Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Filling up a water pitcher and getting them each a nice crystal glas.
    "Sorry I do not entertain much, in all honesty so is this my first time living alone." Unless you counted the streets or boarding schools as living alone.

Nodding a bit.
    "Yes in Japan you raise the glas and shout out kanpai! However Russia is a bit more hmm I like to say warm in their views." Lowering her mask as she raises her vodka glas. "Instead of a general word so do we prefer a more personal cheer that either fits the person we are toasting with or the event and if neither is good so something in more common way. Like throwing out a cheer for good health, instead of just a simple word so do we want meaning to it." True some just used what the stereotyping had thought them but her father would never allow her to be that ignorant. Downing the shot and putting her mask back up.

Quickly answering his every move, still just playing to prolong the game and see how he plays rather than actually wanting to win. In fact the longer it lasted the longer she wouldn't have to be alone.

Taking a moment before she answers.
    "No that is not truly correct. You see siblings are not equals, honorably bound together by the Kami as family yes but not as equals." Smiling a bit behind her mask. "Kudos on knowing about the kami's though that makes this a lot easier."

"That is partially correct yes, I am well aware that the ritual's meaning is heavily reduced as you all do not adhere to the same ways and tradition." Looking towards the picture of the Japanese man on the mantle. "It is however a way for me to keep the ways of the man who showed me what a true father can be alive and keep the memory strong, see it as my way to honor the traditions he taught me."

Taking a moment to think on his last question.
    "In all honesty so am I not sure, perhaps nothing at all. What I am rather after is for you to feel the effects in time, for me it is the forming of a bond and I want to make you see and feel that bond and slowly build up a trust and comradery between us until one day where you and the rest amongst us here can feel true faith and trust in me. So for you hopefully a first brick towards a friend, does that sound good?" Perhaps a bit to honest but you did not lie to family.
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

He nods at her explanation of living alone, and reminds himself of how young she is.

The explanation she gives for the Russian cheers makes sense, and yet he feels something is missing. More to explore there at some future point.

His moves becomes slower as he sees the loss looming ahead of him, his cautious moveset blossoms into a defensive fortification, securing the territory he has, and trying to not loose anything else.

"I appreciate the time you are taking to answer my questions. As an-" he stops himself, remembering that Alexa is always listening, "as a half, I always try to see both sides of any argument, and when there is no argument, to immer se myself in the interlocuter's mindset to better understand their request. " He pauses, thoughtful in how to phrase his next point.

"It seems to me quite unfair that you should take the full burden of the ritual on for yourself without expecting anything in return. I may not know the Kami, but I know spirits, and they are very clear on reciprocity and fairness. To participate without deriving anything from the ritual would be disingenuous as best. I understand you do not expect me to feel anything from the ritual, but I want to know what you want me to feel. What i would feel, without any instruction, would be confusion, a little bit of awkwardness, and perhaps some trepidation. With your explanation I can expect to feel some comraderie but little else at the moment. To you this is very important, and I want to give it the severity it deserves. So i'll ask again, in slightly different words. When we complete the ritual, what feelings do you desire for me to experience?"
    He finishes the water glass, and places another tile, blocking off another sector. Its clear he has lost. He folds his hands in front of his mouth, awaiting her answer.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Not one to interrupt thoughts giving him his time to think and plan as she carries on with the game. Watching his play, wondering how much her adoptive father would have been able to read from his moves.

"You are curious about my ways and is showing an interest in them, to me that reads that you actually take an interest and value in my beliefs at least enough to hear them out." Thinking for a short second why he says half they were alone but still safety were never bad to practice everywhere. "From my point of view that is very kind and I appreciate it, be it just your way or if you are actually taking an interest in me even if it is just as the newest arrival to the group so is warming."

Taking a moment before slowly taking of her mask and placing it on the table, feeling the need to not hide here.
    "Kami, spirits in truth except for the meaning but in the word are they truly different? They may very well be the same or at least similar enough for us to view them as such." Especially when not in Japan, focusing a bit to try and keep up with his words English were not her first tongue and some of the words were not her common ones.

Watching over the Go table for a minute before replying.
    "If you allow me to change your question a bit to rather answer what it means and what would be the ideal thing to feel from the ritual, that removes my own personal wishes and reflects the ritual for its more actual purposes if that is alright?" Perhaps they were close enough as they were but caution were good. "The ideal and perfect feeling would be the start of a familial bond. Note however how family does not mean the cute hallmark version here but rather the trust, closeness and honesty. This means that we both should be able to feel that we can share our concerns, our fears, our thoughts as well as our joy and happiness with one another. To have the feeling that we have someone there who will take us for who we are, to accept us for who we are and who might fight with us, to disagree with us and teach us the proper ways but whom always have the best intentions towards one another. To feel like no matter what happens so do we have someone there who will back us up and have our backs, to be family who cares for one another."

Opening up the board to allow him two moves either to play them both into a tie or to gamble on a low chance win with the risk of near complete annihilation.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"It is my way to be curious and ask, but I also have taken an interst in ensuring your welcome to the group."

He nods at her loss of distinction between the Kami and spirits. Tiny couldn't find a difference, but he wasn't a shinto priest. That would be fun, to stick an Ithaeur and a priest in the same room and hear them hash it out.

He looks closely at her move. Did she make that mistake intentionally? Where was the trap? He ponders each move, running through move and countermove 6 moves out, but can see no trap. He places the black tile with certainty on the middle space, seizing a large swath of territory, just enough to tie. "Thank you for your generosity." He says politley.

"I can accept that answer." She's lonely and she needs more friends "If you would pour the sake, I would be happy to participate. What is the name of the rite?"

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling towards him as she drinks some water.
    "That is very kind of you, know that I highly appreciate it and if there is anything I can do to repay your kindness do not hesitate to say so."

Watching him finish the game as she softly shakes her head.
    "What generosity? I tested you fair and square." Looking straight at him. "Go isn't merely a game against one opponent it tells of who we are, you were given the opening to either tie the game ensuring the biggest survival of your troops or to risk the majority of them for a slim chance at victory. You would have been given it true but only to see how you would have reacted." Softly stroking the tiles and looking towards the picture on the mantle. "My dear father thought me that, it is a way to see how someone's mind works without risking to hurt actual people."

Getting up to get the sake cups and pouring the sake, getting over to sit right by him as she raises her arm to interlock it with his. Looking into his eyes with a serious look.
    "Sakazuki, there is a similar one for weddings although it is different. Also remember my words that this is one variation so if others speak of it differently so is that just the version they have learned." Getting ready to drink. "The sake have a special bond and meaning with the kami and is highly regarded as a way to create bonds."

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

He nods at her thanks, and says no more on the subject.

"I admit I was too deep in the conversation and the game to see the test, well done. I did learn that you are far better at this game than I right now. This will be addressed."
    Tiny already was thinking of the bookstore to explore for some strategy books.

He is about to disagree, his inner questioner wanting to dig into that thought further, but he recognizes her admiration for what it is, and lets the matter lie.
    "A fair perspective. Lives have great value, and should be spent judiciously." He thinks back to the initiation he had, and how the survival was not always guaranteed.

He interlocks his left arm with hers, and he matches her gaze. "I have but one addition, a preamble, that I think would be appropriate, and tie this to us, both body and spirit."

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Games of strategy are often a way to see how people think, it can reflect us in so many ways and show who we are." Looking over the board. "And sometimes it's just a game. I would be happy to play you again sometime and play it as it is meant to be played."

Looking at him a bit confused.
    "Sorry English is not my first tongue so I assume that means something like lives matter do not risk them in vain?" At least she hoped that were what it meant. "In that case I agree, lives matter not only the lives of your friends but all lives have great value."

Giving him a curios look whilst ready to drink.
    "That sounds interesting lets hear it."

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Something to that effect yes. Its a little more direct though. It recognizes that effort can cause harm, and should be done with care."

He nods, then turns into the middle distance <<I call to those who hear us, who bow with respect before Luna's Children. Hears these words, bound in sacred water and bound in intertwined flesh. Hear that we bind ourselves, and know that by this binding we are made stronger.>> He nods at her, to procede.

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ahh, sorry as said English is not my first tongue or well in truth it was but I were so young that Russian quickly took over." Quenching a chuckle. "Still that sounds right and I am glad that we agree on it, every life have value."

Giving him a sincere look as he speaks the first tongue still if thats how he wanted it so was it fine by her.
    <<May all the kami who bear witness recognize how we are now and forever more family.>> Raising her cup to drink along with him, proceeding that Tiny drinks as well so will she finish her cup and grant him a warm smile.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny drinks the sake, and his eyes widen as the taste overtakes him. His mind whirls with the flavors blending with the feeling of warmth from their connected arms.
    "Damn that's good." The subtle flavors penetrate his tongue like a tactical assault, leaving him overwhelmed. The floral component is quite dominant, but there is a mustiness, and is that, smokiness? No, nuts. Like roasted almonds? Definetly going to pick up some more.

"Thank you for including me. I hope you find the security that you have earned by your effors here."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last