Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Eyes flick between the two of them, "People do not murder the People. There's not an exception in there. There's no grey. It doesn't say it's okay if they're an idiotic religious zealots. Alpha, you said end him, he was ended. He was not getting back up, to just rip his throat out in front of his pack would have been a tactical escalation in a situation where we were nearly surrounded and out numbered. How many of them would have fell into an uncontrollable rage at the sight of their pup's murder? How would you have responded seeing Emily's throat torn out in front of you? I realize that my cleaving to the oath is imperfect, but I'm trying my best, it's the only guide Mother has given us. And yes, while it's inconvenient and complicated; Mother's wisdom might have just saved a number of lives.

You're right, our confrontation, it felt like all the eyes of Sacramento were upon us. But the Burned ended their stand-off, Emily was quickly getting surrounded, and killing him would have been a risk. Better to use him as a weapon against his people. You're Alpha, and I'll follow you to the gates of hell.
    " His eyes flick to the pups among them and his voice cuts off, biting back words. He leans forward, and turns, so that only Hector can see his scar. I'm Rahu, Suthar Anzuth.

PU: 4

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny nods as Bleeds speaks, "There are many who discuss murder as opposed to killing, but the fact that our cousins hate us doesn't mean that Luna doesn't love them too. The fact that she loves us more just shows her good taste. We can't murder them. Jumping a guy and ending him would be murder. That we were in a fight shortly afterwards provides mitigation, but does not obviate the fact."

"My question for you Bleeds is a different one. When you saw the opportunity, you seized it. Now, I admit I was not watching you closely, but I was also not lost in deep thought. Did you check around for the Herd before you changed?" Tiny can't help as his heart speeds up thinking about the terror he felt, the moment of horror before he saw how deserted the area was.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector had started watching everyone again: his eyes bouncing one way, and then the next, almost as if he had drank too much caffeine. They slow and his face takes on a sombre cast once again as Bleeds Well speaks. Hector pauses, inclines his head and grunts - voicing both thanks and respect to the Rahu for his explanation. And the unexpected offer of loyalty.

"Good words," he said at last.

Turning to Tiny

"I've got one for you. You are a lawgiver and a someone who thinks about this stuff a lot, obviously... So... At what point does fighting our sworn enemies become Murder? They will kill us if they can; we all know this. Why should we hamstring ourselves because our Oath tells us not to murder our own? At what point in the heat of battle does the Oath end?"

Hector, the Glory hound, needed to know this.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Strong words from her tribe brother, they seemed reasonable as well but always hard to know without the full picture.

Holding back her chuckle as the alpha spoke, she were not in this life for glory or rewards of any kind but nevertheless she were a soldier and would be far to likely to get involved in situations where it would be hard to say where the line would be.

Eyes going back to Tiny, trying to read the body language of them all and sensing their values, words, pride and selves.
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Tiny's question visibly surprises him, he attempts to at least mute the incredulous look that flashes across his face as he glances to Hector. Looking back to Tiny, his face is neutral once more.

"Yes, I was confident that there was no herd present. Only ourselves and the pup were out when I followed my instincts. There's a Suthar Anzuth proverb that fit the situation, "whomever gets the most violent the fastest wins". With the area barren of life and traffic, the least risk to the pack was subdue and snatch the pup before bystanders or his pack mates showed up... and we saw how that played out. We can what-if the situation into the ground now, but I've proven to the pack time and again my ability to observe and assess the situation."

Bleeds-Well voice is rather calm and neutral until he nears the end, rage bubbles within the Ralumin and his words become strained as he keeps the emotion in check. The Low Honer the High, the High Respect the Low.

"
    Your question is fair and speaks highly of your character."

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny nods at Hector's question, and if anything he seems actually delighted with the question. His words tumble over themselves in his excitement to answer "That is an excellent question boss. The short answer is it depends. That fighting depends on intent, that when we strike first we risk the sin of murder, but by holding back we risk the sin of dying for Luna. And Luna isn't exactly clear, but she certainly loves her children, and doesn't want them to die. So in short, if you surprise an enemy and slay them, then that's murder. If you fight a recognized enemy on a field of battle, and you slay them, then you have not tainted the oath.
    But I reject your axiom, that the oath leaves at some point in the field of battle. The oath is sworn. There are no 'exceptions.' And as Bleeds has shown us, holding to the oath can help us in battle, not be a hinderance. But for a longer answer, we will need to discuss this in detail at another time." And it looks like the next oath discussion has a topic. He'll have to bring out the big guns, "I'll bring the keg. Galina, can you bring the vodka?"

Tiny recognizes the emotions in Bleeds, but does not comment on them. As bleed's rage builds, Tiny doesn't back down, he stands straight, whether to weather a verbal or physical onslaught. At the comment, he blinks in surprise, then nods his head in acknowledgement. "I am glad to hear it. I was not, and so you can see my concern. Modern roads, even poorly traveled ones, can host a number of surveilance devices. And especially in the poorer neighborhoods, all number of transients may be hidden away. I was raised in an area with all number of watchers and cameras, and I keep tightly to those lessons in The Herd Must Not Know." He keeps his tone respectful, though not deferential. He is omega. Respect is given, yes, but sycophancy isn't acceptable.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector was watching. He lifted a hand and scratched, absently, at his hairy neck.

"I guess we are winding up then?"

He sniffed.

"Probably for the best. For the moment. Lot of tension in the air. Who wants a run on four legs to burn it off before we go our separate ways?"

Three days past the month. How about we wrap here and fade out with the pack going on a run / patrol?
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

11. Likes liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Listening in, keeping herself calm and prepared. Listening to the voice of her tribe brother, sensing his emotions and preparing for the eventuality of having to step in. Not thinking it would be needed but her work were to be prepared and Tiny's questions could get a bit deeper than most seemed used to.

Nodding towards Tiny and answering with a soft voice.
    "Will do, two bottles a person should be enough or is that to little?"

Eyes watching towards the alpha.
    "Sounds good, I am far to used to rely on this form at all times so a chance to run together would do me good."

Stretching out her body and preparing to shift along with the rest of them.

Thanks for the scene, hope her inactive style weren't an annoyance here. Tried to write out the reason in my posts for it and I hope no one have any problems with that style.
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

13. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well grunts in response, "We'll have to work on your situational awareness. The territory is still new to you. Soon the city will be an extension of you body."

Bones snap and pop as he stretches, and then joints grind as the stretch ends with him furry and all fours. <Hunt>

Great scene looking forward to the next one.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny nods, "2 is enough for this. Though get me a bottle or two of good sake" He contemplates a third, but then things could devolve quite quickly.
    He nods to Bleeds as well, "I look forward to learning."
    And he looks towards Hector, shifting into urhan <<After you >> And trails after the pack, following closely.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last