Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smile to Corn, “I’d be more than happy to provide you with some. It’s currently a winter ale and a chocolate stout. I try and change them up for the seasons.” She never minded sharing her beer with others. It was a craft she had been slowly perfecting, and new people meant new feedback. “But you have to promise to give me honest feedback.” It was her one rule.

Chuckling, “Well I haven’t converted my loft or workshop into a proper brewery, that’s a bit more money than I have access to. But I have equipment I’ve purchased online, different fermenters and carboys.” A proper brewery would be great though!

Blinking a few times, then pointing to herself, “Me?” smiling, perhaps a bit of ma blush, and shaking her head, “Oh no, definitely not. Might want to hold that compliment until you’ve seen me actually try and piece things together.” Because that was when shit got real.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Addressing Aurora about her beer, Corn shrugged with an apologetic smile. "I am not a connoisseur, just a happy consumer my dear lady. I promise you I will give you honest feedback, but my experience with beer is what you would expect from the average consumer. I have a couple of beers when socializing with friends or when watching a game and I did a bit more drinking in college - as I guess most students did - but I don't know what 'winter ale with chocolate stout' is supposed to taste like although I would happily learn given the chance. "

Addressing both mages, Corn said "If you're wrapping up here and want the company, I don't have any pressing business here and I am free to go."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, I'm always open to supporting local entrepreneurs, so I'd love to see what you whipped up." She smiled at Corn, but Crystal was absolutely sure that the invitation also included him.

Ah, then the Corn they knew and loved showed up again. While he talked Crystal stowed away his notepad and pen before Aurora changed her mind about finishing up for today.
    He gave the Shaman an enthusiastic thumbs up. "Don't worry. We got through this, we'll get through the rest of it as well. It'll get easier." Everybody knew being motivated was half the battle. "Alright, so we're off? Where do you want to go now?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, I’m not looking to win awards with it, just to know how I can improve it. A winter ale is simply a heavier beer with a higher alcohol content and various spices. A stout is a dark, heavy beer made with dark malts and has a noticeable chocolate flavor. Not everyone likes stouts, more of an acquired taste for some.” A very quick lesson.

Closing her notebook, she slips it back into her bag. The books were still listed on her phone, so she’d just get them on the way out. “I just need to grab some books on the way out.” She had a card here already, having checked out books before.

The smile was offered to Crystal as well, “The same applies to you, you have to be honest about the beer.” She liked to think she improved with each batch. But, one never knows.

“Will we?”
    she asks with a chuckle, not completely convinced.

“That’s up to you guys. Coffee has been mentioned and beer has been mentioned. I’d invite you guys to my loft, but it’s a mess. So I’m open to suggestions.”

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"While I would personally prefer to taste that beer, it sounds as my kind of beer actually - especially if it has that "smoky" aftertaste that some commercial Belgian Beers do - I would not want to inconvenience our brewer. I don't mind mess at all, but my sisters, female friends, my fiance etc don't invite people over if the apartment is in "substandard" condition. Their standards, not mine. Still, you have really picked my interest with that beer. So, I would go for either. What do you think Crystal?"
    Or Aurora could simply create a living creature with Crystal giving it a rudimentary mind a step above an automaton and set it clear the room. How hard can it be? Or wake up the spirit of a broom and tell it to clean. I wonder why some mages are reluctant to use their talents.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

As far as he was concerned, beer was beer. He'd definitely be up to try everything Aurora had to offer though. Pointing at Corn he nodded in agreement. "I'm game. Madison, if it's okay with you let's hit that brewery of yours!" Crystal got up with far more bravado than he had shown the last few minutes and looked at the Shaman expectantly. "I'll trade my honest opinion for your hospitality, how's that sound?"

Oh yeah, books. Went to show that their academic success wasn't as guaranteed as he wanted to make Aurora believe. "Eh, I have some of them laying around anyway and if something else comes up I'll just order them." There was Magic and then there was the next best thing: Amazon Prime.

"Do you want us to wait here or should we help you finding the books?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “My substandard condition consists of unfinished projects all over the place. Coffee tables with stain drying, chairs half upholstered, so there isn’t much room. If it was simply dishes not done or something like that, I wouldn’t care.” Seriously, she wouldn’t care. Having the cleanest home was never a top priority for her. A space was to be lived in.

“I can swing by my loft and pick some beer up, but it’s still a no go for having people over.”
    And that was that. “Tell you what though, give me a few days to move some shit around, and I’ll provide beer and take out.” Cause no way was she cooking.

A nod, “I plan to borrow them, and if they’re good, I’ll pick up my own copies. But I already don’t have room for the books I have.” So best to just borrow them for now.

Standing, she picks up her bag, “No need to wait, think I can handle finding the books. And if not? Well, keep some bail money ready.” looking around, "Where are we meeting?"

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"Well, if Crystal doesn't mind - I certainly don't - and Aurora is serious about getting the brew from her loft, we could pick up her beer and go to chill in the bookstore where I work. We have a room for people to gather and play board games after all or read in peace. The bookstore is closed at the time and we won't be disturbed. Since I have leverage with the owner I won't get in trouble from having friends over there." Well, better not tell them that the boss is my uncle.
    "Or we can go somewhere else and have beer & takeout at a later time. It is fine, really"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal almost groaned at the indecisiveness when you could take the first plan that worked and run with it. Almost.

Instead he gave the two Mystagogues two thumbs up. "Sounds great. Swing by you place" pointing at Aurora "to get some beer and meet where you" pointing at Corn "suggested. I can give you both a ride - if you've got your own car" again looking at Corn "I'll need an address. I'll be outside if you want to me to be your Uber for today." With that he left Aurora to her check-out and went towards the exit. He was no big nature lover, but the whole setting was kind of depressing.

Once they were alone (if Corn didn't leave in a hurry) Crystal addressed the Moros. "So, how's Sacramento for you so far?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Glancing at her phone to see where the books were located, “That works for me. Can you text me the address?” she asks, ready to give him her number.

“And if we want to do the takeout and beer night, we can see if Bart would be game and all just hangout.” Be a good way to do the whole get to know each other thing.

A shake of her head, “I have my own car, but thanks.” Pocketing her phone, “I’ll grab my books and meet you guys there with the beer.” and with that, she ventures into the stacks of books to get what she needed, keeping an eye out for the text with the address.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread