Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There's a small but clearly pleased smile at Kaze's suggestion.

The Arrow looked at Corn quizzically. "Why would we need those things in the Circle? I do not need to be waited on," she asked, clearly confused. She blinks, dark eyes watching him. "Careful application of Forces can make even simple ojects dangerous. To answer your questions, yes, yes, and yes. It can do all those things."

She listens. Corn seemed to greatly underestimate the nature of pragmatists. "Guns are practical, whether you are a Mastigos or not." She shrugged and sipped her tea.

Phoenyx turns to Skye. "Get one? A... cat? Who... who would look after it? I would not know where to begin" She looks confused at the idea.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens to Corn, smiles. Yeah. He's into the movies which is cool, and they're really just movies to him, which is cool too, in a different way. Deciding to avoid guys with guns is fine. Having a plan for if they don't follow that plan is a way of life, one which Kaze is way too familiar with, and more power to Corn if he hasn't had to learn what that's like.

Kaze smiles when Skye talks about how the human body can take punishment and keep going. She's right, of course, but he remembers, shes' told him that she's cast Body Mastery on herself for like the last ten years. He's only been casting it on himself for a few months, and he feels...different. He remembers tho, what it was like training hard without it. More sweating in practice means less bleeding on a mission, the saying went, but really it was broken bones and bleeding in practice means less being dead on a mission.

Just the sessions with Alastor when he got here were tough, and the First Arrow had really gone easy on them, relatively speaking. But the missions had been dicey here, with just three or fewer Arrows. And right now, there's only two Arrows and one Guardian. Only two Arrows, because he quit.

He smiles at Phoenyx. She knows. She's still doing it. Somebody has to.

Kaze sighs, and then stretches and gets up and grins. "Okay, enough talking! Time for a snack and bathroom break, and then the next movie!"

He does as he says, loading up a plate with snacks, grabbing a few water bottles, using the facilities and then settling into the recliner to cue up the opening scene of the second chapter of the John Wick saga. This time, it's the car, not the puppy being avenged.

Yeah, he's got to get around to learning stunt driving. And shooting. Got to!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

To Phoenyx 's comment about guns Corn replies simply, "I agree and I do have some skill with guns and back-yard shooting bottles training - I grew up in a rural part after all. Back me up here Skye ! Tell them how many Alien cyborgs we crushed together in the arcade thanks in part to my guns skills!
    Anyway, I think you misheard, Phoenyx. I said 'Mystagogue' not mastigos. I am moros actually. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that for a Mystagogue like me to have to resort to guns is... well, not unexpected but we're supposed to be the ones planning to use the guns, not react when people with guns come for us. I have some aim - without being special- and I have used guns in the past. I don't have military training.

If a bunch of spirits or ghosts showed up right now in the middle of the room, I guess most of you will react immediately. I will spend a lot of precious seconds wondering how it happened, why it happened and what kind of spirit uses guns. Probably, that would lead to me to spend time bleeding or dying.
    Training to use guns is unfortunately more than being able to take aim and shoot or now how to quickly change the cartridge or care for the gun. I realize my strengths and my limitations. I am not as good in combat as Arrows and I am completely fine with that. We're supposed to compliment each other's skills.
    "

Corn makes a quick run to the bathroom, turns a pitcher of water to good quality mead and sits down to watch the second movie.

1 success -2 for duration

1 success -1 for quality

As before, he's not silent but he doesn't talk incessantly either. He mentions how he likes Rome, that more than an hotel like the continental the Consilium totally needs catacombs. In the scene where Wick visits the tailor that makes him a nice suit of high quality - that is also very much bulletproof- Corn says with a smile "That's my armor! Well, I can't make it as good as that one would be, it would take at the very least an adept in matter for that, and I cannot make it permanent. But that's what I do - in a more limited way: Fashionable armor! "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Remember forces is different from other arcana in the sense that it keeps growing stronger as well, modern technology gives so many new areas to influence that never existed before. It can do a lot you just need to be creative enough or knowledgeable enough to grasp it."

Keeping a warm kind smile aimed at Phoenyx.
    "You and me together of course, don't worry I am great with animals and can teach you and take the main responsibility. Just think though wouldn't it be warm to come home to a cute little kitten? It would also give us an interesting evening of going to pick one out together."

Eyes watching the former arrow, he seems lost in thought or perhaps memories? Waiting until he speaks and is about to get up before grabbing a snickers and quickly throwing it to him in an easy to catch manner.
    "Chase catch." Giving him a wink. "I have no clue what you seemed so lost in thought about know though that if you need someone to talk to so are there people who will listen myself included." Getting up to stretch her legs a bit.

Chuckling.
    "Not a clue all I remember were that we annihilated hordes of enemies that could have been anything, still you should know one thing for clear here." Giving him a serious look, her tone completely changing into her serious work manner. "Real guns, real threats are something else than targets or video games. When the beads of sweet runs down your forehead, your heart beating so quickly that it feels like it's pounding to get free and a slim mistake can mean the end. Trust me when I say this you can never be prepared enough for it." Shaking her head at his words. "I see your point but if you would react like that so would you be extremely odd and lack self preservation. Take cover and then think that I can see but to just be still and think will mean your demise, it might sound harsh but part of my job is to make sure you live and that might include some harsh words do know that they come from concern for your well being."

Taking a deep breath and going back to her normal calm self.
    "If you like so could we set up for me to hunt you with none lethal arrows to get your body adjusted to reacting or some other training, my primary skill is archery though."

Pouring some mead.
    "Thank you." Heading of to heat it before lying down for the second movie, no puppy death this time so all the calmer reactions still talking to the screen or reacting to things she liked were not things she could turn of with ease but no animal kills could at least prevent her from wishing the endless torments of hell and more upon people.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The First Talon shrugs. "Mastoigos, Mystagogue... it does not change the fact of practicality. Acting and keeping a level head are better than daydreaming when something drastic happens."

She looks at Skye puzzled. "I... do not know. It is not something I had ever considered. Perhaps?"

Phoenyx curls up on her chair, resting her chin on her knee as the movie starts.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh hey, snack!" Kaze grins, catching the candy bar Skye throws at him!

1 success

"I appreciate that, Skye." He says, when she offers to listen to any thoughts he wants to share that are weighing on his mind.

"So...it sounds like you would be excellent at coming to the scene of the action afterwards, to figure out what happened, or clean up; is that a thing or am I reading it wrong, Corn?"
    Kaze asks.

He is quiet and uncommenting as Phoenyx grapples with the concept of adopting a house cat.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

There was a small pause and hesitation from Corn towards Kaze 's comment. He took a deep breath and answered somewhat defensively.
    "Yes, to both of those." Then he paused a bit "But I doubt I am the only one that's good for clean-up. Every apprentice of Life and Matter can clean-up and every initiate of death can figure what happened. Apprentices of death, which I am not, can veil the reason of death, too. But let's not get too heavy... this is supposed to be a fun night.

Should we put in the 3rd movie after a bathroom break? If we do, should we order hamburgers or Pizza or keep on with the snacks?
    "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Making a little meowing sound.
    "Think about it, I do believe that it could make the place feel a bit warmer and more like home. We can even go and get a rescue together if you like, whilst dogs can be cuddlier so do I feel like a cats independence can make it a better choice with our lives though." No walking it to begin with.

"Hey I am a nice person...Sometimes at least you know." Could an Arrow ever truly be fully good though? Gahh to much of a moral to think about unless her aim were a headache.

"Maybe that is so, sometimes so can it be exceptionally hard though or have been done in a way to masquerade what really happened. Never think that you are right just cause you have some evidence to back it up and always leave your mind open to another choice." Speaking from experience there, luckily one that ended well rather than how dark it could have been. "No need for me, not much for those kinds of food I prefer spicier stuff."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx's brow is still furrowed, trying to process the thought. "I really do not know. I would have to think about it."

She quietly shakes her head. "I ate before coming... I did not realise we would have food together." She had assumed nothing, it was just a thing she did. She unfurls from her position on the chair and stretches upwards. The thought of anouther film was already wearying.

How do people stay still for this long?

"I have no preference," said with a shrug.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens to Corn, really listens. Something about using his abilities, in that way at least, seems to stir up reluctance. 'Someone else can do it?' Hm...well, Kaze definitely isn't in position to throw rocks at him; it's not like Corn was a former Arrow or Guardian that quit. He was part of a scholarly organization.

He nods and goes with the suggested change of subject. There is one more movie left!

Kaze notices Phoenyx's lack of enthusiasm for sitting through yet another movie. He doesn't have anything to say to that, since it's a treat for him.

He notices too Skye seems less than sure of how good she is, and wonders what her criteria is. He doesn't ask, since it would basically come down to what is she ashamed of...and that doesn't seem likely to be a productive line of conversation.

"Okay, quick break. Meat for me, please. I'm trying to cut out carbs. Gotta watch my figure!" Kaze says lightly, laughing!

After physical needs have been taken care of, Kaze announces, "Okay, the last one, so far! This one has the most dogs in it, at least!" He grins, and starts the final chapter in the trilogy.

18. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread