Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC takes measure of his surroundings as quickly and surreptitiously as he can. While sparsely featured what there was definitely spoke of security and efficiency. He took a breath in through his nose for any unusual scents and paused to listen for sounds beyond their steps.

He returned her evaluating look with one of his own.

"You don't consider Hound to be a political position?" he asked with a slight raise of his eyebrow. "At the very least bodyguard would mean having to go to meetings." It was perhaps a bit off topic from his reason for being here but he was curious and still didn't quite trust her motives for being here. Though her forwardness (and slight bruskness) assuaged those feelings slightly.

"I was looking into the death of the one patrons," he answered honestly, unconsciously mirroring her tone. "You?"
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Jennifer Hazelton

Efficiency is the name of the game here, no wasted space. With more time to look around, he can see a mirror placed in the upper corner of one wall to get an eye on the blind spot. There's an umbrella stand, an umbrella and a baseball bat handle peeking out. There's a small wooden shelf, sporting two baseball hats on hooks and a handle peeking out from under a broken in baseball catcher's mitt.

A tidy counter with storage is the biggest furniture in the corner of the room.
    "Eh, you're quick. Guess so." The scarred Mekhet agreed.

"Did a stint as deputy. Over in Phoenix... My Sire was the Hound for the big wig. Not the Prince, but the Primogen. I didn't want that, so I peeked in here. Looks like a good, stable place for a minute. I skipped over north for a week or two to keep from poaching while I decided. I came back, walked in when the police were at that bar...

She evaluates JC.
    The muscular woman sucks her teeth, looking over JC, studying his body language.

The Latina took on a thoughtful expression.

"You were looking into it. Have you heard anything good?"

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“The police were there tonight?” JC asked. He hadn’t seen any but it was a lucky chance he hadn’t gone in if that was the case.

“Only just started looking into it so, haven’t heard anything substantive.” Just the news report really. Frankly, right she was his only real lead. “You didn’t happen to hear anything when the police were there, did you?”

Jennifer Hazelton

"The police were there the night that the guy died. Harper." Simone clarified.

She seems to consider JC's questions.

" Things were still early when I walked in. I was trying to get a statement from the bartender, but the police had him closeted off. I talked to that waitress, Cami, but you know how it goes with the horses mouth. Cami remembers that the dead dude was drinking Old fashions. She saw him go over to the bar. I tried to get if anyone followed him, she gave me a guy with dark hair and beard. There was a guy coming out as Harper went in, the smaller Black guy. Police were talking to him. Cami was really into the Deputy Garcia, though." A shake of the head.

I spoke to Deputy Garcia. Made a good police contact, cool shit. You say you haven't been into this long? You know if any one has morgue contacts?"

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC shook his head. He didn't even know where the morgue was. "Given the laws of the Domain I tend to avoid contact with police in general." Not to mention the instincts he'd gained while homeless made that a good rule even without the Prince's law. "However, I'd probably start with higher Court officials." Since they were more likely to not be as strictly under the law as others and been in the city long enough to develop them.

He turned over what she'd said. It certainly didn't sound good for him. Dark and bearded matched his description. A fact Simone probably had taken note of given how sharp she seemed.

Jennifer Hazelton

"You sure do fit the description." She states. Flat. Honest. She lets that sit for a long minute

Simone cracked a smile and tried to break the tension.
    "I told you I made that cop my bitch. In the non fun way. I got a peek at the file. Dude died, but they didn't have anything fun for sending anyone to the chair. Does California us the chair?" She considers for a minute. "Anyway, the coroner is pissed and wants to say that the body had to be dumped. But you know, people saw the guy walk in there on his own power. "

She shrugged.
    "We got some weird shit here. But I can't see it being your fault. You left no marks, just like Daddy or Mommy taught you." She made an assumption, but she seems confident in it.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Yes, I do,” JC replied “And you were there the night of the death on the south side of Sacramento despite coming from the north.” Not as flat but just as honest.

His returned smile didn’t so much as dawn very slowly “I appreciate your honesty. I was there too, I fed on a man in the bathroom but,” and he held up a finger “He wasn’t dead when I left.” At least not that he remembered and there was always the chance the man, Harper, (had to remember to keep them human) went downhill afterwards. Or he could be standing in front of the murderer right now. Or…

“Did you kill him?” he asked, not bluntly exactly but with a frank understanding. A drunken man unconscious in a bathroom would make an easy meal and easily killed if already fed upon. Mistakes happened after all, it was… inevitable. He hated that thought and pushed it aside for now to watch. Simone’s reaction.

failure

Jennifer Hazelton

"If I did kill him, talking to you would be the stupid thing. I ought to find whatever passes for law around here and point out you match the description. I saw your likeness in the parking lot." Simone points out. She points this out using her hands, spreading them out in front of her.

"I didn't kill him." She emphasizes. "It doesn't change the fact that this isn't a good thing for Kindred, though. A body with no open wounds, no blood on site, but dead from blood loss."

1 success

JC studies her, but she seems to be honest with him...

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Unless you were doing a set up," he brought up when she said talking to him would be stupid.

JC could feel the beast whisper, stoking his rage. How dare she make such threats. He could kill her. Drain her blood and leave her to the fate of all Kine.

Except she wasn’t Kine. Something that part of him didn’t realize right now and likely wouldn’t care at this point. However, he knew. Older. Possibly more powerful. And… right. Her words squashing his suspicion, if not his bloodlust.

He gave a slow deliberate nod “I can give you some numbers if you’d like. Prince’s, Seneschal’s, or any others that I have. Though I’ll understand if you’d prefer to do it yourself.” There was the barest hint of a smile. As suspect he didn’t expect her to trust him at this point.

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone stares at him for a beat. The beat stretches into a minute as she considers the words. Yet when she speaks again, she doesn't mention the allegation of a set up.

"I could use the numbers. I plan on getting to Court ASAP, but... the number for the Reeve would be awesome, or Deputy."
    She eyes JC for a minute.
    "I could really use the number for the Seneschal. "
    "But heres my number, too, if you need it..."

She has little business cards, the sort you can get printed online for $10. It says 'Simone Perez' and a cell phone number and an email address 'ShadowSim'. She places the card on the counter for him to pick up, no need to get very close to one another.

"Its been crappy luck for you. So what do you plan?"
    She notes with the same bluntness.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread