Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A closed bookstore (Study Buddies)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dec 9, 2020 : Study Buddies
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging, “In my defense, I never played most of them. We were on the road and therefore didn’t get to many chances to play video games. Born in the 90’s? Wow…you’re a baby then!” she teases playfully.

Laughing, “I think we all have cringe worthy dating stories.”

“Oh many times. And nothing too exiting, usually being drunk in public, indecent exposure and resisting arrest.” Shrugging, “Nothing too wild or crazy.” Least it wasn’t to her. But those were younger years, years when she was on a different Path, both in life and in the community.

“Plus, where it was in college, it was a different time. I think everyone goes through a thing in college where they’re just trying to find themselves.” Even some adults. “I think if we put our heads together, we can come up with some new and creative ways to tease.”

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Well, her relationship with Martha was shorter than with me. And for a year after that, she couldn't get a proper date with either gender. I have no idea what she does nowdays. It's been years since I last saw her." he said before he sipped a little more beer and bit on a pretzel.

"So... should we go for a second round? Allow me to start this time although it will be less groundbreaking I am afraid." He took a moment to think of three statements as he nibbled a bit more cheese.

"I have cheated on someone too in the past, my paper is really going fine and I had accidentally caused damage to my house as a kid playing the little chemist."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Many times, huh? I always thought I had a wild time in college, but you seem to take the cake on that." Or maybe he just had been privileged enough to get out of trouble easily enough.

Addressing the Moros again. "Huh, you don't sound very pissed about it. If it were me I'd wish a biblical plague upon her and her stupid new girlfriend. You seem almost zen about it."

The suggestion to go for another round was met by half a shrug and another refill. Back at his place, Crystal pointed at Corn. "That one's easy - you've told us before that your paper is not doing great. So I guess you'll have to tell us about the two truths."

"As for me: I have a photographic memory, I was terribly scared of dogs as a kid, and I worked as a callboy to get through college."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A second round? There was a nod, “Sure! Maybe I can stump you guys this time.” Maybe. She was rusty at this game.

Taking a drink, she studies Corn, “Hmmm, I’m going to say you’ve cheated on someone in the past is a lie.” Why that one? She wasn’t sure.

“Lets see,” pausing, “I almost died as a teenager by swallowing a sword incorrectly. I’ve never been in a serious relationship. I graduated high school.” There. Probably easy, but again, rusty. “I think I’m better at this game drunk.” Or so it seemed.

“Really? I didn’t think it was that bad. You’d be amazed at what I did get away with though.” She teases with a laugh.

Snorting, “Biblical plague huh?” be surprised how easy that shit could be now. “Remind me not to piss you off, damn.” Maybe she was more laid back and would have just left it.

“I’m going to go with being scared of dogs as a kid.” Who was scared of dogs?!

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

When Crystal mentioned that he had already revealed his paper wasn't going very well, Corn frowned. To Aurora's remark he replied.
    "I am certainly worse at this game drunk. Touché Chris. Well, remember Christine? I ... eh... let's say I wasn't waiting for her locked in the house all the time. It was my birthday, she had exams the following day while I was done with exams. A few friends got me to a strip club - my first time there actually. We got drunk. There were ... services provided.
    I think that would explain to you why I wasn't devastated about Christine dumbing me for Martha. Also, Martha was a good sport, she was an ace in mathematics actually. Not her fault that Christine jumped boat for her. There was some awkwardness for a time, but eventually - months after she had dumbed Christine - we started talking again in the cafeteria and we even hung out once or twice. Although I think that was orchestrated by friends so they would prolong the "He turned a girl gay" jokes.
    About my house, it is not that interesting story. I was 10 years old and I set fire to it while trying to brew something with alcohol and gasoline. I threw water on the gasoline and obviously all it did was to raise the flaming gasoline higher. Flames fell to the wooden tile floor. We had to replace a good part of the floor. Really not my best moment.
    " Not the worse either.

When Crystal mentioned the statements, Corn said "I believe the lie is the eidetic memory. Although in hindsight that sounds like a weird thing to lie about. Still, that's what I would go with."

Then Aurora said her statements.
    I would argue there's no correct way to swallow a sword. There are ways that kill you and ways that don't. Swords are not meant to be swallowed. he thought.
    "It is a bit tough one, Madison. I would go with dying because you swallowed a sword incorrectly is the lie. I expect that if a serious mistake is made, one that could really place one in danger, he or she would be asked to stop pursuing that career. "

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Gee, you're really showing us all the depths of your depravity, huh?" Mostly teasing the Moros, but in Crystal's head the image of his fellow Mystagogue became more dimensional and well-rounded the more he got to know him. Yeah, he was pretty surprised about that too. "I think you have your heart in the right spot though." With this honorary compliment, he toasted at Corn and finished the cup. He'd have to slow down for a bit, so he loaded up on pretzels again.

Now about that Shaman. He knew she could swallow swords - they've talked about their gag reflex earlier today. Could she have had a choking-emergency when she started out? Possible. The other two statements were kind of similar in implication if you'd assume her never finishing high school - both suggested a wilder life that would fit her being arrested a lot. Plus, she mentioned a lot how she had little experience in academic fields. He considered other combinations, but this one seemed to be the most logical one - or she just played them like some suckers. "I'll go out on a limb and say you've never finished high school?" You could tell by the way his voice was getting higher by the end of the sentence that he wasn't trusting his detective skills all that much.

"But I'm deeply hurt about your idea of me guys." He was putting the indignation on pretty thickly - he couldn't really blame them falling for the easy baits. "I never worked during my time in college and I don't really get off of the power dynamics of paying for sex. And you" pointing at Aurora "should have seen my neighbours' dog! It was huge, salivating and aggressive." At least it seemed that way when he was little. "I mean, I've gotten over it for the most part but damn, if you don't raise them properly a dog can just fuck you up."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman had to laugh. At both stories.

“So we’ll have to remember to keep you away from strip clubs and anything that is flammable.” She jokes.

“Well, that one is the truth. It was my second time swallowing multiple swords and I nicked my esophagus. Was a huge thing, bloody mess, but never stopped my career.” Though that had been her Awakening, the first one.

“And you’re right,” nodding to Crystal, “I never finished high school. Though later in life I did get my GED.” It was like her trying to accomplish something for herself.

At his indignation, she shrugs, “It is what it is.” Sipping the beer, not really concerned. If he was hurt about it, so be it.

“It’s,” a pause, “a dog. Fear of them is something I’ve never understood.”

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"Oh..." Corn said taken aback at Crystal's words. Eidetic memory!? Man that's useful. "I ... didn't catch what you meant with callboy. Didn't put 2+2 together. Apologies for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean to insinuate you were a zigolo or a ... callboy as you call it. " Then came Aurora's dismissal of Crystal's fear of dogs.
    Helps you can turn them to carrots...
    Corn thought. So she was never in a serious relationship? And didn't finish highschool because of travelling and performing while nearly losing her life to it. That's a lot of differences.

"We really come from different backgrounds, don't we?" Corn said and sipped a little more beer.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal waved at Corn. "Eh, don't worry. As Madison so poetically put it: 'it is what it is.'" Although he was really proud of his detective work. Fuck yeah, he was a superstar Mystagogue!

"I think with all our differences we do have in common that we've made our own path somehow. Be it lesbian exes or swallowed swords - we've overcome and bested everything that has been thrown at us. And for better or worse: we're here now, kind of stuck with each other. I for one am grateful for this nice evening!" And with that he toasted with his empty cup.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She agreed with a nod, “Certainly seems that way. But I like it, means we all bring difference experiences and skills to the table. Which makes me anxious to see how we can all work together.” Would they be able to use those differences or not?

A small bow of her head, “Thank you.” Teasing, not really meaning it.

“So any more fascinating facts or stories?”

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread