It was dark, very dark. The new moon almost made it disorienting for a mortal, if it wasn't for the hue from the city that polluted the sky.

Jacque made his way through the abandoned construction area with a briefcase in tow. Unpolished edges, bare wood and the skeleton of the triumph to come. He made his way up a half-built staircase until he came to the observation deck of what would one day be a grand entryway. At the center, there was an out of place feature- a round, hardwood display podium that was finished and polished unlike any of the surrounding walls and floors.

Setting the briefcase on the floor, he carefully unsnapped the locks and placed a small marble chess board upon the podium. He meticulously arranged each piece in its proper location one by one. Only after he was satisfied with the presentation did he began to speak aloud with not a soul within miles:

"He's finished here." he cracked a smile with announcing the news. "You spent all that time under a Duchess' instruction and suddenly when you have your chance you make mistake after mistake?"

He shook his head as he paced around the podium, "He led you astray, I know it." He whipped a hand into the air, "When he was to swear, he couldn't and wouldn't. I made his lies unheard. I ruined him."

"I hope you found some form of Peace wherever you flew to," His hand fell against a partially completed banister, "Construction is coming along nicely. It is slow, but that is expected when I'm alone in this endeavor." He clutched the banister until the skin stretched so thin against his knuckles, "I'll make us strong as I promised."

"No Lord of worth will ever be compelled into ignorance and treachery when I'm done." Steely eyes of the Ventrue Priscus raised and surveyed the landscape around him, "We'll be so strong."