Fit for an Onyx Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit waited patiently for Cassandra to catch up to her own thoughts and feelings. Her outburst startled him - and when that moment was gone it frankly worried him even more. There is a lot of emotion just bottled up.. And now that she was Thane she'd have to keep bottling those emotions up whenever the two of them interacted.

"Well, first of all I wouldn't wear myself out by trying to make sense of other people. You never know what someone thinks, feels or knows. Much less when they're.. you know." He pointed at her, then at himself with both hands: Lost weren't the most socially adept at their best and it mostly went downhill from there. "Again, it's about what you can bear more easily. If being rejected helps you to find your center again someday maybe it's a shot worth taking." He wasn't addressing her memories of her youth - time was pressing and he wanted to reach some kind of conclusion. It was kind of ruthless, but he figured it would amount to a good end.

"And I think your friendship is strong enough to recover, should he not feel the same way. You'll probably need some time, maybe he will too. But I don't think John would turn his back on you for being honest with him. Of course, if you think you'll be happier in the long run by not telling him that whole point is moot. But I honestly think then you'll need some other way to deal with your emotions." He said it as warmly as it could, but the words had their own edge. My father would be proud, had he any sense of appreciation for other ways to hurt people. No, you're helping.

He shook his head slightly and looked for Cassandra's eyes. "Just know that I'll always be there for you, regardless what you'll do."

2. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I have no doubt it will 'recover' either. I don't even know that it will actually make things truly awkward just... it will exist and be what it is. Know that- that this kind of thing doesn't affect the way I work, if that is any concern. I know how to put away feelings at the door when I need to." She says quietly, actually kind of worried if it is thought that she might start acting weird around John. Oh, wait... she has been acting weird. She can be more conscious of it and make sure she puts it at the door, like she always did before. Oh god, I am shit at this. No, it'll be fine. "Maybe that's the point. Maybe I don't. But still, I'll be fine tonight," She sighs.

"My mom always said 'que sera, sera'. It will be what it is. Tonight, at the very least, I exist as a friend and Thane of our court. And, Gerrit... thank you. If shit goes south, know that I'm gonna need a friend to commiserate with via Nutella and crap movies."
    She cracks a smile at that and it seems as though she finally has a sense of direction. Hopefully.

Though now that thought lingers on her mind. How on Earth am I going to do this? Not tonight, at least...

She gazes at her watch, "Probably about time we saw John here soon."

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

A few minutes later had James trekking up to them, backpack full of supplies he normally took to the hedge on his back. They were hollow hunting, that meant going into the hedge and he wasn’t the type of person to take chances with something like that. He had his normal array of supplies, rope, food, water, the usual. Though his knife was tucked away inside the bag for now not knowing how legal it was within the city. Least he could always just say he was going hiking.

He looked between the two as he arrived, eyes glancing from one, then the other before he offered a small smile. “I miss something? So, we, uh ready?” He wasn’t sure what it was but he could feel the oddest sensation when he arrived, it wasn’t quite tension but it was in the same ballpark he thought. He was sure if it was important, they’d let him know.

John wasn’t wearing anything special for the occasion, a pair of well worn hiking boots, jeans, and a t-shirt advertising a relay for life event from about 3 years ago. Something easily disposed of in case the hedge decided to take more than it had from him already.

Goes by the name: John

5. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Hearing Cassandra say she'd be fine tonight was something - there was a lot more to unpack, but time was running low and they've talked about the most important. Sometimes it's no use to mull over the same things again and again. He gave her a warm smile. "Sounds like a good contingency plan."

The drizzle slowed down and stopped completely by the time John arrived. More poetically inclined Lost could see this as a sign, but Gerrit was simply glad it got a bit less uncomfortable outside. Who knew how long they'd have to look.

Seeing the Darkling's bearings Gerrit noticed that he was woefully underprepared for a longer expedition - maybe John's equipment and their instincts would be enough. "Hello John. No, we've just been chatting a bit because we arrived earlier." Technically not a lie, but there was a hint of awkwardness in his voice. "So what's our plan?"

7. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The Fairest allowed her eyes to linger over the Darkling for a long moment, noting the supplies that were visible, and she had no doubt he was more prepared on that end. The last few times she'd cleared a thicket of thorns for a Hollow, she hadn't encountered anything shady, but then again, you never know. "I figured we'd find an old gateway, a mausoleum of a sort, probably with a weak latch of a kind, and open up the Hedge to see what's growing. Carve out our little piece."

She looks between the two of them, her face a calm, neutral expression, airing on the side of pleasant rather than tense as it had been before. Her shifting colors even look more relaxed. Just become a slightly different person for a little while and ride it until you make it to the end. No tension exists. Happy little court with lovely friendships. I mean, that isn't far off, right?

She looks then toward the long end of the graveyard, her eyes searching a bit before turning to John for his response.

9. Likes Aeolus liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

Well wasn't he the over dressed one. He looked from one, then the other noting the shift in Cassandra's colors and he had to pull his thoughts away from dissecting them and what they meant. Reading people was his natural reaction and while most people had little ticks Cassandra's was a shifting work of art, perfectly expressing an emotional moment, it was hard not to pry.

He looked back over his shoulder as his bag. "Huh. Think I packed too much?" He gave a little snort, lip curling up to a smirk, nodding along with Cassandra's assessment. Gerrit being the steady figure he was usually appeared serious so that was par for the course. The anxiety was normal, they were about to walk into an unknown part of the hedge. Nothing out of place.

"Then let's walk, I'll keep my eyes open."

11. Likes Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit gave John a slight smile. "No, I think you've brought enough for the three of us so that's fine."

Following Cassandra's suggestion he started deeper into the graveyard. A thick air of Sorrow hung around and the old graves made sure that decency coupled with some mortal superstition would deter most unassuming from looking there for the Onyx Court's hollow. Perfect.

After a while he saw a good candidate for their mausoleum: it seemed old and neglected enough that there probably weren't any living mourners around anymore, it didn't look too gaudy or extravagant and the big tree next to it made it easy to find for those in the know. He stopped and looked at John and Cassandra. "What do you think?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra takes a look over the old mausoleum that Gerrit had pointed out. An unkempt building with old ivy creeping up the sides, shadowed by a knotting tree, barren of most of its leaves. Perhaps it was a bit on the nose, but isn't that what they wanted?

"Perfect." She says with a grin, walking over and placing her hand on the cold, somewhat wet stone. Sacramento wasn't known for its frost, but there was something about the way that stone touched her skin that gave her the sense that this was it. "What do you think, John?" She asks, turning her gaze then to the Wisp, a lingering smile still gracing her dark, painted lips.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He gave a short snort but his lips stretched into a smile at Gerrit’s comment. “What can I say.” He chuckled as he hooked his thumbs through the straps of his backpack as they walked through the cemetery. His eyes darting to each grave taking in their appearance, weathering, upkeep. Frowning wondering how many of these were forgotten, how many lives lost, how and who was there to bear their torch forward?

3 successes

Cassandra’s voice breaking him out of his silent contemplation. “Hmmm? Oh.” It took him a second to get back up to speed as he eyed the structure, the ivy growing up the side, grass a little too long. Another forgotten soul. He could see the faint pulse, the almost heatwave shimmer that flashed and then was gone before he gave a small nod. “Mmmm hmmm, this is one.” John didn’t say anything else, this could be an instructional moment for them. He might be overprepared but it was a Gate, A door, that means things came and went from it and when in the hedge one could never take anything for granted.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

(Open a Gate)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

With the okay of his Courtmates, Gerrit approached the gate of the mausoleum. Lucky them - the lock that sealed the gate was little more than a formality, worn down by time and probably by some delinquents at some point. It didn't even take any force for the Ogre to take it off.

He then touched the frame and willed some Glamour into it, calling upon the ancient promise between Lost and the Hedge. The air around the three Winters got colder and there was a hint of copper in the air as Gerrit opened the door with a polite request to enter. He glanced back at his friends again to see if they were ready, prepared himself mentally for the possibility of danger on the other side and then entered the Hedge.

He found himself on a clearing that couldn't be more different to the gloomy graveyard he came from. Whether that was a trick to make wanderers drop their guard or a simple coincidence he couldn't tell yet. There was a peacefulness to the Thorns around the clearing and the vibrant greens of something that looked like pine and holly gave the surroundings a lush and lively energy. Gerrit kept his eyes peeled for any threats while he waited for Cassandra and John.

16. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread