(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Yes and no. The way I run my personal business is not how I should run our company. The approaches need to be different to allow those in positions to fulfill them. And it’s been,” a pause, “an adjustment for me.” Asa had made it look effortless. “Like a boat club? In what way? Then again, I’m not sure what a boat club does.” A light laugh and shrug.

“Her name was Skye? An interesting name, can’t say I’ve heard that one before.”
    Maybe it was a fake name. Like Sophia was. Then a smirk, “But isn’t age just a number? Not really mattering in the long run?” a knowing look offered. “Young can be good, but I suppose it hinges on how the act. If it’s childish, then that’s a hard pass from me. I don’t have time for that.” She barely had time for dating as it was.

“It could, depending on what business you’re in. There are quite a few businesses that run from in the harbor, so just be mindful of that.” She only had a few that used some of the harbor, and she was not about to share.

“I’m in the real estate business, as well as a few other things. Sacramento is quite redditizia if you have the right connections.”
    And she did. Well, she was the connection.

Smirking, “Sounds like a ringing endorsement from both of you.” She says dryly. “I had one try to hit on me at a car show. Why some people feel the need to be so obvious and vulgar at the same time astonishes me.” Shaking her head. “But I figure it was the car she was after, thinking I had money.” Which she did. But that wasn’t the point.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods slowly as they speak to indicate that she is actively listening.

" Age is a number. Yet mentioning kids, or affinity with children as perhaps an indicator that they would be happy to have kids one day...". Jennifer shakes her head.
    " I do like this person. I would like to be friendly with them... Perhaps friends. I am sort of texting her friend Kaze a lot.

It's just that I was concerned about compatibility. I'm... The way I am. Devoted to the club, to the Family. A scholar who loves research and reads for fun. Vampire kisses novels are not my style. And there's nothing wrong with that. Perhaps I should just consider why I thought a date was a good idea at this point in the first place."

Jennifer realized that she might be sharing a bit too much. A bit too personal. She had only really done this with Dirt Nap or fellow Nosferatu. She checked the reactions of the others.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

Gage is expertly dressed in a tailored black on black suit, matching dark hair and a steely gaze. While not overtly powerful, his muscle tone shows an extremely low body fat percentage, a tight chest with a flat abdomen.

PRE

"I'm in the finance game. I maintain a pretty extensive portfolio; I'm also keen on purchasing companies at pennies on the dollar with... a unique skillset and education. Sometimes I might liquidate, or if they are particularly successful I may hold the title for a while and collect dividends."
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a grimace, “Kids?” a shake of her head, “No thanks, hard pass.” She had never been a kid person, even when she was alive. And was pretty sure a maternal instinct never existed in her, and that would be obvious to those around her. “Maybe that one day thing is in the future and they are down for just having fun. But that seems to be the problem these days, too much worrying about the future and not enough here and now.” She was a more here and now.

A shrug, “I’m not the one to give advice on that. The whole dating scene is not my thing, and, like you, I’m too into my work. Between my own business and the company, I don’t have the time.” Was there a hint of disappointment there? Maybe. “Maybe you thought it would be fun, get away from the research and just relax.” Nothing wrong with that at all.

“Ah. Not my type of business, but it sounds like you enjoy it. I’ve been keeping my family’s business alive while branching out on my own. It’s been quite the experience, but successful.” Her company would never be for sale.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Hm, I might have to pick your brain," Jennifer muses to Gage. "I am a White hat." She leaves that ambigious, curious if he recognizes the term used in the industry for what she trained for.
    "Exactly." Jennifer pointed to Alessandra in quick agreement.

"It feels... off to entertain someone if they have that in mind. I don't have the same values, so is it right to waste their time?" Even if they were pretty. Pretty and even more pale than herself, impossible as that was. Jennifer leaned back in her chair, killing the last of her drink and giving the room a once over as she thought over the entirety of the Prince's words.

"I've been wrapped up in devotion for years. I think I just took a leave of my usual sense. But enough about me." Seriously, she was handing out too many insights and ways to hurt her, even as she stated her association wasn't serious.
    Jennifer was curious about the Family business, but that wasn't something to get into here.

"Mr. Gage," She glances over at the man, noting his attractive qaulities. She gives him a longer look over, noting the color, cut and accessories as one does in the First Estate. "You can't be all business." She tries to draw him out.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

Gage is expertly dressed in a tailored black on black suit, matching dark hair and a steely gaze. While not overtly powerful, his muscle tone shows an extremely low body fat percentage, a tight chest with a flat abdomen.

PRE

"I do enjoy it, almost to a fault at times," Gage responds to Ale. "How has real estate been treating you? I have some aspirations for the future, I might be getting back in touch with you in that department," Gage says, not realizing just how true that statement really is, as he hasn't been formally introduced to Alessandra, Prince of Sacramento and final judge on who acquires what territory in the Domain.

Gage smiles at the term used by Jennifer, but shakes his head, "I believe that's something in computers? Honestly, I'm not too savvy in that department. Not yet, anyway!"

"As far as dating, hmm. Ever since the Big Change that I've gone through, the idea of that -dating, I mean- registers as nothing more for me than a tool to use. I just don't feel.... that... anymore. That drive is lost on me now. I am addicted to my work, admittedly enough; but for pleasure.." he taps his chin three times in rapid succession, "I do enjoy a game of chess from time to time, perhaps while also engaging in some witty banter regarding whatever is currently hot on the scene. I won't bore you with legal talk on the intricacies of a hostile take over, though!"
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug as she drank her beer, “Maybe. But there is something to be said for people who enter into a one-night stand or a dinner date with those type of expectations. I mean, who goes out on a date and discusses plans like children and marriage? Huge red flag to me.” That would be a no.

“Personally, I don’t mind wasting their time, but, my views on that are different than others. Nothing wrong with it.”
    She didn’t care either way.

Dark eyes flick over to the new Kindred with an amused smirk on her face, curious to his reply.

“Real estate has been a sound, and prosperous business venture for me.” Also a good way to launder money, but, different conversation. “I admit, it was slow at first, but my patience has paid off. I’ve moved from warehouses to residential and the profits continue to rise.” But she was also a smart business woman. “I’m sure I can make some time for that.” She was curious what he could be aspirating for.

“I suppose I’m just too into my work for the whole dating thing. It’s just never really interested me.” Maybe a bit of a lie. She was curious. “And given what I do, I just don’t want to bring anyone into it.” Sort of true. “Ah, chess is an intriguing game. I confess, I’m not very good at it, but it always seems to spark fun, in-depth conversations. But for a nice relaxing evening, I’d rather read, find a new piece of art for my collection, or go shooting.” A wide variety right there. “Oh, I’m aware of those.”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer flashed an amused grin at something in computers. Like minded Kindred were fun, but as she knew Gage was involved in the First estate, she did not like to share her sphere of influence. Beasts could be petty.
    "Yes, something like that." She remarked in her ruined voice.
    "Legal talk? Hm, you might like talking with your other Family member. The two of you might find common ground."

She looked to the Prince with some interest. "I have some interest in trying a shooting range sometime. I never did learn chess. I suppose I have time, now. I have been thinking about learning about - painting and taking in a show."

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

PRE

"Would we? That's good to know."
    It's amazing how such a simple sentence can convey so much information about someone.

"We've met only the one time, since I've arrived, and there wasn't a lot of room for recreational talking. I am interested in spending more time with him, as our schedules allow."

Gage sips his drink, and looks about the room.

"It's amazing, isn't it? How so many individuals, just move about their daily lives, never knowing what might happen in, say, an hour.. and that time, its never really appreciated. How everything could change in just," Gage snaps, "a blink of an eye."
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking over the rim of her glass, “I want to say that sounds like it would be an interesting conversation, but I’d be lying.” A chuckle before taking a drink. She knew enough of the law to know she broke it often. “But finding a common ground with family is always a good thing.” Though she’d still trust Jacque if her business went south.

A brief look of surprise, “Really?” thinking for a moment, “Have to say, I wouldn’t have taken you for the gun type. But if you want to give it a go some evening, I’d be happy to show you. Even have a spare gun, smaller caliber, to teach with.” Her guns were big, and they were hers. She never let others use them. “Art has become an interest of mine over the past couple years. My personal collection is ever growing, and I even have some pieces done by one of your Family members before she left.” Looking to Jennifer. “I cherish them.” She wasn’t bashful about that, Cynthia had been a talented artist.

Raising an eyebrow at Gage, “Well, that took a sudden, deep, turn.” She comments, “What are you drinking in that glass?” half joking, half not.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread