Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Grief changes us, sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worst. Many factors playing into it.” She didn’t dwell on hers. Her relationship with her father never been the best, but there was still grief.

There was a small smile, “It is nice. But it isn’t without its issues as well. Like if it falls apart, there is more than just friends, there is the loss of a space, a Hallow. So while I think it’s worth it, it can be difficult too.” But maybe that was because she screwed up the last ones she was in.

Laughing, “Sounds like we have quite the pact going!” though there were no promises in death.

“Hey, nothing wrong with wanting to explore other Arcana’s. I’ve been working on Death myself. But whenever you’re ready, just let me know. I figured if you wanted to keep pursing it, having someone who is a Master could be helpful.” Not talking herself up, just making a point. Nodding, “I get it. Becoming a Master isn’t something you can push. At least, I don’t think so. I know for myself, I let it happen when it was supposed to happen and I was ready. And even then, I wonder if one is ever truly ready for that level and power, you know?” it was weird. They all wanted to reach that level, to be a Master. But were any of them ready?

“Sure, that’s something we can get setup. My schedules pretty open, so just let me know.”

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, taking it in when Aurora talks about grief, kind of generally, but still, it's pretty certain she's describing her own personal experience. Like it changed her, and she's not happy about all of the ways. Or not happy about how the relationship ended. Or something, who knows without asking, and Kaze has kind of already asked enough questions for today, he feels.

He listens again when she talks about the Cabal being worth it. "So, do you think you'll do it again? Join a Cabal here, or start one?" He asks. Oops.

"Works for me!" Kaze says, grinning when Aurora more or less agrees to the mutual back watching pact.

"Yeah..." Kaze agrees thoughtfully when Aurora talks about it being okay to not push hard for Master, without feeling ready. Somehow as she says it, he feels like maybe it's something he should push for...like waiting until he's comfortable with the concept might be the kind of cowardice he's trying to get out of the habit of letting factor into his choices. Maybe he should re-think his priorities. Really push himself to study harder and go deep with the occult studies and arcana Mastery. After all, it seems like he's friends and sort of kind of dating a vampire. He should study more about what's out there in general.

"Oh right, so...I think you said you didn't feel like even your sanctum wasn't really warded enough to do Shapechaging?" Kaze asks, "So that means at the Circle, right?"

He's apostate now, so he doesn't have access to any of the private wings of the Circle.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An absent shrug of her shoulder, “I’m not really sure to be honest. I know I hurt and let people down when I was in one before and left. I don’t want to do that again you know?” hurting people had kind of become her thing over the years. “I’m not opposed to it, but I also like only relying on myself. I know my Hallow isn’t going to vanish when someone leaves,” sighing, “I also know the only person I have to let down is myself.” It was what it was, “I just don’t know.” She didn’t have an answer to the question.

“Well, to be honest, I haven’t Warded my Sanctum yet. It’s on the list of things I need to do, but it’s not a very big Sanctum yet and Wards have fallen to the back burner.”
    She knew she needed them. “So it’s not safe for such activities. The Circle has the space, and has the Wards. Maybe I can ask Phoenyx if we can use the Arrow’s training area. Never hurts to ask.” And it would be nice to know there was an Arrow nearby in case.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods thoughtfully as Aurora talks about her hesitancy to get involved in a Cabal again. The reasons kind of sound like they apply a lot more broadly than just to Cabals...like reasons to not really get close to anyone at all...which he can relate to, actually. There's different ways of doing it; he's found that he can be really friendly and talk about all kinds of personal stuff without really letting himself feel like the person isn't just an acquaintance who's going to skip town tomorrow. Like someone you happen to be sitting next to on an airplane.

"It sounds intense." Kaze agrees. "Like something to work up to, for sure. I mean, I get along with most of the people around, but I wouldn't want to bet my home on them still being around next year...."

"So, a Hallow? I don't mean to be all nosy. I bought my condo mostly because of the Hallow. It's got a peaceful resonance I really appreciate." Kaze ventures.

"Oh, yeah sure." Kaze agrees when Aurora says why she'd prefer the Circle for Shapechanging practice. "Totally makes sense. I got spoiled when Alastor was First Talon. I forgot, because I thought of it as an Order thing, but I was in a Cabal, with Alastor and Phoenyx. And yeah...it was sad when Alastor left, and we broke up. Oh, anyway, yeah Alastor did the warding for our Cabal sanctum. That's part of why I want to learn Space, so I can do it for myself and...friends, I guess." he says, smiling.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“With the right group of people, I don’t think it’s that intense. But there is a lot of trust that goes into it. I always kept this place when I was in a Cabal, my own private home. I would invest in wherever we decided to live, but I would never give up my own place. We all need a place to feel safe and fall back on.” Or that’s how it had been for her.

Nodding briefly, “It’s a small one, nothing fancy. But it’s mine and I don’t have to share it. And don’t worry about it, I don’t think it’s being nosy. Though congrats on finding your own! Always exciting when you’re able to do that.” Though she really needed to add some wards.

“I think it’s usually more of an Arrow thing, as Phoenyx resides there, and I did briefly. Which is why I intend to ask her first. A respect thing, and who knows? Maybe she’d want to join or keep an eye on things.” Absently nodding, “He was a good guy. One hell of a fighter too. So is Phoenyx.” And all she had done was turn into a bird and heal. “And I’m sure you are as well, no offense.” But she’d never seen him fight. “Space sounds like a very useful Arcana to learn, one I should look into as well. I’ve heard nothing but how useful it is.”

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah. i could see that..." Kaze says, thoughtfully when Aurora says she always kept her own place even when she had a shared Sanctum with her Cabal. If it was a relationship, like a marriage, keeping a separate place would send all the wrong messages. So, yeah. It's not the same.

"Wow. So...do you mind if I ask, what kind of resonance does it have?" Kaze asks. He does NOT just cast Primal Vision and start scoping it out for himself!

"Oh, yeah! I think it's really interesting, too! I mean, Space is one area where the Lie really gets shown, I mean, that distance is a Lie. That your connection to something is what matters, not how far away it is." Kaze says, sounding kind of geeky and excited.

"Of course, just the little bit of knowledge I picked up from Alastor showed me that it can change how you see things. Like, the sympathetic connections you have to people. With Space, you can just...wipe that out. It's weird for me to think about. And the flip side, being able to just see those connections, that people have to other people or things...like how into them they are. That feels...invasive to just be able to see it out in the open."

He shrugs, "I guess it isn't all that different from walking around seeing whether someone is sick or not. I mean, HIPPA rules are out the window, you know?"

10. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blinking a few times, “Resonance it has? My Sanctum?” making sure she heard him right. “Well, I haven’t looked in a while, but it’s a mixture of quite a few Arcanas, mainly Life. A bright vibrant green.” Which made sense, she was a Life Master.

She had to smile at how excited he sounded about it. “Seems like Space is something that is important to you, something you really want to study.” She wasn’t going to call him weird about it. Arcana was what made them, well, them.

“So in some way, it’s like Fate. With Fate you can see the sympathetic connection between people. Even how and if destines have been manipulated. Which down the road can be altered, but with great cost. So I wonder if it’s the same for Space. If there is a great consequence to being able to wipe those connections.” Then a low chuckle, “In a way, it is invasive. Especially when it can be done in a way that those you are observing don’t know. But, on the other hand, it can give you the upper hand in a dangerous situation.” She had moved past feeling bad about being able to see those things. Well, when she could.

Laughing, “Our sight can be a curse sometimes. But I suppose it’s never really bothered me. I’ve always viewed it as someones destiny to be sick and it’s not my place to interfere. Though that could be my understanding of Fate kicking in, but it just never felt right to step in. Unless it’s one of my friends and one of the other Awakened. Then I feel a sense of duty to save them.” Shrugging, “But, we’re all different in how we view those things.”

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Uh huh. Cool." Kaze says as Aurora describes her Hallow's resonance. Makes sense. She's probably seeing through the Life Arcana, not the Prime. He wonders if it is a peaceful resonance or an aggressive, combative one.

"Yeah. It does appeal to me. The mobility and just...how things are connected...." Kaze says. He decides not to mention just how cool it would be to learn enough Space to keep his katana in a pocket dimension and just pull it out whenever....

"Yeah."
    Kaze agrees to the security enhancement of seeing things through Sight. Seeing connections between people would help a lot if he were walking into a trap, with people pretending to be strangers to each other but actually working together.

"So...you sound like Fate is kind of a big deal for you, Aurora. I mean, not just the Arcana, but believing...like, 'if it's meant to be...' and all of that. Is that how you feel? Kind of...fatalistic? I mean, it sounds a little like you'd be pretty comfortable with Buddhism, the way i learned it in Japan anyway. That's kind of rare for a Westerner, to be able to just...accept, 'it is what it is' and all that."

14. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Then I wish you luck and success with learning it. And maybe I’ll pick your brain about it someday.” Sometimes learning new Arcana could be tricky.

A quick glance down at her plate, “It used to be.” Which was the truth. “I don’t know anything about Buddhism, but I was just taught that there are some things we are not meant to mess with. One shouldn’t alter the interconnections between people and things, the universe notices that, and it always has a price.” A light shrug, “But yeah, I’ve always believed if something was meant to be, it would be. If someone is destined to die a certain way, we don’t have the right to interfere. So I suppose it is fatalistic, but it’s how things were taught to me way back when. Back when I was a young mage.” Laughing at the thought. “Is that such a bad thing?”

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks!" Kaze smiles when Aurora wishes him luck learning Space.

"Honestly, I am a little all over the place since leaving the Arrows. I mean, I have a looooong list of stuff I want to try and do. I mean, you know..." He flushes a little, looking embarrassed.

"When I first met you, I was always talking about being a paramedic. I totally am not even pursuing that anymore. The acting is a thing, definitely. I haven't been pushing hard on it though. I mean, just that one job, learning Archery for it, just the basic form for looks though." He says.

"So...I guess I'm just saying, the fact that I am interested in Space...it might be a while before I actually really start learning it. I have less discipline since I have been on my own, but I feel like I have more self-discipline, you know?"

Kaze listens quietly, interested as Aurora acknowledge a sense and even a comfort with her Fate being decided for her, at least that's how it sounds to him.

"You know what? I don't think it's even a little bit bad." Kaze says grinning.

Then he says thoughtfully, "I guess, I mean I don't mean to 'go there', but I kinda believe the same thing, that I don't and shouldn't try to have that kind of control. I think it's good to know we aren't in control. It's just...instead of an impersonal force that is in control, I believe that God is control, and I believe He is good, and cares about me, so...it makes it easier to trust that things are going to work out, you know? I mean, to have hope that things can surprise me, can change for the better." he says.

"I'm not saying it's easy to believe that, just...easier, you know?"

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread