Cassandra sits on her couch, exhausted. She'd finally just unpacked the last box and taken the broken down boxes to the recycler. She feels her phone buzzing in her dress pocket and she almost doesn't want to answer it. It stops buzzing and she sighs a little before laying down. Staring up at the ceiling, she considers her nightmares and how she has been feeling settling in. Things aren't too bad. The people are nice. Politics aren't crazy over here. There isn't the same kind of duplicitous nature that Baltimore had, at least, not that she could immediately see.

She closes her eyes and she almost dozes off before she feels her phone buzzing again. She takes it out and looks at the caller ID. Blodwen. Her heart sinks a little bit. She hadn't been avoiding talking to her. Well, mostly. It's just... it's painful. After debating for a few more moments, she quickly answers the call.

"Jesus Christ, Cass. Are you okay?"

"Blods, I'm- I'm fine. What's up? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Well. No, but that's beside the point. You haven't called in like a week!"

Cassandra lets out an audible sigh, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I know."

"How's everything settling in?"

She rolls over onto her side, trying to get comfortable, "Things are fine. The people are fine. If you are looking for the T to be spilt, there really isn't all that much. At least, not yet."

Blodwen scoffs a little, "Yeah right. You're like a Bloodhound for gossip."

Cassandra laughs and shakes her head, "Oh, bullshit. I don't go looking for it, it just finds me. Besides, most of the time, all of that crazy gossip was involving things you caused, remember?"

"Pfft... whaaat? Me? Cause drama? I don't cause drama."

"How's Fenrir?"

"He's fine. Still furry. No thorns stuck in him for leaches to need to suck out."

"And no Hobs demanding the Tape of Duct in payment for access to said leeches?" Cassandra asks with a laugh. She missed this. Just talking with Blodwen. Talking about stupid things they used to do.

"Nope! Honestly, after what happened last time... I'm just glad you were there, ready to get us out."

"Well, you know, that's all I'm good for. Staying out and being ready for when you all come back..." Cassandra sighs. God, I really am useless outside of politics, aren't I?

"It's not entirely your fault. Someone has to protect home. Plus, Phillip would have killed us if something - Oh... sorry."

The mere mention of his name makes Cassandra's chest tighten a little. She sits up, "It's fine. It's over." Even if I do still see those pure black eyes in my nightmares. "You know... I'm so tired of pretty people. Like, pretty people are fine, but I'm done dating them. I just... somehow, they always use their beauty to justify how crazy they are or why the shit they're doing is okay. Though, Phillip wasn't so much beautiful as-"

"Absolutely terrifying?"

"I mean... when you put it like that."

"You were literally married to a dra-"

Cassandra coughs loudly, "Phone."

"Right. Anyway, things have been awfully quiet around here without you. I mean, Blackbird plays and MJ has done some dancing, but..."

"How's the drug situation?" Cassandra asks. It's our fault.

There is a bit of a pause, "The Princess has it under control now that Phillip is, you know."

"Good. I..."

"It's not your fault that he-"

"I know what I married," Cassandra says quietly, "I miss you Blods. Just... let me know when you send out that last package. Give Myke a hug for me?"

"Of course. You know, we're all waiting with open arms if you ever decide to come back. I love you, sis."

"Love you too. I'm gonna get some sleep. Night, Blods."

"Night, Cass."

Cassandra hangs up the phone and sighs again, staring at the number. Sometimes she wishes she had gotten Danica to get her a new identity before she left. Now she's stuck with his name. She could get it changed, but... it would be a headache and people would ask more questions. Cassandra Moore, the widow of the supposedly late Phillip Moore. She lets out a bitter scoff. You put me face to face with him and then you just walked out into the Hedge. Left me to pick up the pieces. I hope it was worth it.

She closes her eyes and tries to give herself a pep talk. You aren't the same Cassandra you were in Baltimore. You know better now and you are going to work to be a better person. No more causing others sorrow... we are going to alleviate it now.

Using her phone, she turns on the radio to listen to some music. She just needs to wash it all away. The first piece that comes on is Ice Queen by Within Temptation and she laughs at the irony. After flipping through a few other songs, she settles on Mr. Brightside by The Killers. Did it make her heart ache a little? Sure, but it was also the most scream-able song she could think of at the moment and she was definitely in the mood to just scream some lyrics.

For the first time in years, for just a moment, it felt good to be alone.