Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"You already have a program that does this." Jennifer repeated, pausing to look at Quinn. "I find this very curious, as I seem to need to expend some effort to make myself appear. As far as you know, these subjects were unaware of the photograph?"
    Jennifer listens to Quinn's plans and thinks quietly for a moment.

" I am also curious about this not needing a sysadmin to monitor it. We would be unaware if a sysadmin locates this in their property. You say this interim step will give us a heads up if someone finds this anomaly, yet it is just sending the information to a dummy box and scans the info..." She gives Quinn a curious glance. It was quite ambitious, and Jennifer hadn't seen how the program would give a heads up by what Quinn had stated.

"I wouldn't be able to commit to this if I couldn't see how the program would do so. You are saying you run scripts and programs so it doesn't need monitoring, yet I run scripts and programs that also need to be monitored.
    I also am curious on a few points. 1.
    What are your plans for those who don't want to be observed? Some would defend their niche and especially their orchestras that they fought hard to obtain.
    2. How much would this be relying on Maeve? I don't mean to cast negative light on your cousin, but I haven't seen her around. I haven't heard of her doing anything of note to explain her absence.
    3. Whose going to finance this?

The Prince is going to have questions. I don't think she trained in computers, and I expect we might need a demonstration. Do you have real time demo of your program at work?"

Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jennifer Hazelton

ST note: the level of access to the facial recognition software that was described is going to solely used by law enforcement agencies.
    It will not be accessible or attainable by making a program, or modifying a program.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, but it is incredibly limited and working off of the same protocols the facial recognition suite that cell phones use. Not as good as a custom program would be or could be for symbols only." She nodded to her question about not knowing the cameras were there. "Notice their features are still occulated while their clothing and that symbol is not. The program picked up the symbol, not them. On the unfortunate flip side of this, you also get captured feed of men's underwear and ties. I hadn't realized men's accesories had so much symbolism to it. I call it "The Super Secret Underwear Files." She smirked slightly and showed her some hilarious clips of just what she said. The program found men who apparently don't know how to pull up their goddamn pants, or were peeing in an alley or some such. "This is a great illustration of how much more programming this needs to be able to tell for itself that this is not what we want it to pick up."

"We do have to monitor it in that anything it picks up we have to view and either keep or reject the images and video clips. I got it down to 10 hours a week. It could be less if we could work together to tool this program so it doesn't pick up certain things. This will have to be maintained. If you want the same number of camera's I had for the original program it will remain a small thing to manage, if we wish to expand it however, which in a city this large I don't see much way around that, we would eventually need a dedicated Sysadmin. For right now we wouldn't. Only several dedicated servers. I am willing to pay for them for the initial set ups."

"It scans what is being sent to it. You know packet snifers etc are made of different file types than images and video feed. It's not hard for it to tell the diference between a probe and data. That's a safeguard for if any of our extra programming and occasional transfer of data off the network were to be noticed, we could terminate the program to that camera system before they can find us. I didn't have any issues there. I try to keep what the program is looking for to a minimum so it doesn't run its program very often. Nothing that would arouse interest. Until it has something to trigger the images to be captured there is nothing to monitor live, if that makes sense."

Point 1: "You are assuming this is running constantly. It's not. It only will give us recordings or pictures, depending on the camera and system its coming from if a symbol or image is captured that's programmed into that camera to send us the information. Kindred have very little to fear of their business dealings being exposed. It's not constant surveilance. Like our Tattooed Prince for example. She doesn't have any symbolic ink that would trigger the program. Her movements and others will go on as they always have. This only picks up those wearing symbolism outwardly. Brood often does this, and for that alone this program is worth it. "

Point Two: "Right now, none. That is my doing. She wanted me to find out if other Prisci wanted in on the project for collaboaration to spread around both work and expense. No use putting the cart before the horse. If we have a green light she will be instrumental in helping find networks with camera's that would be benefitial for our careful surveilance. As well as hacking those systems so we can slip our programming in to in case something interesting pops up in the feeds."

Point Three: "Right now assuming minimal camera's to exploit, we need servers. I would be happy to invest in the initial bits to get this running. Depending on how much information we will be lucky enough to capture, really depends on how much it will cost in Servers, storage, etc. I do have a location in mind for the servers to go that won't cost us a dime. SO right now, little expense to start, later on though, we will have to get funding from other sources."

"Yes I do. We can take a look together now if you like. Keep in mind I only have the information from the former network to use. Not one iota of live environment here. The bottom line is we really have no idea how many Kindred are transient or operating in and out of this domain, this can help with that. It can help with sharpening where a security team or temporary Security Coterie what have you focus patrols. It can help with getting a heads up where we have Kindred coming in from primarily."

4. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Pointing out that Quinn does not have access to the facial recognition software of this scope, which would be used by law enforcement. She can discuss the programs, but cannot show feeds/ information.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Excellent. Well, I am curious how this will play out. I have some reservations on how the Lady Prince will feel about the feeds and her orchestra.
    This is different than what I initially thought. The Nosferatu family had worked on a different aspect when I was here a few years ago.
    How about we adjourn and start looking for networks that could be vulnerable? Then you can present that.
    I am still unsure about certain aspects and will have to think about it and get back to you on whether we will join together. It's a good idea. I'm simply unsure on a few factors. The family will be meeting in a bit and I will bring up your idea, in general terms, for their consideration."
    . She didn't want Priscus Durant concerned with being ' scooped'.
    "I had arranged speaking with her Grace when I spoke to the Seneschal Hart. Are you confident in meeting with her Grace?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

7. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Different in a good way or a bad way?" She asked with a self deprecating smile. "You know how much work this is. Recognition software of any kind is new tech. And to be fair, it could net us nothing at all if we aren't patient and find the right camera's in the right area's so to speak. It wasn't pure luck I manged to get some hits, but even with educated guesses, it's going to be hit or miss for a bit until we find what works for here in Sacramento. "

"I swear to you your Ladyship this isn't some ploy to try to spy on Kindred, or to get access to spy random like on them. More to have extra eyes to things that with the small court we have, we would be so hard pressed to find quickly. That was the problem in my last domain. We just didn't have enough Kindred to cover the ground, and it nearly cost us everything. I am the first to admit the limitations of camera systems but really any additional layers of help we could get to protect the domain, I think its worth the investment."

"Please do, I only want to meet with the Prince on this idea if you and your clan are on board. I cannot imagine doing this project all alone. I need help." She nodded emphatically. "I have done some nightly excursions finding some networks. There is a grouping of shops downtown that are good canditates! I will work on that while you talk to your clan and make a decision." She nodded and began putting away all the things.

"Um...so about the more personal matter..." She added hesitantly and cleared her throat slightly. "So...um there was an incident I had with a new Kindred in town. We accidentally ran into each other while I was out shopping for presents for Dirt Nap and JC Smith and some things for settling in to the Chapter House. Funny thing about it, um, it was a real shock because we not only knew each other, but we knew each other before we were chosen by the Kindred."

"After the shock wore off, I invited him for a drink in a private location where we could speak openly and safely together. We talked for awhile, but in the end he gave me this very um.....personal gaze, um clearly showing desire for more, but like in a more emotinal way than I had really expected. He left because of ....me. Gage Lioncourt. He left Sacramento b-because of me. Our history was.... to much I think. Um. I may sound ridiculous asking this, but do you think I owe Priscus Jack and explanation? I mean.....what if someone found out about it, and brought it to him later and tried to make out like I ran Gage off to deprive the Ventrue clan of members or something? I...I...just...don't really know what to do with this."

9. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Pointing out that Quinn does not have access to the facial recognition software of this scope, which would be used by law enforcement. She can discuss the programs, but cannot show feeds/ information.
    Storyteller pointing out that this program Quinn is referencing is for law enforcement. Quinn does not have access to it, or can make it. I want to be clear on that as it's been referenced.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

" I suggest that you can meet with the Prince to go over what you need to. I don't have my family meeting until much later."
    Jennifer listened to the personal issue and considered it in silence for a few minutes in silence.

" I do not think that this is a problem that you need to take responsibility for. Mr. Lioncourt made his own choices.
    He made an apology and just walked away from her Grace, the Prince, and I. Which I found very odd.
    I would not make an overture to Priscus Jack. It was Mr. Lioncourt's responsibility to investigate a potential domain for conflict. He could have sent a letter on ahead to start a relationship."
    Not a relationship in emotional Sense, yet one where inquiries could have been made

12. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Yup. We are on the same page.

14. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded and her face relaxed into pleasant neutral lines. "Excellent. That is exactly what I needed to hear. Nostalgia is one of the few emotions that poses issues for me. Here it seems to be coming up a bit more frequent than I anticipated. " She paused and shrugged a little, her expression thoughtful for a moment, before it dissapeared behind the beautiful mask.

"I appreciate your candor, and willingness to guide me in this awkward situation. If I can asist you in matters of advice or insight that requires a power greater than mundane means, let me know." She nodded to Jennifer.

"Until we see each other again. Stay vigiliant." With the developments of late, she figured that was the most important at the moment.

Thank you for the awesome scene!

16. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread