Watch

Corn's car

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn was driving around in the light rain of the afternoon, looking for the pre-arranged spot to pick up Skye . He was dressed in casual clothes and he had the car's air condition on to a pleasant, warm temperature. His suggestion would probably sound silly enough without adding the discomfort of a cold car. But he was convinced it was an idea worth discussing, and Skye seemed the kind of woman that wouldn't mind it some sillyness when it is effective. If he wanted to be a member of this consilium, and he did, he would have to be useful so he had to find ways to be useful.

Spotting the Arrow, Corn stopped the car and opened the door for her to enter.
    "Greetings! Thanks for meeting with me. I wouldn't mind simply driving around, but if you want me to drop you somewhere, I could do that too. If you would like something warm, I have a thermos flask in the back. I could pour you some hot coffee, hot cocoa, hot tea etc. Whatever you prefer." he said pointing back towards a thermos flask in the back seat, next to some neatly packed paper cups, and a tiny box that held a few one-use stirrers and sugar.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

(Sybil Sight)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

failure

Corn didn't manage to get his matter armor for this meeting but he was not worried. After all, if he was attacked he would have an Arrow with him. The Sybil sight he managed to get through though.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

(Improvised spell)Mana 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery +2 (pot 3 rit)
    Organic Resilience 2E (pot 3 ritual)
    Honing the form, dex+4 (pot4, ritual)
    Invisibility to machines pot 1
    Pulse of the living world pot 1

So the new guy had called for her wanting to discuss some security ideas and to meet in his car. Smirking a bit it was suspect to say the least but fine it was worth checking out but not without being careful. Simply dressed along with her new knife strapped on should it be needed, ohh the open carry laws of knives were so nice in this state what had she been thinking in going for a spear?

Still the car were coming, snapping her fingers as her will is worked into the lie likewise a quick flare over her eyes gave her the sight she desired her defenses properly up and staged in all their beauty.
    Spells

Smiling a calm smile towards him before opening the door to the backseat.
    "I prefer riding in the back if you don't mind." Jumping in and closing the door with her. "No need for anything to drink, this is work and should be considered as such you can drop me by the church that's where I live."

Sliding over to sit behind him, making it difficult for him to drag a gun at her should it be his plan. Not that she wanted to think that would happen but still the flux of new arrivals as of late were a bit unsettling.
    "So what did you want to discuss and have you secured the car to make sure it's not bugged in any way? Along with making sure you're not accidentally on call on your phone?"

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"Secure the car? Who would bug my car? To be fair, it has not occurred to me at all that my car could be bugged. Is there a reason to suspect anyone would have taken an interest to me? I am a pretty average person, Skye. Anyway, I have turned off my phone.

Regardless, what I wanted to discuss has more to do with what threats I should be aware of in Sacramento and what could I do to help you guys. This includes things you may want me to check, or use whatever talent I have to bolster you guys. I could make a little something that you could eat or drink and get that boost when you need it. If you're not too worried about bugs I could tell you more, but I would have to be more specific than this innuendo I am using now.
    "

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Buckling down her seatbelt a bit whilst looking around.
    "You're a new arrival, I know nothing of your life except that you're either married, engaged or using that as a pretense to avoid something. I do hope it's not but last I checked so was it my job to keep people safe as such I tend to get serious when there is business to do." Not a side she showed unless it were Arrow business though.

Smiling softly at him.
    "If you feel safe to speak then go ahead." She were guarded in case this were a trap of some kind. "There have been various threats in the past, there are potential hunters around or dangerous beings, mysterious artifacts whom affects you physically and potentially mentally. A spider problem and some other things that are being handled." No need to go into to many details. "Your order should have all the information on the things, I would recommend checking with them there. I am more of the girl who puts an arrow in our threats than one who does the research." Or other less nice things. "What kind of bolstering and what does it come with for guarantees, longevity, how easy to carry? We never know when we are needed or where one month can be calm then suddenly we are needed in three places at once."

He's engaged so I assume he wears a ring for it, if not so major mistake on my side.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"I am happily engaged to a very nice woman." Corn said with a smile as Skye brought Maria in his mind. His eyes momentarily went to the ring on his finger as he was holding the steering wheel.

"You say you are the girl that puts an arrow in our threats and not the one who does the research. Well, I am the boy that does the research so you know what kind of arrow is effective. That's what I meant. If you want me to research something, please let me know. " Spider problem? Perhaps a strange Spider thing? A Cryptid? Sometimes it is really better to not know.
    But his nature got the better of him. "Well, if you guys deal with the Spider problem and it leads to a Spider thing, a cryptid or something, and it is not too inconvenient, could you bring it to us to study? There's a master of life in the Mysterium. I am sure that person will love to study whatever remains you manage to gather. And perhaps that person, or I, could study the affected spiders unless that's already taken care of. "

"As of what I can do... I am a disciple of Matter. Warned in advance, I could create a pill or a bubblegum if you prefer something more inconspicuous, that gives you matter armor as if I was there to cast it for you. Once you eat the pill, or chew the bubblegum, you would be protected as if wearing a good vest. I am sure you have your own magical defenses, but this frees you up to use more of your own magic and you won't have to worry whether your spell will take hold or fail at a crucial moment.
    Other things I could do would be, with prior warning, improve the accuracy of your guns for a couple of days. Perhaps I could get up to a month although this will need a ritual thus it would have to take into account my life among sleepers so I won't be always available for that.

Look, I am not sure what resources the adamantine arrows have, so perhaps you do have a disciple of matter there to do everything I can do. But in case you don't, or in case your disciple of matter is tapped out, I am willing to help. "

Driving around a corner, Corn continued.
    "Last but not least, I am willing, in times of need, to share some tass with Adamantine Arrows, but there has to be a real need for it, for something serious involving the consilium or a personal emergency or something. The tass I am talking about is in the form of edible mushrooms. They taste quite bad but they will help replenish your reserves and they will give you a kick like 3 cups of coffee while doing so. "

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Is she awakened or a sleeper?" Best to know.

"We will inform your order in case it comes to it and there is time, the local heads of our respective orders are on quite good terms with one another." Luckily enough, it was often far to hard to get people to work together. "I am well aware of Aurora's skills but the spiders are abyssal beings so to take them in is not always a guarantee nevertheless so do they seem to have withdrawn for the time being. If a opportunity presents itself so will I see what I can do, no guarantees though abyssal things are not something we want around dead or alive." Death wasn't necessarily the end for those things.

"Whilst that could serve a purpose so what guarantees do we have that these things remain at the ready? What are their duration and longevity times? We do tend to keep our own defenses from our preferred arcana active at all times, whilst being freed up a bit does have it's advantages so is it also risky to rely on outside defenses as well especially if it's weaker, have no guarantees or is just not as potent. An easily dispelled effect would just be a potential danger for us." A bit harsh perhaps but this were not things to play around with. "If it's limited to guns so is that also a frailty I am afraid, I prefer the bow over a gun and knives are often a good weapon for us to use. If you can enhance the knives so would that be a boon however to warn you in advance might prove hard, we act when we need to act. We are always at the ready cause we don't know when we need to act. Yes at times we can have time to plan and act with a proper plan but such is not always the case so it will be hard to say when we have the chance to tell in advance and not."

"I do admit that Matter is not our forte at the moment." Hard to cover all bases with just two members.

"That could be of interest unless the mushrooms are poisonous or the drug variant once again though we don't always know when we might need it, knowing in advance when danger is upon us is a luxury whilst we can hope that we have it so can we never be sure. An attack or situation can arise with a moments notice."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"Is she awakened or a sleeper?"
    "Sleeper, not sleepwalker, not aware that the supernatural exists, we make fun of astrology charts in the newspaper and people believing mediums or believing in ghosts. Which is a bit... problematic cause I can see ghosts as a moros.
    She is not aware of my Shadow name but most of my friends have heard that I was called 'Corn' as a nickname in College. But, to be honest, I would prefer if I was not approached when I am with sleepers unless it is an emergency. It's not just that they will use my real name, it's also that I want to keep away this life from my sleeper life.
    I want to be able to have a normal life, shooting the shit with friends, being bitched at by a loving wife, trying the best to raise my kids - I want kids in the future - while complaining about my normal job and all. Since I was awakened though, the pull of magic keeps me from being cut off from our society. I always wanted to know things, study things. I cannot simply close the lid to this part of my life. Magic is not just powerful, it's also wonderful. Trying to cut away from magic is as difficult as trying to live without internet and electricity. And magic gives me the tools to know things.

I just want to keep Corn apart from my other identity.
    "

Bow? Did I hear well? Who uses bows nowdays? Where do you even find a bow? And knives? Never bring a sword in a gunfight, in my opinion but I will leave that to the experts.
    "Well, I can enchant bows and knives. I just assumed most arrows would use guns. I could improve every kind of weapon or tool. Even simple ones like hammers can be improved. I can repair objects that have been broken too.
    For a couple of hours, I could even make your knife or arrows armor-piercing, including mage armor. Don't expect it to cut through armor like butter, but it could help bypass it, or slowly cut through a steel chain etc.
    "

"As for the pills, their longevity would be a few hours to a day I am afraid.
    Look, I know I am not offering you a big help here or a solution to everything you may want and I am fully aware that when you need that armor you need it now and not in a few hours. As I said, I am willing to help and this is the help I can offer at this time. Even if you don't expect to find my skill useful, you know where I stand and what I can do.

Never the less, I believe it is better to have a pill that gives you armor, Skye, than come to me or another mage to simply put an armor spell on you, as the pill would interfere with your own magic less than armor unless used. As for dispelling, I could make the effect the pills produce more difficult to dispel. But you're a mage yourself and you know that the more effort you put on potency, the less you can put on duration.
    The same applies to how many objects I can affect simultaneously, of course. If you have me enchant 4 arrows to be armor-piercing, it would be harder to make the effect last for a day."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging a bit.
    "Well we all deserve someone, if you have found love that's great I hope to do the same one day. It also makes it less likely you actually want to start trouble." Giving him a kinder look. "Not that I suspected you but with the sudden influx of people so do I have to be careful. If you want to be left alone so do I not mind ignoring you unless I have proper cause not to." Calming down a little for a second. "Still you should know that if you have kids so am I great with children of all ages and wouldn't even charge to babysit." She just loved kids to much. "Feel free to call me out if you see me out or ignore me and Skye is the name I picked as it works well as a name, even better than my real name to be honest. So where do you work or rather with what where is of less importance?"

"The first talon is more for guns, I grew up mastering the bow and arrow. Harder to use and not as easy to hide but it's far more quiet and in my hands my targets dies, have hunted bears with my bow before." Nodding a bit. "That could come in handy but with such low time marks so will we need you then and there most of the time when things happens we need to be ready. Sorry to repeat it but our lives do not have time guarantees."

Shaking her head a bit.
    "No your skills might not be the most useful right now, but you're still on the right track. Hone those crafts a bit and they can come in grand use later down the line. The repair thing can certainly come in handy and in a cinch we might need to call you in to clean up a place for us from none biological evidence so we might need to steal some sleep or have you run an errand for that at times." Those things could be a mess to deal with otherwise. "Do not think me not grateful, all the help we can get is good and I am not being harsh to be mean just trying to show you the reality of things."

"I can see your point and I will pass it on to my order but beware that for just defenses so will we most likely prefer our own. They put us in attunement with boons we already know and have trained with. In addition so do we tend to keep them strong at all times. Still I can see some benefits to some of these things."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"You're good with children? I will certainly keep that in mind. Having a mage as a babysitter comes with a few downsides, namely you will learn my name, but on the other hand I can hardly worry for my future kids if an Arrow is around. But that's far to the future. We have not even set the date yet, let alone have kids. For the present, I occasionally work with academics. Some of them travel for conferences so they need someone to look after their kids. Would you want me to suggest you as a babysitter if anything comes up? No promises, it may never come up, but perhaps you would be interested in a bit of extra income if something is brought up.
    Your beauty might be a bit problematic for that kind of job, but I assume you know how to dissuade unwanted advances.

As for cleaning evidence, I can clean biological evidence too as a I am an apprentice of life. And with my -quite limited- knowledge of death I may be able to spot any biological residue left on you. Just remember that I will not always be available. I already have worked out a list of excuses to get away from the house if I need to, and my Fiancé is understanding if I tell her I will go hung out with friends and she also travels for her job often so I am often free.

Also, perhaps you understood me wrong. I don't mind people's company. I would have no issue hanging out with mages, I just know my friends better, that's all."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread