Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking on as people clapped their hands, it was not what she had expected. Bowing a bit before them, fully forgetting that perhaps she should have curtsied.
    "Thank you, thank you, this tiny little girl who turned down the Olympics for gymnastics is available for for private tutoring for children under 18 to learn gymnastics."

Smiling towards them all as she fixes her hair, a bit of promotion shouldn't hurt and she wasn't lying either.
    "Ohh but I am no acrobat dear Jacob, merely just a gymnast. Wonder why people always confuse the two arts." True they fit into one another but still. "Yeah why is that? Why do people get intimidated when women have great skills? I worked hard all my life and trained since I could crawl to learn to do all the things I do but still I need to hold back to not scare men from dating me?"

Rolling her eyes.
    "Fine, I had hoped to get to some shooting games though."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

With a friendly look and a smile Corn replied to her comments about being intimidating.
    "With the gymnastics and your pretty looks, you would scare women too. There's nothing wrong with you being awesome at what you do Skye. But when you get out of a chair in a way that less than 1 per 50000 people can, it may be interpreted as rubbing your superiority on our faces. Personally, I don't think you do that, but that's because I know you. Not that I am not intimidated by how much better you are in all physical things than me, mind you - I am intimidated and positively cowed. I wouldn't want to be a bear facing you. But I know you don't rub it on our faces and from things like what you said about the basketball, I start to think that you're simply not aware how talented you are and how much above the average person. "
    which is not very good for a mage. "Perhaps you were being modest, but it didn't seem that way. You seemed to actually think your awesome basketball game was meh. If you do think it was 'meh' check the high scores. I am pretty sure you are not far from the top 10.

Now... don't hold back because we're cowards. And I mean people in general because as I mentioned, you're probably intimidating for women too. You are good and you tried hard to be good. No shame in that. Just... keep in mind how good you are. Those trials really paid off.
    I don't mind getting my butt kicked by you in sports, btw. I have fun.
    " Now, if she beat him at a contest about the spiritual practices of the Post-Atlantis ancient Iberia, it would be a different matter completely.

Then, she mentioned shooting games. Well, that was hard to resist.
    "let's wait a bit for people to get back to their thing. Then let's do three shooting matches. But instead of you trampling me to the ground... I will try to even the field. I will get some... coffee to boost my skill." Corn let his nimbus show for mages (which hopefully was just Skye) to get her to understand what he means. "I doubt even that boost from coffee would bring me to your level, Skye. In fact, I doubt it would do much of a difference... " he said thoughtful. It was not even sure he would manage to pull the spell if he tried to get some potency.
    He thought about asking skye to boost him, she was a Thyrsus after all and it wouldn't cost her mana and she was probably better than him. But asking another person for a boost in a crowed place would probably be taken as if he was asking her for ecstasy or some other drug. Well, mana was meant to be spent. He had a hallow after all.

"So, what do you say? I will have that coffee to get my head straight and be more focused at shooting, so that I have a chance against your un-boosted self. Then we have a shooting match in 5-6 minutes." If Skye had any idea about guns - which she probably did as an arrow even if she avoided them - he would still lose. "Or, I could go without that caffeine boost but I won't be much of a challenge."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging a bit towards the long speech.
    "Yes I thought it was a decent play which is kinda mehh. I do admit that I go far that's just me, my intention is not to act superior or to be scary. I just like moving my body freely and do as I please with it, it's more fun to do thing in ways people wouldn't expect." Pointing towards the masses around them. "You see everyone here if you gave them a cellphone and a remote so will they be able to handle them by pure instinct, they know how it's been a part of their life since before they could crawl." Slowly shaking her head a bit. "Me not so much, I can do it but I still need to struggle and my texts are really slow. Nature were mine, I grew up in it, were fostered by it and it's a part of me." Fixing her hair. "When others spent their four years in college I were out in the wilds and survived in tune with nature, give me a knife and canteen and drop me in a woods then come back six months later and not only will I be alive, I will be thriving."

Sighing a bit.
    "I know that I am odd, believe me I've known that all my life but that's just me. How to connect with people is not one of my greatest skills, those I grew up with sure but they are no more. That is part of why I love children, they never judge they just like to have fun or play."

Laughing a bit at his words.
    "You seem to have misunderstood, I meant a co-op you know the games where you shoot aliens or zombies and what not with a gun and try to get as far as possible before you die and guns are really not my thing." To loud and modern no she were an archer. Looking around to see if anyone reacted to his display, she were an arrow first and foremost after all and needed to keep things calm before anything else.

"You do as you please, personally I do not like coffee, drugs or other things to interfere when I do things. Extra energy is good when lives are at stake not for fun, still my suggestion of playing co-op stands. My goal here is to have fun not to win anything, except maybe tickets."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Coffee? When we fight in co-op? Pffft." he said dismissively. "With you instead of against you, I don't need coffee and for me, coffee is ... expensive. In a way. Too much effort. I will be your caffeine-free zombie-bashing side-kick. Oh... there's one where it allows you to go close and personal to zombies, using clubs and swords and chainsaws. It has a glove-thing to allow you to use them. It has guns probably but you have to find them and limited ammo and such.
    In fact, I will be checking around a bit to see where we could find good weapons for you to use on the zombies and the traps and all. I am a good sidekick. I have worked with...
    " no. Not sharing that yet. Don't go back there.
    He was not proud of what he did when he fought along with Arrows but secrets need to be protected.

"Come on" he said, leaving the previous sentence unfinished and those memories untouched. His smile and playfulness returned.

That smile disappeared when he found out there were only alien games, fantasy games and evil robot games. No zombie games. He made a second pass and even asked an attendant if there were any zombie games. He went back to Skye with a slight disappointment.
    "It will have to be aliens, dragons, orcs or robots. No zombies." Reported the Moros.

The game was brutal. He was practically useless. He realized very quickly that looking for clues while tentacles, fangs etc come at you is not easy. By the 2nd game he was muttering under his breath. By the 3rd game curses were escaping his mouth. Not when he got gutted. Not when he got decapitated. Those were expected. But to miss THAT TRAP? For a 2nd time?!? How hard was it to find the button? Who designs these things?

1 success

"Give me another chance!" He told Skye, with annoyance creeping in his voice. It didn't matter to him how well or bad she did in cutting down baddies. It was his performance he was disappointed with. "I assure you, I am no dead weight. Let's pick another game. I think this one has secret corridors on top of the hellspawn."

2 successes

This time, it was better. The nasty demons still came and with them death aplenty. But he fare much better in locating those corridors and extra loot. The way out. He didn't embarrass himself.

The rolls are to assist Skye with her rolls

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I do not like caffeine overall, part of why I stay clear of energy drinks as well." Smiling a bit knowing full well that he didn't actually mean coffee whilst she actually did.

Eyes growing large.
    "Ohh hand me a knife." Shaking her head a little. "Fair warning, people tend to like hearing B if you say A. Still as long as it wasn't a left pawed ten feet bear so am I fine with it." Or well any left handed group and he would be an enemy but that was a different story.

"Who cares they are all videogame monsters made for a bit of laugh so just throw them at me."

Selecting her character and getting a knife weapon, incredible what technology had advanced from 8-bit pixelated crumble things with semi slow plastic guns.
    3,1,2successes

Playing the first game rather well but getting a bit bored the second time around why not go for a new game whilst the third time the enjoyment in just slashing things came back. Shouting and screaming at the monsters to die, calling them zombies, demons, aliens and a plethora of other things. Slashing her way through them one by one just enjoying the massacre she leaves behind her.

Taking a breath of air as the third game finishes.
    "Sure but another game in that case, don't wanna grow to stiff. Pick one out whilst I go get some water." Heading of to get a glass of water before coming back to see the next game. "There all ready to go lets kill these whatchamacallit thingies."
    3,4,1 successes

Getting well into it from the start full of killing frenzy only to get even better in the second game but by the third not really trying so much anymore. They had already killed these monsters over and over again no fun in repetition.
    "There we go, baddies dead and the galaxy, universe or whatever we fought for is now safe....For now which means until the next player puts in a coin and they all respawn to take vengeance upon us again."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"For someone that didn't pay much attention to the story, you certainly sound enthusiastic about what we did. We're here for more than an hour. In 20-30 minutes, I will need to head home. Do you want to go grab some tea at the bar they have here before we head out?"

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Taking a deep breath to calm down.
    "Monster baddies needed to be sent to the netherworld or wherever they now go when they die, it was a good way to get a bit distracted. Might have to look into getting a gaming console of my own one of these days, could be a nice way to chill down when it's raining outside."

"Sure I might just go for a soda but something to drink could be nice. I still wanna see what your cousin would reply to my message though."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"I am not going to send such a message Skye so there will be no answer. To be honest I would prefer to keep my ... study-group life and my life outside of the study-group separate. Perhaps in the future once I get a better idea of what happens around here. Don't worry, once babies arrive you will be my first choice, but that's to the future."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Rolling her eyes a bit.
    "Well to be fair so do I not really have a difficulty with that.

Ordering herself a coke.
    "In truth so accept a couple of students all under ten years of age so do I have no one in my life outside of school, I lost them all. I know a heavy thing to bring up and to be fair so am I a suspicious person." Looking towards his left hand for a second then his eyes and nodding.
    "That is my strength and weakness, I am alone but that also means that I have no emotional attachment towards anyone in this world. That makes me perfect for my job as a detective." Hoping that he understood that she meant Arrow.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

the fuck? That was dark...
    Corn is looking at her in silence for a moment. Hard to make small talk after that. She's been dropping hints that something bad happened to that clan/cult of hers while she was growing up but to lose them all? That's hard pill to swallow.
    "Did you... did you get closure?"
    I better find her some kids to train...

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread