Watch

(2012)Eternal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2012) Maeve and Dirt Nap
Dec 22, 2020 - Jan 3, 2021
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The older vampire glances at Quinn, looks with the care of a First estate member cataloguing accessories, cut and color. A polite, if shallow nod is given to her. Mr. Kowlasic gave a nod to Jack at his greeting, befitting Jack's standing being equal to his own. "Good evening to you."

As the Prince addressed him, his attention was centered on her.
    “Thank you, your Grace. There have been two interesting happenings that have reached my ears, Your Grace. For that reason, I have cause to visit this beautiful Elysium.” He half turns, careful not to present his back to the Prince or the Seneschal.
    “I rather like the chess table. A wonderful addition that I look forward to enjoying. Yet.” A regretful tone as he gives a pregnant pause as he turns his entire body to the Prince. He makes a small gesture with a hand and his childe bobs a curtsy to the Prince and withdraws. She takes a seat somewhere, unobtrusive. Perhaps someone could get some more information from her?

“- duties before amusement. I share the less pressing rumor that has reached my ears first. I share this one openly, for all should take care in the coming nights regarding feeding. A source has whispered to me that four dead bodies are in the morgue, four autopsies are completed or underway. All of these Kine were visited by Kindred of the Domain immediately before their passing.”

He keeps his eyes on Alessandra, politely. Yet his tone is one of an older vampire giving advice to listeners, clearly meant for those trying to hear why he’s resurfaced. The words he chose were chosen for a reason, and the way he delivered the message. He wanted this to be heard, and what messages were in these words? Or perhaps a warning. There are reasons vampires stay near the well, yet troubles could quickly brew. If Kindred drop too many bodies, the herd might stir their hands to pitchforks. Some among the herd knew how to hurt the beasts that stalked them and stole their blood.

2. Likes , Ruach, pisces liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Kindred draw close to speak their greetings, not pulling away to form clusters of twos and threes as they would other nights, not when Mister Kowlasic so clearly has something to say.

And what a something it was.

"That...is...unfortunate." Alice speaks, unstarting the threat. Were she sighted she might have casted them about the room to see which kindred, one of noted quality or not, those petty masses, would react to the unsubtle - to those of a intellect - words.

The Court officials would need to meet. A Reeve to deputize, and Deputies to foist upon whomever that turned out to be. Their quiet summer was more then certainly at an end.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes , Ruach, pisces liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer makes a note of Dirt Nap's reaction, quietly hiding a smile. Something to be aware of for the future.

Jennifer remains where she is, dark eyes tracking Miss Kowalsic's movement. She glances around the room to check if anyone else is watching the younger Nosferatu. Her smile vanishes as this older one delivers his news with what seems to Jennifer at a key moment. He chose this moment to have all eyes on him.

The Priscus focuses her attention to Jack and then Mr. Kowalsic. As the news is delivered, a look of concern touched her features. The seneschal speaks wisely and Jennifer gave a nod.

"Different kindred?" She thinks to mention, before shooting Alessandra a quick glance. Perhaps she would be overstepping.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Flattery to soften the blow? It’s what it sounded like to her.

“A recent addition, one I hope would spark not only games, but intriguing conversation as well.” Give them something to focus on. “It is always here and available to a Kindred of your standing.” See, she could flatter as well.

Dark eyes narrow, “Oh?” if she was breathing, her blood would have been boiling. Who had been sloppy? “This is quite troubling to hear.” A pause, “And quite unacceptable.” The last word spoken with weight. The Savage was not happy. Was one of her Domain going rogue? Or was there someone who stayed here, but was never found? Either way, it would stop. “Has your source been able to acquire any other bits of information we can have to go off? I assure you that whoever is doing this will be hunted down, and will face the consequences.” Her tone cold. There would be hell to pay. And if she got to them first, it would be slow and painful. “If it’s something you wish to discuss in a more private setting, I can make my office available.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

8. Likes , Ruach, , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled and chuckled a bit at Dirt Nap's comment, but didn't respond further. There was no need. They both knew what the other meant. Didn't they? Yes. Quinn had the briefest look of the a cat that just wiped out the entire bird population of northern California a moment as Dirt Nap went out of his way to talk to Maeve. That worked out as perdicted. I love being a step ahead.

Quinn listened intently to Mr. Kowalsic casting a glance around the court briefly. She listened to Her Grace, and frankly agreed with her. Who ever was doing this, and Quinn had fodder for some educated guesses by this point, was not their friend. They were trying to hurt their community. It was a clever hit. Something really only thier community would put together. The cops would never see the pattern. Which was fortunate.

Quinn could not speak to Her Grace without permission, but she could speak to Mr. Kowalsic. There just is nothing for it. Pull the trigger, as they say.

"Mr. Kowalsic, I have the crime scene photo's from one of the victims, as well as a detailed report of everything I saw, heard, and experienced first hand thus far. I was hoping to broach the topic this evening, but as luck would have it, you beat me to the punch. I hope this proves helpful."

Let's hope she doesn't want to kill the messenger. No good deed ever goes unpunished. Ever. It had always been Quinn's biggest issue. The right thing always fucked you in the end somehow. Never a break.

Quinn held out a red folder for him to take. It contained the photo's as promised. Her report included the name of the victim, the superhuman quickness of the perpetrator via shadow, how the humans acted at the scene. It detailed her being followed. Sight, sound, scent, detailed. As well as a map included with where the victim was found and the route she was tracked through. How she evaded, and her strategy in the moment. What happened at her Haven, and her response to it.

10. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap shows a slight, and rare sign of amusement at Maeve's response, chuckling softly when he replies. "Well, now Ma'am, I don't rightly see as how a body can listen too much. I 'spose it all comes down to who all knows you're listening, and what you heard."

He is silent for a long moment after that, perhaps listening himself. Then, abruptly he acknowledges Maeve's question. "I've had some changes, some challenges since I last saw you, sure enough. You and I both have in common, your Clan and my Covenant have a different leader then the last time we were at one of these things." Dirt Nap suggests.

"I'd have to guess that your Clan got the better of that deal, as it seems to me your Clan's new leader might be a tich smarter than than my Covenant's."

Then Quinn Durant makes her statement. And an interesting one it is. That red folder rightly ought to go to an officer of the Court to investigate, but Mister Kowalsic has taken the initiative, and now seems to be in charge of it, or is trying to seem like that anyway. Quinn Durant offering it to him...shows she's making her own bid to show initiative, public like. Seems like staying in the shadows isn't her style.

12. Likes , pisces liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Listening to the conversation between the Prince and Mr. Kowalsic brings out something in Maeve. Her sense of want of justice begins tingling. A kindred or kindreds going around, being messy and killing. This would be a breech. It could get everyone found out and put in danger. She hasn't had the chance to get in on something yet, maybe this is her chance, and yet she is going to continue to listen. The time isn't right just yet.

Her gaze turns back to Dirt Nap, "Some challenges you say? Well, that is too bad. I hope that your challenges find a solution or that you are able to figure out how to accept the consequences of a failed challenge. I know I've certainly had my fair share of those."

She chuckles quietly, not wanting to draw too many eyes as she is still keeping the conversation with the Prince in her peripheral. "I suppose if you consider getting a priscus who is competent, than sure. I wouldn't call that getting a better deal so much as a well earned situation after dealing with the previous one.

"Now, Ms. Durant is quite intelligent, and I get the feeling as you are mentioning that that you want something from me that she isn't willing to give you."
    Maeve, always the blunt one. She may be a shadow, but she knows when to play the game.
    | BP 2

14. Likes , , pisces, Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Troubling

The Lord thought to himself as he took in Kowalsic's warnings. The Prince's echo reaffirming the displeasure. To his surprise though, Quinn seemed well informed and prepared with investigative details. That is certainly one way to make yourself stand out from the crowd. His lips drifted into a grin at seeing the initiative.

Having nothing of value to contribute himself, he simply listened.

Blood Hunt:

16. Likes , , pisces, Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"Indeed, Seneschal Hart, it is unfortunate."

The Nosferatu man glanced towards Jennifer and her question. He gave a meaningful look to Alessandra, stating.
    "I serve at the pleasure of the Prince."
    A catch all phrase that Invictus would recognize- he wouldn't answer questions in open Court without her Majesty's approval or direction.
    As the Prince addressed him, he gave a nod to affirm her question on " has your source any other information we can have to go off of."
    "Yes, Your Grace. I believe it's a supernatural creature that is interfering. When the first two autopsies came across my desk, I observed that there were no signs of feeding by Kindred. The citizens of your Domain respect your stability that you provide, your Grace. "

As he finished this statement, he slowly and with great care, pinched two fingers out above his suit pocket for Cain, the Prince herself, and others to see that he was carefully pulling a sheet of folded paper, and no threat. He extended the folded sheet of paper to her Grace, the Prince. The writing on the folded paper for those straining to see was in elegant cursive script in black ink, reading only " report on investigation 1'.

"These are my observations of the crime scene at a grave yard, where the first interference took place. I believe that the criminal sneaks in after that Kindred had moved on, having already hidden any signs of feeding. Then the criminal feeds, killing it's victim, and causing potential Breach. Yes, I would like to speak to you privately, perhaps in your office. I have a separate matter regarding some history that I was made aware of. I do wish to speak to you on that matter privately."

At Quinn's words, the Nosferatu turned and listened attentively. He accepted her red folder with care and held it firmly in his grasp, not opening it where the assembled kindred might catch a glimpse of what was inside.
    " Excellent work, Priscus Durant. I look forward to reading your account. Perhaps we can discuss this further."
    He looks to the prince with this last part. It was her prerogative who was admitted to the office.
    Last edited by Seryna; Dec 22nd, 2020 at 03:34 AM.  Reason for Edit: Formatting error

18. Likes Ruach, pisces, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Discussing it further. Privately.

Alice had to wonder what Mister Kowlasic had to gain from bringing it up publicly at all. Was it only to gain a cursory knowledge of how the information was received? To warm the culprit (were they here tonight) that they were on to them? To underscore his own knowledge and importance? Was this moment prearranged between him and Durant?

Alice's eyeless gaze was a blessing in situations like this, no one could read the questions racing through her mind from something she lacked.

All she knew for certain was that she needed to be included in this meeting.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

20. Likes , Ruach, pisces liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread