Cassandra sits in her living room, a space that is slowly becoming her main crafting space. She's moved her coffee table and the couch out of the room and out into the dining area. Sitting on the floor, she's got supplies for this mirror all around her. She wanted to make something beautiful and useful for John. What more useful for a Winter than a mirror? He may or may not have reflections, but perhaps it would push him toward it.

Then, of course, there was the friendship they shared. They'd shared traumas, they'd shared laughs and tensions. He can eventually save some glamour with this. An emotional bond, like that of a good, family-like friendship, is perfect for seeing into the past if you leave it places strategically.

She begins working with her materials, cutting glass carefully and shaping it to be what she wants. She starts off very well, the craft going very well.

Why did I ever give back that mirror? I could have been able to save so much glamour in the long run.

"Princess, I came to return your mirror..." Cassandra says, just barely above a whisper. It's days before she is moving to Sacramento and she needs to tie up loose ends.

The green skinned flowering stares at the red-head, the intensity of Black-Eyed Susan's mantle far stronger than Cassandras. "You... of course you did. I'm sure Phillip found it very useful." There is venom in her voice.

Cassandra winces at the mention of his name and the Flowering Fairest pauses, "I'm sorry for your loss."

There is something genuine in her words and Cassandra seems absolutely confused by it, but she doesn't want to fight. She doesn't have the energy. "Thank you..."

Thinking about that distracts her for a long time. That old mirror. She cuts herself with her knife, "Fuck." She sets everything down and moves into the kitchen, "Shit. That was terrible." She says, groaning.

She looks down at her fingers and she sees the razor sharp nails, looking like knives. They're bleeding profusely and she is crying, "I can't cut anymore."

"But you're so close."

The flash was brief, but it was enough to need to shove it out of her mind. Nope. Really don't need to go there tonight. I need to lay down.

She settles down after a couple of evenings. The feeling of cutting herself with that xacto knife and the odd flash of her Durance anything but enjoyable.

She settles back into her work. She's got her workspace together now. It's going to be fine. It's too bad John and I aren't sworn enemies, otherwise Glimpse would be a breeze for him. Still, Glimpse could be easier like this. Communications could be done seamlessly between them, mourning cant or no.

It takes her longer than it should have, especially given that she's gotten quicker at crafting than she has been in a hot minute. This mirror is simple and black. A perfect circle. Practically a scrying mirror while still maintaining simple beauty to the unknowing eye. The size is big enough to be hung or displayed if wished, big enough for lots of reflective needs, now that she actually thinks about it. It is made of strong, thick glass. Perfection.

She holds up the mirror carefully with a smile, "Okay. That's a gift." She looks proud and sets the mirror in a black wooden box she has prepared with velvet and giftwrapping paper. After all, this was glass. It would need to be safe. She'd bought a little stand for it, which she sets just on top. The box closes and it is a good fit. Nothing sticking out. She brings the gift into her room, setting it on her dresser. Only a couple of weeks before the coronation and regardless, she knew who was wearing the crown. And, worse comes to worse, birthday gift, right?

Crafting a Mirror 4 Successes Needed, 5 successes obtained