Trimming the Bush

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you Edward," Alice said flatly at the man's compliment. "Who is Rex is he a friend of yours or perhaps a pet?" She asked as she waived to Enzo for him to come closer.

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

Enzo lowers his rifle slightly as Alice waves him over, but he doesn't shoulder it, or otherwise put it away. The Gentry were sneaky bastards and he wanted to be ready for something should a situation pop off. He smiles at Edward as he draws near, a disarming smile, to show he has no intent on shooting him... unless he gave Enzo a reason.

Edward wells up, tears forming in his eyes.

"H-h-h-h-hes m-m-m-my pup-pup-*sniffle*-py."

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice seems to consider his words for a moment before replying, "I heard a puppy just a little bit ago. My friend and I can help you look for Rex if you will come with us." Alice started walking in the direction she heard the puppy and then paused to make sure Eward and Enzo were following her.

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

"Yeah, we heard a puppy barking, how 'bout you come with us and we'll help you find Rex, sound like a deal?" Enzo say, as he begins walking alongside Alice, but making sure to keep Edward in his sight and his rifle ready to lift and aim at him incase of anything going south.

Edward nods and wipes his nose on his sleeve, following behind.

As the trio move away from the cave, they can see several forms take shap from the fog. One is of a chocolate owl while the other three appear to be changelings, one of whom is carrying another.

L

Rick heaves a deep sigh of relief as he finally makes his way out of that accursed mist. Hopefully Terri would wake up now that they were free of it. Oh, and he could see further than a couple feet ahead of him again. That was always a plus. And speaking of seeing, "Edward, there you are." He does pause a bit though, looking at Alice and Enzo, "What are you two doing here?"

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice didn't expect to stumble across other Changelings in the hedge; it was large place after all. Certain that she remembered seeing them at the winter ascension she relaxed her guard a little bit, taking her hand away from her rifle. "I take it that you know Edward here? Enzo and I were just out scouting the hedge on motley business and stumbled across Edward. He seems to be looking for his lost puppy, Rex. I heard one just a minute ago and was going to see if we could find it." Alice stopped looked at the three of them and asked flatly without emotion, "What are you doing here? Is she alright?" She finished nodding to Terri.

Rex is yipping to Edward who has scooped the little puppy in his arms, a child-like grin on his face.

"Look Mr. Rick, I found Rex!" Edward's face falters as he sees Terri. "Is the nice squirrel lady ok?"

L

More like Rex found you. "Yes, yes you did, good job Edward." In response to Alice's question, "We were trying to track down Edward," he decided that the "duh" was best left unsaid. And now that they were clear of the fog he lowered Terri to the ground, checking her pulse. "As far as I can tell she's just unconscious. There was something weird about the fog back there, knocked her out. Hopefully getting out of it'll be enough to let her regain consciousness." It's fairly easy to tell that the slight undertones of worry in his voice throughout the encounter are more pronounced in those past few sentences.

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread