(John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He listened intently he had been curious even if the question had come accidentally. He creature a picture in his mind, slowly nodded then wondering if they were kept in boxes or bookcases but he managed to not let curiosity get the better of him this time. Anyway, it was something he could see and ask about after their next date. Next date. His heart was a flutter at the thought of it, excitement and anticipation beginning to build already.

She seemed a little hesitant in the follow up and the way it was said seemed to be to stop any arguments in its tracks. Not that he had any real reason to argue. “I’ll be at every one if I can, if not it’s because I have a prior obligation to one of my duties.” Which one, who knew, could be his obligations as Monarch or Counselor, but he wanted to set expectations after making such a lofty promise. He followed it up with a smile though. “It’ll be an education I’m sure. I like music, I don’t see how it could be boring especially seeing such a talented performer play.” Smile turning into a smirk as he looked over at her.

He was just as on the back foot as she was with that statement until she brought up physical intimacy and then it was a cacophony of noise as they both tried to speak at the same time, his words fumbling and awkward as he scratched at the back of his head and insisted she start and remained silent to drive that home as she finished her thought. If his face could be any darker it would be. He reached down to take a sip of his water to try and compose himself.

“I wasn’t, uh, I don’t, I uh, I’ve never. I was going to take the couch!”
    He blurted out as quickly as he could to get the words out, taking a deep breath. “But, ummm, Sleeping together…” He flinched and rephrased, “…falling asleep together sounds like it could be nice. Do you care if there’s music playing? “ Not that it was anytime close to when he’d normally go to bed but it was nice to know in case she got tired.

Goes by the name: John

2. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

There was a bit of surprise at his statement that he'll be at all of her concerts when he can be. It made her heart feel full, a sweet excitement at the idea of him seeing her when she's fully in her element of playing, greeting her after performances. She'd felt so alone after concerts since she'd come here, playing, then packing up and going home. Sometimes a little musician's afterparty, but, those weren't too common and she didn't normally attend anyway. "That would be really nice. I'd love that," was all she could really say, because there really weren't words to put together that expressed just how happy the thought of it made her. "I certainly hope you will." Not that she'd ever had anyone not like or appreciate her music.

She doesn't know if it is the way they interrupted each other or the blush on his face, but she could feel the heat radiating off her cheeks, which given how cool she usually feels, is an odd feeling. The weirdest part of this for her is realizing she has swapped positions. She wasn't the inexperienced one anymore and that was a weird thought. Weird, weird thought.

"I-I wasn't assuming you weren't going to. I just, uh," she starts giggling then and she has to cover her mouth for a moment to calm down, "Music playing is fine. I'm not quite tired yet, so we've got a bit, and I'm pretty sure it's still your day time. My schedule is also weird. Symphony rehearsals are in the evening, ending around nine or ten, so I don't usually go to sleep until like three to five in the morning. Give or take a few hours sometimes. I also feel like... like I have less nightmares sleeping while there is light out."

Wait... so this is happening? The blush did not calm from her face and she moved her hand to tuck a few loose locks out of her face.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He didn’t care, so long as she was there it was all he’d need. He’d get to see her do what she loved and play music. His face was still red-hot from embarrassment and he was nursing his cigarette to keep himself busy and as distracted as he could be. Hand running through his hair nervously, running the smooth strands between his fingers as the butterfly’s rose in his stomach. “Well you’ll have to let me know when the next one is then.” Though there were opportunities there as well, ones he’d never really pushed for before.

“Yea, I usually go to bed around if not a bit after sun-up so that’s actually right around my schedule since most of my meetings are in the evening. So, uh, that works out.” Mind focusing on logistics instead because that’s what he was comfortable processing right now. Though he supposed that they’d have to have that conversation eventually. He frowned and nodded, reaching a hand up to squeeze her shoulder and look her in the eyes. He didn’t say anything, he just smiled. Hopefully he could help her with those nightmares.

Like everything else so far, he hadn’t put a lot of thought into it. Not thinking about intruding in on her dreams or what he might see there. She’s going to dream about her ex and then what are you going to do? Wash it away, that wouldn’t be fair. Space. Everyone needs space. He took a breath and pulled his hand away, smile still there but softer now. He wanted to apologize that he’d never danced this dance before, that he had to go slow because he was nervous and afraid. “If you want it to, I can still sleep on the couch it’s fine. I'm, uh, sorry I'm such a disaster."

5. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I will," They'd be be playing Carnival of the Animals soon, wouldn't be a terrible way to get started. Not like sitting through Mahler. That would be a rough first go unless you like lots of epic choir and lots of crazy conductor movements. Although, she enjoyed it. She'd have to see if she can't snag that solo for The Swan. Maybe she will take Sera up on that offer to get her a gown or two.

His hand reaching up and squeezing her shoulder, that smile upon his still very flushed face, just makes her melt a little bit. She wondered how bad his were. Several times Sera had mentioned teas and help for his sleep and he always looked tired. She knew she always felt better having someone to hug her when she'd wake up, whether that was Blodwen or her ex. Blodwen had stayed over for a good month after he left, the nightmares were so bad. Would it help him or hurt him? Scare him waking up with someone there?

He pulls away and apologizes and Cassandra can't help but look at him confused. She could understand the worry of her changing her mind, but... "You're not a disaster, you're nervous and emotional and there's a lot changing all of the sudden. That's normal. And for a Winter, this much change and excitement is a lot." She pauses, "What's bothering you really?" It isn't like she'd really judge him for anything, especially given that she knows what he's going through. Ish.

7. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He knew her words were meant to be comforting but it was difficult to accept them. He heard them and let go a little. Just a small step. He didn't know what to say though, didn't have any words so he just looked up at her, lips curling down into a frown. Then she asks the real question, right to the point. His mind searched and scanned trying to put words to the knot of emotions inside of him.

"Afraid." That was the root of it, the core of the emotion. Fear. "I'm afraid that this will go away." No time frame, today, tomorrow, a year it didn't matter when he was afraid of losing it now that he had it. "Afraid I'll mess it up because I don't know what I'm doing. Like I'm not good enough, that I don't deserve this." The last words hurt because they were the closest to the truth. He didn't think he deserved this at all. Not after everything he's done.

"I know, I know." He continued before she'd had the chance to counter. "I know;" a little softer, "I hope one day I can see what you see and you can see what I do." It was the best he could do at the moment, there were still so many knots to untie.

9. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

She listens, nodding and opens her mouth to speak, but he keeps going. Words aren't going to fix this festering fear; it's always going to be there. She knows because she feels it too. And yet there are so many things she wants to say. She doesn't deserve him. She can't deserve him after the things she's helped happen, the deaths she's caused, the... She'll never be able to do enough good to make up for it, but you can't help desire. You can't help who makes your heart flutter or who makes you feel alive. And she's selfish.

She rests her hand on his and leans over to kiss his cheek, "I hope so too, because the man I see is pretty great. I don't think I deserve him at all, but as long as he wants me, baring crazy things, I'm his. And if the Wyrd decides to hold me to it, it'll likely find itself very disappointed." It was true, though it is possible it's because she knows she doesn't just fall for anyone. When her heart latches on, it latches on deep. At least... the two times it has ever happened seemed to be like that. Hard to tell when you don't really have much experience there.

"Mm, best not to poke at it though or it'll decide to do much weirder things. Like hold me to being on time to something." She chuckles a little bit, trying to perhaps lighten the mood. Give him some air to breathe. Then she moves over grabbing her phone out of her pocket, unplugging his phone and plugging hers in. "My turn. Hm... Suddenly feeling very in need of a femme voice." She laughs, putting on something and then sitting back.

11. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He had turned to face her when she touched his hand, pushing him into the kiss early. He made a small surprised sound and then laughed, shifting his grip to give her hand a squeeze. "I see that in you too. Add in multi-talented, caring hard working..." He trailed off after that point as he smiled at her. When she invoked the Wyrd he knew she was serious, he could invoke it as well and hold her to that promise with those words.

Not now, not like this it isn't right. When they were a little more level headed, when they had had some time, when they could talk about the wording. One step at a time, first you have to build a stable foundation. This is a good start though. A soft chuckle at her joke, smile tugging briefly at his lips. Almost gasping when she unplugged his phone, leaving his mouth hanging open until the music started. Sliding his cigarette in the ashtray at the same time, the rest of his body still.

Music soothes the wild beast and he sighed and curled up against her again. Enjoying the drawn out opening with a sigh. Taking in the moment again, making sure to breathe. This was it, this was enough. He didn't need anything else. "So what should be our code phrase?"

13. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The way he looked when she unplugged his phone was interesting. Interesting in a way that she wasn't entirely sure what the reaction was. Startled at the silence? Weirded out by it? But he seemed to relax the moment the music started, so that's what mattered. She began to wonder how deep of a coping mechanism music was for him. Silence can be terrifying. Silence is lonely. Silence gives the mind time to think.

She adjusts herself against him, closing her eyes for a moment to just enjoy the feeling of him and the music. Then he spoke and she had to take a moment to consider. Code phrase... "If we are talking about for sneaking off somewhere, it could be something music related. Like a variation on a lyric from a song. 'You're making me dizzy.' or 'Is it by mistake or design?'. Mentioning of a song title maybe? But if you mean a form of endearment, we could always just make a point of saying each other's names more often. I like hearing you say my name..." The way it comes out makes her blush just a little bit.

15. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"As a smoker I have an in built excuse to sneak off at a moments notice. Sometimes it was the only way I could get away from people. Doesn't have to be a verbal cue either. I used to cheat in Euchre using hand signals before. If I did something with my knuckles that was diamonds. So I could scratch my heart or something too." He was sure they would pick up on it eventually, language shifting and changing as other people began to catch on.

"Alright then Cassandra, I can do that." And he was like that for awhile, his body still except for the rise and fall of his chest. I want to tell her I won't hide anything from her, but I couldn't keep that promise. So he didn't say anything. "What are you thinking and feeling right now?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

She nods, more considerations, "The difficult part is always considering what you naturally do absently. I used song before. Simple hum, different one every time, but, uh, that's also how I hid messages in general. And I had a tendency to hum... a lot, looking at compositions. So it never seemed out of place." Of course, that was only her code with Phillip, considering he was also a musician. Made life pretty easy just leaving a composition somewhere, adding a couple of accent markings in the right places. Perfect pitch was handy. "They also don't have to match either. Would make it harder so that we won't have to change it as often too. You could scratch your heart and I could twist my hair around my finger. I constantly fidget with it anyway, but I don't twirl."

And then her mind was on the daydreams of actually whisking off to find a spot together, which makes her look off to the side for a moment with a little smile. Then hearing him say her name just made her a little bit giddy, a feeling of butterflies in her chest.

"Well, John, I'm feeling better than I've felt in a long time. And I'm thinking that it is a shame that your lips aren't on mine right now." She leans over and pecks his lips, "Actually, I'm having a lovely daydream of the idea of sneaking off with you in the middle of many gathers." She then cocks her head to the side a little, "What about you?" She pauses, "Everything okay?"

18. Likes Shane liked this post
Page 8 of 11 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread