Apologetic Exposure Therapy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit anxiously finished closing up Rosie's Roses at the end of the day. Anxious, because he hoped he wouldn't get in trouble to invite people over after closing. He had earned the trust of the owner - and he wasn't going to throw that away lightly - but he needed all the support and positive energy he could get.

The bigger reason for his nervousness was that he contacted Yamiyo to come over. He needed to apologize and more importantly: he needed to learn how to deal with her presence, lest he wanted to break down at every gathering of the Freehold.

He got two glasses and a bottle of water from the back of the shop and placed it on the counter. Maybe she won't even show up, maybe she's fed up with me already. He doubted that, but he still looked at the clock again, then went to the front of the small shop and looked out of the window. Yes, meeting here was definitely the right call. The colors and greens around him kind of gave him the home advantage, a reminder that things could and would get better.

The Ogre looked out the window again.

Yamiyo Lillich
    LadySin

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Lockpicks: +3
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

Having been surprised to hear from the Ogre so soon, not thinking that she would see him before the winter coronation at the earliest and even then she had planned to keep her distance from him still feeling guilty for their last meeting.

Still she wasn't one to hesitate when anyone of the freehold needed her, every new member she met had been greeted with a smile and told that she was there if they needed someone to talk to or if they needed anything that she could help with and those were words she would keep.

Arriving as quickly as she could, still walking wasn't the fastest way to get anywhere but it was most definitely the best for her figure and it did give some time to calm down.

Looking at the flower shop a bit surprised, this was not the scene she had expected for them to meet but it were one quite fitting for her. Taking a calming breath and knocking on the front door, hoping that her attire wouldn't be bad for the night that was if he would even see what she wore. The hardest part with dressing for anything when you never knew if the clothes would even look the same for those who saw them on her.
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit actually jumped when he heard the knock. Well, there's no backing out now. He readied himself and opened the door. He knew he had been in the wrong so he had to get through this.

At first he looked at the ground, but after a heartbeat he forced himself to look up to Yamiyo and was rewarded with a fresh sting of sorrow. He held the look though and even managed a smile. "Hello Yamiyo, thank you for coming. Please, come in." Stepping aside he made way for her to enter.

It's not too similar after all.
    Looking more closely, he could see that there were definitely things reminding him of his wife, but those were glimpses, things you noticed from the corner of your view but which didn't really hold closer inspection. Maybe his fragile state was to blame at the Autumn Equinox, and maybe this shock carried over to the Summer greeting - having worked it over in his mind though he almost wondered how he could have reacted so strongly. This could actually work.

He closed and locked the door after her and went back to the counter. He knew it was his turn to speak, but it wasn't easy to apologize after acting the way he did, so he waited for her to speak first.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Silently and lightly entering as she were invited, stepping very lightly then again her body were both small and light.
    "Thank you, I hope all is well with you?" A slight hesitation echoing in her voice, looking around a bit not really knowing how to act here. True her personality might not have been what made him upset but still it could be.

Standing perfectly still, barely even showing any signs of breathing as he locked the door and moved over to the counter knowing full well that she could escape at any time should she so desire few people could hold her against her will.

Taking a minute before slowly walking up to the counter and placing a small gift bag on it.
    Bag

Speaking in a very soft manner not wanting to force anything before he were ready.
    "I wasn't sure what you preferred I hope one of is to your liking?" The scent of vanilla, roses and cinnamon twirling around her along with rose petals dancing around her ankles and hair, small roses appearing and blossoming behind her where she had stepped, each one blooming to release the scents which were all around her. Her mantle had most certainly grown since the welcome meeting or the atmosphere were just right for it.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

There were lots of ways to answer her question. For now Gerrit settled with a neutral one. "I'm fine, I hope you are too." His voice was still hesitant, soft and he was too busy with himself to notice any discomfort his guest might feel.

Opening the bag he paused and then actually chuckled. Oh my, it's like she's trying to hit all the spots. But it at least helped to break the tension for him. He carefully put down the bag again and took a deep breath. The sweet smells of her Mantle made him a bit lightheaded - there even was a hint of blueberry. "I appreciate the gift, I really do. I don't drink alcohol at all, so I'm afraid it is wasted on me. But the reason I asked you here is-" and here came the hard part "I'm sorry for how I treated you earlier. I was being a jerk and actually I should have brought you a gift." Yeah, he should have.

Slightly embarrassed he looked at the glasses on the counter and remembered why he put them there. "Oh, do you want something to drink? I'm afraid I only have water though." He took the plunge and apologized and he knew he had to explain himself better, but changing the topic at least gave him a moment to breathe.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I am well, just busy with trying to wrestle Santa for those Christmas letters and gifts." Lightly chuckling a little, hoping to ease the tension.

Slapping her own forehead with both her palms before quickly taking the bag.
    "Sorry I didn't know, it's often a standard easy gift to bring to most, sorry I shall keep that in mind for the future." Damn one mistake after another, great going.

Looking towards him with kind eyes.
    "It's alright, no need to apologize it was all on me. I pushed you when I shouldn't have, I don't know what were the trigger if it were something I did, my personality, demeanor or" biting her lower lip for a second "my appearance. Sadly my control there is quite low." Not really daring to say more than that in a unsafe place.

Looking towards the water.
    "That would be nice thank you." Taking a couple of deep breaths to try and calm herself down a little, damn social ties were far to hard things were so much easier when life were about seduction and charming her way into getting what she wanted and then leave.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

It seemed like they both just had to get all the faux-pas and the awkwardness out and then they'll be fine - that or there was no escaping the awkwardness and they were doomed to not get along without putting their foot into their mouth. "Don't worry about it. I don't go around and tell everyone, so you couldn't have known. You are quite the gifter, aren't you?" It was meant as a playful jab, an insecure smile adding warmth to his voice.

Gerrit filled the two glasses up while working on how to phrase his answer. It wasn't something he liked to talk about, but he felt like Yamiyo deserved an answer. "You- it's not like you did anything wrong you just reminded me of my wife. Ex-wife. Well, technically she would be my wife if I was still there." He looked down on his hands, savouring the aroma filling the room that ever so faintly reminded him of her. "She was also so caring and full of life, so I guess that rounded up the picture." Once you looked deeper, they were different enough though. Yamiyo was not as self-assured, for instance.

"I should have told you earlier, but I wasn't sure if I could take it." Carefully he looked back at the Fairest. "It's going better than expected."

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Fixing her hair back behind her ear with an awkward smile.
    "Always bring a gift when someone invites you for a private visit and everyone likes likes a gift in their sock at Christmas." Softly giggling a little. "Or perhaps in their shoes." Not sure if the Ogre would know of that thing though but her teacher had recently taught her about it and it were kinda funny.

Looking down a bit and feeling a bit ashamed.
    "I am sorry, if there is anything I can do to make it easier for you just say so even if that means to keep my distance as long as there is no threat." Biting down on her lip whilst whispering just loud enough that he would be able to hear but no camera would. "I have no control over my appearance, I don't even know what anyone see when they look at me nor do I even know what I truly look like myself as my own perception of myself is warped to appease me as well."

Shaking her head.
    "No it's something hard for you, we all have our emotional scars and traumas they are not always easy to deal with. To rush them is not something good for us."

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Shoes? Where do they do it like that, are the shoes hanging from the chimney too?" He realized that he knew pretty much nothing about Yamiyo. "Is this a thing where you're from?"

It almost broke Gerrit's heart to see her beat herself up for this. And as he thought, it was more of a curse than a blessing. "Hey, don't. Having this talk is a big step in the right direction. As you've said yourself: it's not your fault. I don't think that I want the distance any longer - this is why I asked you to come here." He wanted to comfort her, to take her hand or put his arm around her shoulders, but there were lots of things speaking against that. He would feel like a hypocrite, going off on her for getting to close and doing the same unasked. He didn't know her too well, so he didn't know if she was fine with it. And most of all, although he was getting used to her appearance, it still wouldn't feel right.

He opted for comforting words. "That must suck. But think of it this way - maybe the way you see yourself is your true self. Maybe everyone should see the best version of themselves in them." He hoped that didn't sound too much like a platitude. "And you're probably right. I needed time. I think I still need time to get over it, but it doesn't have to do with you anymore."

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Giggling a bit.
    "The current version we have of Santa is not the only one through the ages." Far from it really. "It still lives on a bit in St Nicholas day celebrations but not as it used to." Shaking her head a bit. "I'm born and raised in this country, not this state but then again I grew up in various states."

Smiling kindly towards him.
    "So is there anything I can do to make it easier for you?" Knowing full well that she repeated the question. "If there is anything do not hesitate to ask, we all need to feel comfortable and the better we all can get along and work together the stronger and safer we will be." Taking a sip of water. "Just take the time you need, do not feel the need to force yourself to do anything. What's most important is that you feel well and safe."

Shrugging a bit.
    "It does have it's perks, like a double edged sword. You gain some boons and some frailties can't have one without the other." Sadly enough, still it did help when she wanted company for the night. "There is no need to try and comfort me though, it's sweet but I have accepted it since long ago." Or well at least accepted it. "That sounds like a good start, do you wanna talk about it? Is there something you would like to get out and unburden your chest with? I will gladly listen and never mention anything you say as soon as I step out that door."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread