Watch

Mysterium Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"If I may move on from the Grubs, I would like to say that my review paper on Alchemy as seen by the Sleepers and by mages and how the perception has evolved through the years is finished." Corn said with a smile. Sure, the Grubs and Campanella 's description of past events have taken much of the thunder from this announcement but it could not be helped. "I would like to arrange for a presentation of my article in a future date - a 20 minutes powerpoint presentation - and I wonder if there is any kind of procedure for that in place. Also, I don't know whether other orders could be invited or if this should remain between mystagogues only.
    If anything, this presentation would let you all know what's in the article to know whether it would be usable to you in future studies. I will hand out copies of the article before hand, so that we may have a discussion or for you to bring me any questions you may have at the end of the presentation. Of course, you don't have to read the article if you don't want to,
    " he said very careful to not look at Crystal "The synopsis would be in the presentation after all. But it is only 40 or so pages so I don't think it would be hard to read unless you want to look for the original sources I refer in the article."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella spread his hands.

"We have no procedure in place. A presentation has never been made to my knowledge. I shall leave it up to you if you wish to offer your findings to the community in general or keep it for us alone. If you make your research available outside the Mysterium, I shall simply organise some space in the Circle proper; otherwise we can convene here. Naturally, as you indicated earlier, we can keep a copy in manuscript form in the Athenaeum."

Dont think a presentation would work too well in a social scene (unless its the backdrop for character interaction) but the presentation could make a Glimpse.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal was really thankful for his poker face when Corn started going on about his paper again. He threw the Mastigos a lifeline though: he didn't have to read it. He deliberated if applauding this would be inappropriate - yeah, probably. Still, he'd have to buy the Moros a drink for that someday.

"Are there plans for the next Order meeting? Maybe it'd be a good opportunity to share it there - along with anything else we might have gathered?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She listens, really she does. Glad they were moving on from the grubs. But back to the whole paper thing?

Whoa, wait a second? 20-minute power point?! Can she sit through that? Now him mentioning presenting it to the community as a whole? That would be something to see.

A look from Campanella to Crystal, but she said nothing. Calling a meeting wasn’t her place, and she wasn’t feeling her idea of having them all over to her place for a bbq anymore.

So she looks between the three, letting them hash that out. Sometimes when you didn’t trust what you would say, being quiet was best.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"I would prefer to give the presentation to the Mystagogues only and if the dadouchos thinks it proper, then and only then share it with the larger community... or perhaps trade it for a similar paper with other Consilia. We are not alone in the world. While I get we don't have the best of the best relations with SF Mages, their mystagogues may be interested to give us a copy of a book or similar work about a different subject in exchange for this."

He doesn't have anything else to say at the time, so he waits to see if anything else would be brought up.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nods.

"Very well. We shall keep the presentation in house. I'm sure magus Corn can tweak it for a more general audience at another time. I've never thought about reaching out to other Consilia, but that is something we can explore. In the future."

He shifted in his seat.

"I have no immediate plans for another meeting. We shall have to have one, now; when Corn has prepared his work."

He looked around the group.

"I... Don't have anything more to add or offer at this point. Unless anyone wishes to raise another topic, I believe that will be all for now."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

The other two players gave me the go-ahead to post

Corn looked at the others and cleared his throat.
    "We covered the searching for things to add to the Athenaum and we covered the part of writing for the Athenaum. But there's one more thing: Crafting things for the Athenaum.
    This is something that I would prefer, to talk only with Mystagogues about and if I was to give a presentation to the mage community, I would have left it out. When working on my paper, I found references on some interesting applications of alchemy or you could call it metallurgy, chemistry and magic. Namely,
    perfected metals. As far as I know they're hard to make. It goes beyond removing impurities from iron to make Siderite for example.

For my next project, I was thinking that I could perhaps look into finding a way to make perfected metals although it is probably beyond my personal skills but it is worth a try, I think. However, before I start on this task I would like to know if there's anyone here that has managed to make perfected metals.
    "
    His eyes turned to Campanella , the master of Matter that Corn has heard he was also dubbing in Prime magic... so he could make Thaumium. And Thaumium required perfected metals. No reason to reinvent the Wheel if Campanella owns a car.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella made a slight face.

"With a little time and effort, such things are within my grasp, yes. I haven't attempted such a work. Yet. If that is what you are asking."

Under his brows, the Moros' eyes glittered.

Posting now due to time constraints and to move things along

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jesus, Corn was really going all out on this first meeting. Crystal shot Aurora a glance and let the Chief handle this. One thing was certain: the newbie Moros was filled to the brim with ambition and curiosity. That's something worth remembering.

When the topic was more or less over, Crystal spoke up again. "I have one last question - I have formally introduced myself at the.. official Consilium Meeting, I guess? Is there anything else I'd have to do to no get any sideway glances or be on a watchlist or something?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Perfected metals? Shrugging, “Can’t say I’ve heard anyone talk of anything like that.” Nope. Unless it was something you discussed only in private, then, well, still, nope.

At the glance from Crystal, she shrugs again. She had nothing.

“That would fall to your Path Councilor. If one is not available, I’ve seen Order heads take on the responsibility.”

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread