Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2012) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Puck and Campanella
Dec 26, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal made his way into the Circle with a casual attitude he deemed appropriate, given how the last meeting went. The white cotton button-up shirt (Olymp) and the anthracite pin-striped jacket(Armani) he was wearing gave him a businesslike air, the grey pants (also Armani) gave some contrast and texture, shook things up a bit. His hair was slicked back to further give the impression of seriousness - if there were any more newcomers this time he wanted to make an intimidating first impression.

He noticed many of the Mages he already saw last time around - Guru again with baked goods, Kaze with an attire that demanded some extra moments to fully appreciate, Skye as fun and bubbly as always, and his fellow Mystagogues: wordy, pretty and flashy.
    One new face so far, bright pink hair assaulting the Mastigos' eyes, making him wonder if she was Skye's bizzaro-twin.

Smiling warmly, he joined the group. "Hey there. How is everyone?" Campanella, Corn and Aurora were given an extra nod, then giving Briar Rose some extra wattage of sunshine he added "I'm Crystal, nice to meet you."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn greeted everyone that has arrived. He acknowledged Skye's offer for a meeting and curtly replied. "I would contact you. I have found out that meetings in a car are usually the least controversial and easier to explain." as long as nobody tells Maria that I had a charming woman next seat to me in the car...
    His fiance was not jealous or insecure but if someone spotted him with Skye there would be the matter of how it was reported to her. Better tell Maria after he returned that he gave a lift to a student.

Turning to Guru and helping himself to a cupcake before the others gobbled them all up, he thanked him. "Are you working in a bakery by any chance? These sweets are helpful ice-breakers, thanks for your consideration."
    He was a bit more chatty with the Mystagogues he knew (Crystal, Campanela, Aurora).
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru returned Skye’s hug with a tight squeeze and a pat on the back before they pulled away, grabbing a cupcake for himself and seeing B-Ro’s outstretched hand grabbed another before answering Skye. “Every day is a celebration, special plans for the solstice? Was thinking about doing something here for us all actually if people would be into it. I don’t celebrate Christmas but there’s power in tradition.”

Guru returned Briar’s smirk with a smile, connecting the comment with the last time the Thyrsus all tried to gather together. Giving a nod to Campy as he walked over to the group, hands being full and all, before giving Briar Rose her cupcake before posting up with the lot of them. “Leaving, figured you were still here from last month.” Trying to return the joke with one of his own but comedian he was not.

Wave given to Aurora and Crystal now that he had a free hand before turning to Corn. “Bakery? Nah, but you could say I'm baked.” Apparently still trying to make jokes since he was on that train already. “Baking is just chemistry, times, temperatures, mixtures, and patience. Baking has far easier ingredients to get though.”

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

It's a bit too late when he arrives, and groups have already been formed. But casual Fridays are not his thing.
    He hastily makes his way to the center - where the action is taking place - a couple nods, a few glances and he's made himself avaiable.
    "Hey, anything interesting going on?", he asks Aurora and Campanella.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey," Kaze nods towards Crystal, Guru and Aurora as they arrive. "Hello, Sir." He adds respectfully to Campanella.

He doesn't interact directly with either Corn or Winter, not freezing them out or giving them a cold shoulder only showing respect for their chosen targets of interaction without interfering or interposing.

"Just a temp." Kaze says to Skye with a smile. "Feeling it out. So far, I like it."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"I am doing quite well, I thank you. I take it you have established yourself?"

Campanella responded to Skye sincerely.

Turning to Guru -

"Don't see why you can't. The Circle is the heart of our Consilium. What do you propose?"

Adding to Corn -

"Guru here is another who is interested in alchemy; though to be fair he is much more versed in its more modern incarnation."

He clocks Aurora arrival with a smile and a nod. Winter receives a more sober welcome; the Moros subtly moves to make space for the Guardian.

"Cupcakes... If that is to your liking. Otherwise the agenda is empty. Which is something I'm still getting used to."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Giving a calm smile towards Briar Rose.
    "That is nice to hear Briar Rose, if you're free for any of the festivities this month and want company feel free to contact me." Totally ignoring the dry response, that was not the way to get to her and she still hoped they would be able to get along sooner or later.

A quick glance towards Crystal as he entered, a suit was not what she had expected to see that just seemed boring. Giving him a quick nod to mark that she had noticed him.

Shrugging a bit.
    "If you say so Corn, I find sanctums or here far better." But sure she would play his game for now.

Smiling towards Guru.
    "Now that sounds nice, the holidays are not really things that matters much to me either." Not since having lost everyone.

A soft chuckle towards Kaze.
    "I think you could be sure and add that by now as a permanent one." His love seemed genuine so why not?

A calm albeit surprised smile towards Campanella, she had not expected those words.
    "Pretty much yes, a lot of new ones to remember lately as well." 14 mages, two Arrows yeah if things started to happen they would need quick plans and the influx lately were still of a worrying concern. Hopefully any threats would not be targeted in a manner that they would need to group with them. But still just keeping track of the small things would be a lot.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The click of boots on the floor is slower than some may remember as the First Talon of the Sacramento Arrows moves gently through the corridor of the Circle of Creation. Her leather coat is absent despite the cool air, replaced with a form-fitting black tracksuit trimmed in red and gold that does not conceal the knives on her hips or pistol under hew arm.

She slides in the door and around to the side of the room. She watches the new faces solemnly with eyes dark with lack of sleep. Aurora, Kaze and Skye are favoured with small, tired smiles, the latter as she heads towards her to catch her attention. "Skye. I'm back," she says simply. "I am sorry I had to disappear so abruptly, but I was called away on business for the Order. I trust you have been able to oversee the Circle in my absence?" the Obrimos asks quietly.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

15. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guess who was officially late? Denial is easy the first time, but the second time starts establishing a pattern. And this little Enchanter was guilty as charged.

"Hey folks." Smiles and nods to all as he strides into the building in jeans and a black hoodie. The unfamiliar First Talon gets a special chin up. "I'm Puck. Enchanter. Libertine. Foodie."

Eyes flick to Kaze as he picks up a cupcake and takes a bite.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

She offers something of a wave to Aurora. More a movement of acknowledgement, then anything as high energy as a wave.

Looking Crystal up and down. sounds like a girl's name check your biases asshat. And his swanky gear. Fuck. Whatever he's wearing probably costs more then her bike. "Imma tell you what I told him." jamming a thumb Corn's direction, Ya gonna have to dial that down at least fifty percent." A beat, two, three. More probably. Long and awkward, "Briar Rose. Two Words. One Name." carefully enunciated. To try and get it to stick in these fuckers minds.

With a sigh she plants her ass in a seat, and scoops up some of the frosting a finger. Sweet sure. But she was craving a nice bloody steak.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread