Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Trimming the Bush

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Kharn

"We could give it a Spring touch, maybe bend the will of the Hedge to make it more to our liking, throw up some stuff to give it a nice touch. Hell, maybe later we can dig in deeper to expand the place, make some more room, that kinda stuff." He says in answer to her question about what he though about a cave.

"Lets get in there and check the place out, see what we find, and we can decide from there." He says stalking forward gracefully.

Perception check please

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

Per Check 1 suxx

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Perception check, 5 successes

As the pair scout around and inside the cave, Enzo and Alice turn to find a middle aged man standing 10 yards away. He is dressed like a janitor of somekind and looks glassy eyed. More than that, he is mortal and not changeling, hob or Other.

Alice however can see past the man into the Hedge further. A fog swallows up the distance around 100 yards away. It isn't moving towards them, just swathing the Briar in its cloak. Alice can also hear the distant flapping of wings and the yip-yip of a barking puppy.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice notices the man standing there glassy eyed as well as the noises and turns to Enzo, "That man looks to have his mind affected by someone or something. Keep an eye out. That fog may be an issue and I don't know if it could mean trouble, but I know there are creatures nearby. I can hear wings flapping in the distance and a puppy barking, I don't know how far though cause sounds can be a little distorted in the fog."

If Enzo doesn't stop her she starts to make her way slowing and carefully to the man.

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

"I've got your back, I'll cover you." Enzo says bringing his rifle up to his shoulder and sighting down on the man.

He keeps his pointed ears perked up, listening to the wings flapping, and puppy barking, for any chance that it may be drawing nearer. His eyes remain looking down the sights of his rifle, though he occasionally looks at Alice's rear as she slowly approaches the man. I hate to see you leave, but I love watching you walk away... He thinks with a smile, quoting the old saying before focusing back on the "Janitor", aiming dead center on the man's chest.

As Alice gets closer she can tell that the man doesn't look dangerous and isn't armed. He has a name badge on his overalls: Edward.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice glanced around as she approached him, but she spent most of her focus on Edward. When she got near she addressed him, "Edward, can you hear me?"

The man seems to blink and look up at Alice, as if seeing her for the first time.

"You're pretty. Where's Rex?" There is a child-like innocence to his voice.

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread