Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently to what Quinn Durant has to say. "Well, Slave Durant. I suppose you could say, I envy your Clan discipline too." He admits.

He stares for a while when after Quinn asks about his soul. "My...'soul whispers' to you, does it?" He asks slowly and thoughtfully.

He stares another long moment in silence as if looking into Quinn's soul, or trying to!

2 successes

Since you subtract dice from the right, not successes off the top, I think he might have at least on success?

2. Likes , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled softly, as he didn't answer her on the last. Well he hasn't flipped script on me yet, or try to eat my face. I guess we are inching along the road to familiarity alright then.

She watched him watch her, and inched a bit closer, a little closer then arms length. "Do you prefer the term Aura?" She paused with an arched brow for a moment. "Do you know what the aura is Scholar Dirt Nap? What it means when you tap into the unseen of another being? It is more than just an emotional thermometer."

Quinn of course knew the answers to those questions. She had studied the Auspex discipline extensively. Her sire's mastery of the discipline and the support of her Clan had given her access to a lot of occult volumes on the study of the Aura and of course the steps beyond. Quinn was driven to master it completely.

What he saw in Quinn's aura was a pale yellow. Like a pool of sunlight in winter. The color barely registering as her Kindred aura muted the color.

I'm gunna say yes. 1 success. *nods*

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still as Quinn edges closer to him.

He stares at her as she piles up questions on him.

"I am familiar, Slave Durant." He says simply.

"If you are ready to start, go in the cell. That'll be your start, bein' in there long enough to get hungry." Dirt Nap says softly, his tone neutral as if discussing her options as to whether or not to take a coat when she goes out shopping.

"I'll be locking you in, and you'll be trusting me as to letting you out again, and as to when that might be."

After a pause, Dirt Nap comments. "You seem to be as I once heard the saying, 'a bright shiny penny', Slave Durant. I'd rather not be cleaning up your remains. I don't mind if you keep drawing the occaissnional breath to ask questions with either because you come out of the Change on top, or because the things I make you do to prepare cause you to get discouraged and quit before it gets the chance to kill you."

For the record, OOC I don't think Quinn Durant would need to be unavailable for any other scenes even if she does spend some time starving in the cell in the basement of the Chapter House, unless you wanted to do it that way for flavor.

6. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn stepped into the cell, not dallying or any fan fare about it. She trusted this blasted contraption would hold her even in the midst of frenzying if it came to that. Can you trust he'll let your ass back outta there? We will see.

"I have one request Scholar Dirt Nap. Let us align our answers should Mr. Smith make his way down here. The only cheeky explanation I can scrape up in my mind is that we are playing 'Dungeon's and Dragons.' " She paused to smirk at him slightly. "Judging by his inquisitive nature in court, an asset for a potential Dragon btw, I don't think he will accept that answer. Or other smart assed things I can think of saying either." I would have a field day with this shit. HAHAAHAHAHAH.

She tilted her face to the side slightly. "Don't fear for me. I assure you I have enough fear for myself for the both of us, but I choose to lead with my chin up and little sliver of hope. There is much I can overcome simply by utilizing to its full extent that lump that's three feet above my ass."
    Last edited by Quinn Durant; Nov 8th, 2020 at 02:01 PM.  Reason for Edit: Editing a word!

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods as Quinn Durant steps into the cell.

He locks it shut securely, and then turns and shuts and securely locks the thick door to the hall outside.

"I don't expect there'll be any interruptions." Dirt Nap says, softly. "But if there is, we don't need to tell a story; I want JC to know the stakes. I don't want to sweet talk anyone into this with big promises and suger coated ideas about the risks."

He listens to her saying how she's already afraid enough, thinking not hardly.

He settles in on the floor, leaning back against the locked door to the hall.

"Seeing as we're going to be a while, and I am not going to leave you for a minute, maybe this is a good time to mention some things." Dirt Nap says very softly, enough not to be heard outside the room even by supernatural ears.

"Our superior's not coming back. Take it from me. I'm in charge of things until or unless they send someone else, which could happen. And you might want to think about trying for Priscus of your Clan, too. Mind you, it makes no difference to me. I had a superior who put a lot of weight on building up the Dragons by getting people raised up in their clans, thinking that would mean the clan would do what's best for the Dragon. I don't hold to that."

He cocks his head. "On thing though. He was teaching me Auspex. I got decent at it, but with him gone, and not coming back, I'm not going to be able to hold onto my learning. I offered him a major boon to learn. I'd do it again with you, if you like. No conditions. I'll teach you just the same, either way. I just mention it now, cause without a Priscus, it seems to me, the choice is yours to make for yourself."

10. Likes , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn settled against the bars of the cage, leaning into it, watching Dirt Nap from her little cell. She quirked an eyebrow at the news that Horatio had dipped out. What a dick. Figures.

"I am not surprised. He didn't seem like he had any stomach for criticism. He told me was used to the more modern Carthian styled courts. You know, with a Chairman, and then board members, security personnel. That sort of set up. I have a unique perspective of being under both types of courts and one is just about the same as the other really. I don't know what the hell he was whining about. Being polite is still of the utmost importance at Kindred gatherings. We are not human. Slights can end in final death. I don't know what part of that was confusing."

Quinn nodded to the bit about going for Priscus. Quinn had never given a shit about that. She had always been more concerned over surviving, but a slightly calmer region had the benefit of Quinn being able to dabble in politics. I mean...maybe? I guess. What choice did she have? Lady Hazelton made a point with the Prince regarding my impeccable manners in court. I can't very well let her faith be so misplaced.

Quinn's lips parted slightly in shock when he said that Horatio had been teaching Dirt Nap Auspex. The balls on that asshole. UGH, really? She looked conflicted even outwardly. It had been literally beaten into Quinn to never teach the discipline outside the clan. After all, it was apart of their toolset so to speak. Not to mention at the higher levels if you fucked up you died.

"That is a very tough one for me Scholar Dirt Nap. A major boon is quite a thing. It is a fair trade for some levels of the discipline, but not all. Though I will say, it is tempting. I will have to think on it, and I will speak with my cousin Maeve as well. Her opinion on this matters to me. Horatio was power hungry, and you will find that I am not. I wish for only enough power to run my existence pretty much as I please." She paused a heartbeat though. "I don't like how Heinrich acted when he realized more Dragons were showing up. Like he felt threatened, he was very obvious about it, but others won't be so. It would be beneficial for both of us to seek positions in court. To be valuable to the court. Lest we look like a rising faction to stomp out."

12. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently and without moving or breathing. He doesn't give any indication of agreement, encouragement or even disapproval when Quinn Durant makes her low opinion of Horatio plain.

Then, he nods slowly when she expresses her hesitation about teaching him Auspex.

"Fair enough. To be frank, Slave Durant, I don't know that you'd be the best teacher for me. Only on account of, I don't know if you'll stick around. I'd have to go to all the trouble of relearning it all, just to have you leave town before it was good and set, and to lose it all again."

Dirt Nap pauses. "I can tell you, I only intend to learn it to the point of the Aura reading, and only then because there is a Devotion, that can put together the Auspex and the Protean to let me make for sure and for certain a Wyrm's Nest is found by sleeping in the dirt of it. I aim for that, to become Sworn, so as to make the leadership here steady, under me." He explains slowly.

14. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded and seemed to be contemplating his request a bit more favorably. "I see. That would help us out a lot long term. Might even attract some more Dragons to the area if we were able to find a Wyrm nest that we could guard and use effectively. Very practical. It is a reasonable request. Let me think on it, and of course see if it all stands the test of time."

"Auspex is the reason I wish to learn how to draw effectively. To show others what I can only see in my head. In my head my impression is the only possibility. If I could draw what I was seeing, it allows for others input as well. I wish to start a journal of sorts of my psychic impressions, the aura's I've seen in others, how they change over time. Within my Clan I am a scholar of the Discipline."

She smiled a bit shyly and glanced down a moment. "I spend a lot of time with mortals. I have to keep up appearances more than a lot of Kindred. I also have to work for my money. Though I will begin investing soon to hopefully relieve myself of that burden in the future." She paused a moment. "I don't want to stop helping the human police though. It doesn't pay much, and I am not called on that often, but I do enjoy the tie to the community. The information I have access to as well is very helpful. I also love the psychic work. It helps keep me continuously progressing in Auspex, and the answers I give them are not always real, but the comfort sure is."

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

(Heightened Senses)Vitae 0 Spent
    PRE

JC was reading in the library when he heard the sound of distant voices. He vaguely recognized Dirt Nap’s but was more focused on the book for the time. Unfortunately, despite appearances and praise there of, the library didn’t hold a lot of knowledge. At least, not the kind he had been hoping for when he first moved in. It was mostly Kine texts and superstition.

Smith spent a minute or so still reading before he finally lost interest as the voices continued. The second one remained unfamiliar. It definitely wasn’t male though. He set the book gently down into his lap and sat back, closing his eyes. As he focused, various sounds came into focus. The wind outside sweeping over grass and branches. Tiny claws scraping on the roof. Probably a squirrel. And the voices of course.

Just to check. Make sure Dirt Nap wasn’t in trouble from an unknown intruder. Not because his book and neo-pagan spiritualism was boring and basically useless.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

18. Likes pisces, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens silently, not moving as Quinn Durant speaks.

"That suits me fine, Slave Durant. Take all the time you like to think it through. And I won't bring it up again, lessin you do first." He says in a slow, agreeable tone.

He sits still for a long while after that, not breathing or otherwise moving or making a sound at all.

"This will likely take a while." Dirt Nap says softly but abruptly breaking the silence.

"I don't much care whether you frenzy or manage to resist it. Getting to the point is the point. Getting to that edge and having to really fight and keep fighting as long as you can. Now, I don't have a plan for what happens after that, that is, I am not going to provide the means to break your fast. You might want to think a little bit about that." He suggests quietly.

20. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread