101 - 110
DISPLAYED
July at Christmas

(2103)Shamans and Talons
Mar 6, 2021 - Mar 23, 2021
Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus nods to Harry as he continues to write on the paper. "Harry, could you contact HAL and ask him if I may have an audience tomorrow? I'd like to research more of this at the library." He slides the new message back to the Summer King. Turning his attention back to the Snowskin, the Metalflesh pushes all other concerns out of his mind to concentrate on helping his new Summer Brother. Marcus seems lost in thought momentarily before nodding decisively and thrusting his hand out toward Duncan. "I vow to investigate your arcane affliction, and Fate shall smile upon my attempt. If you favor me with your complete honesty, your mind and body will help you mend. Should one of us prove false before the week is out, Fate will turn her darker face upon him, and he will be accursed." Marcus felt a tendril of the Wyrd uncoil from within him, awaiting an answer.

...So let it be done.

Pledge

Duncan nods enthusiastically at the offer and seals the pledge with Marcus. For a second red bands surround them both, binding them on the web of fate that will last only a week but could provide the answer they are both looking for.

As the oath is sealed, Harry jots down a telephone number next to HAL's name and hands it back to Marcus before writing down a note and passing it to Fu and Rust Mane.

Harry's Note

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu nods then motions for the pen and paper. He writes on it then hands it back to Harry.

Fu's note

PRE

Rust reads his note and nods. He was waiting for this.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus pulls out his phone and punches the number Harry had written down. Holding the phone against his ear with his shoulder, the Metalflesh picks up pen and paper once again. He begins to write as someone apparently answers his call. "Hello Sir. This is Marcus Evan. Harry gave me your number so that I could set up an appointment to see you. I have an urgent matter on which I would like your opinion. Is there any chance that you are available tomorrow?" Marcus absently nods at whatever is said to him over the phone. "I have some research to do, so I thought perhaps the public library?" A vague uneasiness seems to stiffen his posture. God, but his voice is creepy... Hanging up his phone Marcus hands over the note he had written to Duncan.

What's it say? What's it say?

Duncan looks down and sniffles before taking the pen and paper, writing down something in return.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus gives Duncan a look of sympathy before scribbling another message.

Do I need to roll for Writer's Cramp?

Duncan pulls out his wallet, ever so slowly as not to arouse any harmful intentions and takes out a picture of a young redheaded boy of around twelve years old who is wearing an Anaheim Ducks hockey shirt and posing with none other than Wildwing, the team's famous anthropomorphic duck mascot. On the back, it has written 'Lyle's 10th B'day'.

Studying the photograph, Marcus tries to commit every detail to memory. He notices the awkward, yet happy expression on Lyle's face... the exact shade of the boy's hair... each dimple... every freckle. Closing his eyes, he summons these details into a mental picture of Lyle, trying to engrave the image into his memory. Opening his eyes, Marcus looks into the sticken face of the boy's father. He grips Duncan's hand and clasps the man's shoulder as he looks directly into the Snowskin's eyes. "Duncan. We are going to find him."

Looking up at the darkening sky, he can imagine what the rest of his Courtiers have in mind. Marcus wants to go find answers. He needs to help Duncan. The boy's face will haunt him until he is found. Marcus will figure out exactly what that little Ogre is up to. The Metalflesh wants to find and punish the bastard who dared to attack the Spring Sovereign. Marcus needs to shine light into the darkness that has surrounded him. However, right now, he will finish what he started. It's getting late. The library is closed and it would be suicide to try to confront Mason in those woods at night. Especially with all of his little critters skulking about. Grabbing fresh beers for everyone, he throws some more meat on the grill. He would celebrate Summer in the heart of Winter, damnit! "Nothing more to be done tonight. We should get an early start in the morning."

Wow, check out the big brain on Marcus!

Fortitude

Marcus manages to remember every detail of Lyle from the photo and as the evening wears on, the Summer courtiers find that their Glamour has been replenished by the pure glory of Harry's Mantle, ready to face the oncoming storm.

Marcus replenishes his Willpower and all three gain 5 Glamour for taking bashing damage at the gathering.

End Scene

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
Closed Thread