(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra laughs at that, "Well, I don't know about that, but who knows. Sounds like a fun little Springly excursion, doesn't it?" She shakes her head a little and then sips on her tea, "I mean, we had a few back in Baltimore. They were pretty fun - mostly an extension of a sports bar kind of thing, but still fun." She smiles a little at the memories that flood her mind for a moment. Her albino best friend forcing her up on stage with her to sing a love ballad. Fenrir grinning up at Blodwen and Phillip just smirking from afar like he always did.

Reaching up a hand to her necklace, she sighs a little bit. Will I ever get you off my mind?

She straightens and continues listening to Yamiyo. Thats... exactly what I just said, but okay. "Yeah, indeed that set of laws is the laws of robotics used in sci-fi today." She sips her tea again and then walks over to look over at the bookshelf with Yamiyo, "I'm not surprised you're into romance. The genre just always sits wrong with me." She says and squints a little as she puts her hands on a particular book. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman. You know, you remind me of Anathema sometimes. A small shiver runs down her spine at that, her colors shifting a little more rapidly for just a moment.

"Oh, you're fine. That would be like expecting me to be able to tell you why my colors shift the way that they do," she says with a small chuckle. Though, she does have a good idea of why they shift, but one doesn't go advertising those kinds of secrets. Pausing, she does pick up a particular book. Stardust, also by Neil Gaiman, "You'd probably like this one. Definitely a romance with lovely fantasy elements to it," she says, handing it over to Yamiyo. "If you are looking for something to read, anyway."

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Lockpicks: +3
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

"Springly?" Chuckling along as Cassandra laughs "I don't know about that, I think every court can enjoy some time to just sing their worries away and have some fun." Sipping her tea and letting the warmth of it wash over her body "Ahh, that was good. Ohh sports bar's those can be fun, a good place to find marks for food if you're ever in a dire as well. Do you follow or like some sort of sports? I know very little of various ones myself but do have some picked up knowledge from here and there." It was always good to keep some track in the past for various marks but surface level tended to be enough.

Damn she didn't take the bait and told the last one "That's quite an achievement to write something that takes life and lives on through various media and looks of things for such a long time after it was written." Giving her some time to think, to sort her feelings and be ready before going on, watching the book she touches ahh that was a nice one. "What is it that draws you to sci-fi?" Smiling a bit "I am really far to easy to read in that sense heh, have loved it ever since I were young ohh how often I dreamed to be whisked away by some strange man that would turn out to be the kindest soul there is, to live in our own little paradise and forever be happy together."

"Sometimes it's more fun in not knowing, not always of course still that is what I can speak of it except for how unphotogenic it makes me but that you already know." Thanks the stars for photoshop and the massive amounts of wigs, cosplay and other stuff that were out there today. Taking the book and looking it over. "Can't say that I have read this one, I do have read some of his other work though and quite admire his integrity when they wanted to make a movie or tv series not sure which about Anansi boys." Eyes looking over the back of it, her grip ever so soft almost as if she seems afraid to hurt the book. "I always look for more to read however my studies take a lot of my time right now so can't say how fast I can finish it."
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra shrugs a little at that, still smiling a bit. She drinks a bit more of her tea, "Not really no. Never been really into sports. Or exercise for that matter in general. It's been joked the secondary reason I am Winter is so that I never really need to feel sweat," she laughs a little at that.

"Asimov will be a name that continues to be known for at least a few centuries for what he has contributed to literature and sci-fi in that sense," she pauses as Yamiyo goes on about her little love story dreams and Cassandra seems to visibly grimace. "Yeah... someone who comes and scoops you off your feet. Makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world. Doesn't ever turn out that way." Once by you and once by Phillip... Love is a fool's dream. "Romance is what gets you caught and then you are changed by it whether you like it or not." There is an almost bitter tone to her voice, but it is slight.

She jumps a little bit as she says "Anansi" and then shakes her head. Her heart pounds in her chest for a moment and then she looks down, "Gees. Don't... don't say that name around me. I've had enough of that damn spider to last me a life time." she lets out a slow breath, "Sorry... Name of an old friend's, you know. Just. It would be too soon before old names like that start poking at me, even from across the country."

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Softly laughing a bit at the joke.
    "Ohh sweat that is such a nice thing to feel, when the entire body is pushed to it's limits and you feel your legs being all wobbly so that you can barely stand using the walls to get to the shower before you fall down in it just sitting still for a while as the water refreshes you. Now that is a wonderful feeling," smiling a coy smile "true some ways are better than others to achieve it but that is a different story. Running is a really good way where you can always push yourself."

"That is something to be proud of, hopefully he got to appreciate it in his lifetime." Watching her grimace, feeling a bit guilty for being the cause. Sighing a bit and looking down, sadness gripping her for a bit as memories flash through her mind. "Trust me I know that all to well." A sad look on her eyes "The beauty of it is only in stories and tales seldom if ever in reality, twice proven." Once before once after. Shaking her head a bit and slapping her cheeks, her left eye lightly sparkling with a clenched tear. "So will I be fortunate enough to hear Fur Elise before the night is over?" Closing her eyes and smiling the kindest smile she could muster towards the artist.

Nodding a bit.
    "No need to explain, we all have our demons you will tell me the story when and if you are ever ready." Sipping some more tea "So if I should try to get into your love and view on sci-fi should I try that book or watch that what was it now hmm star, star, star" making a silly face of trying to think hard, true she was faking it to try and draw the attention away but still, suddenly clenching her left hand and hitting her right palm as she shines up "Star-trek right?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I like water. Again, heat. Just bleh," she chuckles again, "I can see why people would like it. I really do. But unless I am scrubbing the sin from by body, I like the air about me as cold as possible."

Cassandra considers for a moment as she sips upon her tea, "I suppose I might be able to play some Fur Elise tonight. Assuming I have the music for it. Here... let me," she begins looking through the second book case which is filled with sheet music, most of which looks old and falling apart or reprinted and set into binders with the spines labeled.

She sets down her cup on the table and then takes out a book, beginning to thumb carefully through some pages. She had a way of just seeming to get over and let go of portions of conversation without a second thought. Then again, if she wanted to keep her composure for most things, it's what she had to do. "Star Trek? I mean, you could start there if you wanted to get into sci-fi. It's not everyone's cup of tea though. If I had to recommend one of the series to start with though, for you... start with Next Gen. There is a little more 'romance' in it. I don't think you'd do too well with Deep Space Nine. Too genocidey and very dark."

"Voyager is kind of silly at times, so you might be able to get along well with that. Except... maybe skip the salamander episode," she shakes her head, "Such a weird episode."

"Honestly, my love of sci-fi isn't something as strong as you might think it is. It's just another connection to an older model of me, if you know what I mean. It's something familiar. When you grow up watching something, it has a tendency to stick to you, you know?" She shrugs a little bit, still thumbing through the pages of her book. Finally she pauses, nodding her head as she looks over a piece.

"Now, how about you start talking about yourself, little Miss. Trying to see every bit of info she can get out of the new Winter Court lady?" She smirks a little bit, looking up at the Succubus. "How is school going? How are the friends? The classes? Surely you are dying to tell someone all about it?"

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

"True heat is no fun, it's never fun when the warmth gets hard around you but there is a difference in heat from the air around you and the warmth you feel from exerting yourself." Wait what? "Scrubbing the sin from your body? That was a new phrase to hear in real life, besides as long as we treat those around us with kindness so are there no sin." At least that was her view on things.
    A smile coming over her as she watches Cassandra look through her sheets, her eyes more drawn to the paper than anything else. "Those pieces really must have been used, traveled and loved a lot. They must be ever so happy to belong to you."

Frowning a bit as she shakes her head.
    "Nahh ahh the meaning is not for me to see the light of the world but to give me a chance to see your love for it, to experience what brings you joy and your love for a world that I cannot currently comprehend." Closing her eyes and just taking a calming breath "It is more important to see the love you bear for it than for me to find my own, through seeing what you love about it so is that a chance to get to know you better and hopefully be able to become a friend that can understand you better." Smiling a bit "Besides I do love other things than romance I can assure you of that." Looking a bit curious "You do know that now I have to watch it right?"

"True I do, it's the same as why I sign despite the fact that I have no issue speaking now, why I am drawn to romance tales as they were my comfort blanket growing up." Taking a deep breath to get the aroma of lavender in her again, highly doubting they used it for the same thing. "So if that is what you have from before now what would you say holds a deeper connection to the you that you are today, to the you that you want to be and what holds a deep meaning for you?"

Shrugging a bit.
    "More like trying to learn all I can of a new friend that I can be honest with, I have rarely had people close and I keep the mundanes ohh that means normal humans at arms length as in the end we must always lie to them and can never fully share ourselves so to build a friendship with someone where one can be open is quite a warm experience." Smiling kindly, neither her body, expression or eyes showing even the slightest hint of falseness to her words.
    "Naturally but it's more fun when you're asked. So lets see, school is hard" Looking a bit tired for a second "it's so much work, I weren't even that great in high school and all this work is a lot. Just lucky that I can do things really really fast or there would be some serious trouble. As for friends so well I do hide from most classmates but I do try and spend time with my new sisters, still feels weird to have a roommate again. I did cause a bit of a stir of who to room with apparently two friends I met last year wanted to share my room so it ended up with me getting to share with another new member. She does speak Japanese at times though which is one of the languages I still haven't learned only speak three Asian languages so far and Japanese ain't amongst them." Looking a bit annoyed "Still I am studying it when I have some spare time so soon I will master that as well."

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Oh, it's just an expression. Dirt and grime and all of that nasty. More than once have I come out of the Hedge and wanted to just sit in a bath for a week. So gross." She says, chuckling.

She raises an eyebrow at that, listening to her go on what she believes to be the most Spring-like monologue she has ever heard. I'll need to make sure she doesn't go touching my head and stealing the desires from it. Goodness. "You are a sweet little thing. I mean, it is all on Netflix right now, I believe. So, you can easily binge it," she says with a little smile.

As she listens, she seems to consider, though at the same time, the way her colors shift at the moment, it is difficult to really know what she is thinking, "Honestly, I don't really think much on it. There are things that are comforting and for people who like to stay comfortable, they hold onto those things." That's not really why we hold onto everything that we do, though, is it? Her gaze for a moment seems to turn toward the thick book on the island and she sighs a little bit.

We hold onto those things, even the little things, because if we let go of one thing, we might lose everything. That's how it works. That's what life is like as a Changeling. So, we grip onto every bit of our humanity as we can, of what we used to be... Of course, now I have baggage as a Changeling now too, don't I?

"I understand," she nods and then continues listening to her talk about school, showing an interest, though whether it is a true interest or not is up for debate. "You are studying folklore, right? Is that what you had said last time? I'm surprised you wouldn't be attempting to major in linguistics. What languages all do you speak?"

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Ahh yeah that I can understand better, one never knows what you might run into or get on you there." Shuddering a bit at some less happy memories.

Lightly blushing at the compliment, then again she always did when another female changeling gave her a compliment.
    "Thank you, I do try my best and do believe that the best way to make this world a better place is to be kind to those around us, to share a warm smile and try to brighten their day even just a little." Smiling a kind smile as she cups her tea "No matter how hard a day is, how bad I feel or how hard times are as long as you help someone else smile or laugh if even just for a second so have you done something good and not wasted the day." She knew pain, they all did and that were reason enough to never wish it upon anyone else.

Chuckling a bit as she watches the color change, trying to find some rhythm or tone to it in her mind.
    "If they are I can that is true, however if as you say those aren't the things you are as deep into as I might think then what is the goal?" Sipping her tea a bit "As stated my aim is to know and understand you better so if they are important and matter to you I gladly shall in any order you think is best if that is not the right way though so will I much rather walk the path and spend my time on the things that will help me understand you better and make it easier to truly see you."

Nodding a bit.
    "Folk tales, folklore and so on yes, its fun to be able to view it with my knowledge of the world." Thinking for a bit as she drinks some tea "Nahh that sounds boring, enough years have been spent with silence so now I enjoy being able to understand as much as possible and to be able to read texts and books from various countries is quite nice. Nor can I deny that some of them have helped me in my job as well." Raising her hand to count "Lets see English, ASL, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean. Still wanna learn old English, Japanese, German and French"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

As Yamiyo explains what drives her, Cassandra can't help but feel like tingle of guilt. This was the kind of girl that she and Phillip would use. Draw them in with a charming friendliness, slowly radicalize them toward your cause, and then turn them into your minion. What's worse is that she can already feel the pull of her brain telling her what to do to make it happen. I am a horrible person.

Cassandra nods, "Well, on trying to understand me, I give you a good luck. I don't even understand myself," that was accurate. Though, truthfully, that would be accurate of anyone. "Either way, that's sweet of you."

If there were any rhyme or reason to Cassandra's color shifts, it wasn't obvious without trying to look much deeper. And even then.

Again she nods and stands up to make herself another cup of tea, "That's quite a few languages you've got under your belt. I do hope you learn them all." She says with a little smile, "I'd probably get them all mixed up." You could speak in code without a second thought. You knew two different Cants and utilized them back and forth at the same time. ...it was useful.

"Learn any cool and useful tales? You know the Others often enjoy using folklore for their realms at times, right? At least, the few I'm familiar with certainly did."

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Looking towards her with kind eyes, softly placing her hand on the artists shoulder and looking into her eyes.
    "Who understands themselves? Its rare for most people and probably even rarer for us." Slowly letting her hand slip away as she goes for a seat to sit down. "Still in order to get close and understand someone better you need to fill in an endless puzzle but you can only piece it together as the person allows you to. It shall be an honor to find the pieces you will share and hopefully one day so will I be able to see enough to comfort at least one tear away from you."

Slowly sitting down, curlying up a bit.
    "It always is, the more you know the more you can understand, the more cultures you can take part in. Language's are a living thing" fixing her hair a bit "should probably make sure to learn some of the less popular native American tongues as well if I find someone whom wants me to know it." Finishing her cup of tea "Still to learn a language also means that you must honor it, to just know it for no purpose would be to dishonor it." Smiling a bit "Ohh trust me that have happened which is always why I try to take the chance to speak them whenever possible, to read and write in them at times all to give them emotional connections and make them come alive."

Shaking her head a bit.
    "So far it's just beginner stuff which mostly talks in broad spectrums and it all depends on what you like. Fairly unsurprising so is Arthurian tales amongst the basics to go through along with the Grimm brothers. It shall be more interesting when we go deeper." Twirling her finger around the cup "Or do the dreams and tales of the places inspire and give birth to folktales? Which side came first? Did they steal the tales from here or did the ones whom originally told the tales steal it from them through dreams or memory?"

"Still that is not the warmest of subjects perhaps it is better to leave it be?"

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread