Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Waterfront Encounters

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh yeah, Okinawa. My grandfather was from there, originally. It was kind of a dying wish, I guess. Anyway, he put it in the requirement for his Trust." Kaze says, matching Puck's shrug if not his blind trust walk.

He nods, and smiles at Skye's talk of her life in the wild. "Sounds like you got a great education without college, Skye." Kaze says. "I mostly just rehabbed and dodged defensive linemen, on the practice squad."

He looks speculatively at Puck. "Journalism? That sounds cool, actually." Kaze says in an interested tone. "I guess you always knew what was going on, anyway."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What kind of journalism did you wanna focus on? A hard hitting Lois Lane type meant to take down the rich power elite and help make the world a better place" a quick look going over to Chase as she said so, see she had looked a bit deeper into it "or perhaps more heartfelt stories that really touch your heart? Or was it to become an anchor for a news station? Or am I just totally going in the wrong track here?" Those were the ones she could quickly think of.

Chuckling a bit.
    "That sounds wise although I can guarantee you that food you grow yourself or prey you catch yourself is most certainly something extra and special." At least to her it was. Noticing how he walks so freely backwards as she smiles a bit "Ohh it's not that hard." Flipping backward, landing on her hands, bending her legs a bit and walking on her hands for a bit. "All you need is some practice, I am currently teaching it to children for a living." Bending her to place down her legs so that her front is arched forward before bending up into standing position again "See easy peasy."

Eyes going over to Chase.
    "So do you ever miss it and do you wanna go back? I bet it's a nice place, never been nor know much about it though." Shrugging her shoulders a bit "Who knows, I can't quote famous works and am not really suited for a lot of jobs that requires a degree but ask for something physical and how to survive and I am there. Then again if I took a year to study so could I maybe attend a community college after that, probably wont though that ship has sailed." Looking a bit of for a second "You mean as in football linemen right?"

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Fate is awesome. Wish for a snack, get a trust fund baby.

"Wow," Wide eyes watch Kaze as Puck continues to back up towards the boat. "World traveling athletic student EMT with a Trust fund? You must pry the ladies off left and right."

It's like talking to Tony Stark. How many adjectives does it take to make someone jealous enough to kill? Or at least shmooze for a free meal.

Puck contemplates Skye's question. Truth be told? He didn't have much of a choice back home. He needed to pay rent and his town's newspaper was hiring. As he gets ready to say something though, the almost-nymph was on her hands walking after him. It was cool on YouTube, and seeing first hand? Impressed Puck is clearly impressed.

"So children huh?" Children are made of rubber. Of course they can bend and move. Puck is made out of more of a rusting iron, or maybe cracking glass. Yeah, he might be able to bend a bit once or twice, but the attention he'd need for doing so was more likely the Life arcanum then Fate.

"I honestly don't know what kind?" Returning to Skye's earlier topic. Totally not wishing he had tried gymnastics a decade or so ago. "I just took the first job I found out of college and rolled with it. I know I'd only be good at writing, but that doesn't really do anything to narrow the list down."

You know what a new town is? It's opportunity. Opportunity to experiment. Opportunity to find a new normal. Puck's living in between the old normal of his sleeper life and the new normal of his awakened one. Maybe he'd pick something new. Maybe Fate would pick something for him.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey, Clark was a great reporter!" Kaze mock protests to Skye. "Not that Lois wasn't great too, but Clark had to keep a lower profile you know, cause of his side job as a SUPERHERO!" He laughs.

"The beaches are amazing in Okinawa, the waves too." Kaze says wistfully. "But I spent most of my time there in hard training, hardly ever leaving the compound. It wasn't a vacation."

"Definitely as in football." He nods, confirming to Skye.

"Oh." Kaze blushes. "It's not like that, I mean, my family didn't really have that much money it's just...I was the only one left, so the trust fund, it covers the basics and tuition." He explains. "I live pretty simply, so I have enough extra to treat someone to lunch every once in a while." Kaze smiles. "And it's the starting QB that gets the action, not the injured third string guy rehabbing and practicing who never gets into an actual game." He says.

"I did alright though."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

A quick nod.
    "Yeah children, the earlier you start training the better. For me my training pretty much started by spending far to much time running in the forest, climbing rocks and trees alike along with an untold manner of other activities which trained and prepared my body for it."

Shrugging her shoulder a bit towards Puck.
    "Well you know what they say new city, new life, new opportunities that is if you plan on staying." Her eyes looking out as if seeing an endless horizon only her eyes could see before looking back to Puck with a smile. "Try all you can whilst you still have your youth unless you wake up with a sense of purpose, a smile or happiness for what you do so have you not found the right thing yet and I must certainly hope that you will."

Sticking her tongue out at Chase for a quick second.
    "If you say so, but still the one whom tended to get the credit for hitting really deep into hard hitting stuff mostly against Lex I guess were Lois and she were the one whom won those awards you get for writing whichever it now was she got."

"Whoo see I got a reference, nice. Do you ever miss playing or having missed the chance to try and go pro? Then again a lot of college football players destroys their bodies during college earning nothing or next to nothing whilst a lot of other people line their pockets over their damage so that may have been good to avoid." Looking over his body for a bit "Well you can always return for a vacation now right."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Welp, Chase is military. Probably going to college on the G.I. bill and his trust. Skye was clearly raised by some nut job survivalist? Or just a survivalist. He was still trying to figure out if Skye's interest in killing her own food was his influence or her watchtower's. Maybe the trust fund wasn't enough for the Acanthus to mooch off of, but at least the winds of chance had provided him entertaining company.

"Simply or dully?" No judgment. Curious Acanthus is just curious is all. "Like is there a special lady that shares that space? When was the last time you got wicked drunk?"

At this point it's any topic that keeps Kaze's dead family from coming up again. Awk-ward.

"The outdoors is nice."
    Sometimes the city is too much. If Puck weren't coming from a small town? Maybe he'd be more curious about a retreat then the city itself. Right now it's finding that right things Skye is talking about. "I miss the water sometimes."

Notice the river he's poking around? Coincidence is a Lie for Sleepers.

"College athletics programs are a joke."

Thoughts on Chase's life? It's better that he be a regular student then a student athlete. One of those has a far better chance in life then the other.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze laughs, "It was a while ago. Honestly, I think I was just trying to meet other peoples' expectations, not disappoint my family. I probably would have enjoyed playing more if I felt it was for me, like it was what I wanted to do."

Kaze nods soberly to Puck. "Yeah, if they were handing out scholarships for not playing a sport, I would have been all over that."

He shrugs. "It is what it is; you pick the best options, not sit around waiting for the perfect option to fall in your lap."

Kaze laughs, looking at Skye, remembering her telling him about her mentor and how he used Fate to get what he needed, "Well that's what I do anyway; some people really can expect things to just work out for them, like the saying goes, 'It's better to be lucky than good, right?'"

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to Puck and then to Chase, trying to hold back the laughter for a bit at the comment of being drunk before bursting out into a quick laughter of seeing him drunk.
    "Sorry about that" A quick laughter following it "The thought of seeing our Chase here drunk just caught me of guard." Taking a deep breath to calm herself.

Shaking her head a bit and fixing her hair.
    "The outdoors is life, the water is beautiful but far to many forget the wonders of nature and get stuck hiding never truly learning to live as a part of the world." Sad eyes wandering over all the concrete around them "There is nothing more tranquil that to be surrounded by nature."

"Well you make your own fortune, if you want something go out and fight for it. Why just sit around and wait, life is short if you want something get out there and fight tooth and nail to get it." Shuddering a bit at the mention of that saying. "That may be a saying but I am rather good I think. If you get things by pure luck and no true effort behind it then it is a lot harder to appreciate it in the long run. The more you fight for something, the more you had to get through to get it the more you appreciate it."

13. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Playing is for everyone. It's what makes you not boring. You know who works all day? Sleepers. It's what distracts them from the Truth.

"It's better to be both." Even the Acanthi had to recognize that Fate only took them so far. It's Fate 101, or at least the bit that could be said in front of sleepers.

"So a real straight flyer then?"
    Eyes switch to Skye. He takes a sec to appreciate her description of nature. He didn't disagree, but nature is the Shamans what the city is to Enchanters. It sounded like they both left her world for his.

"Some things can't be gotten with a can do attitude though." Ask any job hunting convict or an apartment hunter with a bankruptcy on their record. "It's easier for us to say you can do anything, but harder for them too follow through."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "It's not impossible. Just not likely. I never really liked drinking alcohol. There were a couple times, team parties when I got drunk. Not since then, though. Body's a temple, you know?" He says in a mellow, contented tone like he's quoting something or someone.

He listens to Skye's philosophical declarations, and then to Puck's observations.

"So, 'You can't always get what you want...but if you try, sometimes, you can get what you need?'" He muses with a grin.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread