Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Yet another shrug, “It’s not a bad thing, unless they’re standards that unrealistic. Having high standards is ok, until you hold others to them. We all have different standards, and holding others to your own isn’t fair.” And can cause resentment.

“Sure, it’d make it easier. But if it was easy, everyone would do it. Just try and not take people coming and going personally.” Which was sometimes easier said than done.

Smirking herself, “Sure. Until a Master of Life decides to control your body.” Which she knew she’d never do the Arrow. That was just mean. Though a bit funny.

“Well, I suppose you’re right in that sense. You just can’t control when it happens. It’s one of those automatic reactions the human body has. But maybe there is a way to understand it to the point where it doesn’t control you.” Feelings were….weird. A hand waves, “No, seriously. I have like,” thinking, “four or five kicking around. Not to count the ones on my bed and I don’t really need them all. It’s yours.”

A solemn nod, “I kinda fell for a guy quite a few years ago, and then he just vanished. It hurt, and I learned that I need to be careful with just doing that. Falling and all that.” Was a nice guy though. Shaking her head with a smile, “Technically, that is true. But the ones I’m referring to are the ones you’re not sure about. And acting on those without knowing if you want to can be, well, messy.” Then shit gets awkward. “You don’t need to do that, I’m used to looking out for myself.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Eyes roll to the floor, and the Arrow looks a little sad. "I learned that the hard way too. I thought I was just trying to help improve people but they just broke up under the pressure. I always figured if I could battle through it, they could too."

A small nod. The transience was weird. All she could do was ride it. Just another challenge.

"Or a Master of Forces moves yours?" she bats back, starting to smile. It seemed that joke landed well. "I may not be a master yet, but moving things is very much in my domain."

She scowls. "Urgh. Those are the worst. But I think you could be right. It's possible to fight in the wrong way. I... suppose... I may have been doing that. Maybe." It seemed so hard for her to admit these things. people may have streaks of pride, but Phoenyx had one as wide as an interstate highway. At the gift she blushes a little. "Um. Thank you." The blanket is pulled a little tighter. The Arrow didn't normally go in for fluffy, but in the rare occassion she wanted physical comfort, this was a decent substritute.

She lisktens, then shakes her head. "Not how that works. You just said us girls need to look out for one another. You look out for me. I look out for you. I can look after myself too, but you still look out for me, right? That works both ways." The Talon give her friend what she hopes is a reassuring smile. Then a thought pops into her head.

"Isn't that what Cabals do too? Maybe we should make one of those."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A softer smile, “Wanting to help people improve is commendable and great. But you cannot hold them to your standards, because those may be impossible for them. What someone can battle through is personal and unique to them. What I’ve battle through is different than your battles. And to truly help someone, I think you have to let them go at their pace, and support each small accomplishment as they come. But you’re a great teacher, your words are wise, and your heart is in the right place.” Needed to encourage.

Another shrug, “Depends who gets their spell off first I suppose.” Finishing her coffee.

Pointing to the Arrow, “And I think that is the first big step to understanding feelings. Fighting against them instead of trying to work with them and understand them.” Shrugging, “Least it sounds right.” She really had no idea what she was doing.

An eyebrow raises, “A Cabal?” now that was something, she wasn’t sure about. Completely not sure about. “I, I don’t know. I’ve been in my fair share, one being Veiled Threats a long time ago.” Then the one with Campy. “Plus I’m still trying to work out my head. Not sure what good I could be in a Cabal when I can’t get myself straightened out.” She wasn’t saying no as she got up to get more coffee. A bottle taken from the freezer and added to the coffee.

“And forming one is kinda a big thing.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"I know." Phoenyx blushes ever so slightly. "Thank you."

She shrugs. "Maybe. It's not a fight I'd like to see."

There's a small nod. "How are you handling yours? I know when you came back you were not happy with when you killed those Seers." Tact, it seemed, only lasted so long.

The Arrow gives her a curious look. "Yes, I suppose it is. But it doesn't matter what you think of your head. I trust you. I know you will do the right thing. And you are my friend. That sounds like a cabal to me. And with how the concillium is going, it could be something more stable than the Concillium itself."

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, “I don’t think seeing any two Masters in such a battle would be a pleasant thing.” Masters in any field of Arcana were dangerous.

Sipping the coffee, she shrugs, “I suppose I’m just sort of ignoring them for the most part. Both you and Campanella gave me sound advice, but I think somethings are just destined to stay with us. And it’s not so much about not being happy as it is with losing a piece of myself that day.” Drinking more coffee. “But we’re not talking about me.” She points out.

“I know my head is better in the sense that I haven’t acted upon the urge to leave again.” It had been there. “So there is progress there.” And that was something. “I have to wonder if the Concillium here will ever be stable. It felt stable when Campanella was Hierarch, at least to me. But the body of the Concillium is too transient.” Shrugging, “I’ve never been good at helping with stablility. I only took the Councilor position because Anima was just,” a pause and shake of her head, “a mess.” A sigh, “What would the goal or function of the Cabal be?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"I was considering more you and I," the Arrow says thoughtfully. "Seeing Masters duel can be beautiful. But yes, dangeous as well."

"It never leaves you." The comment is simple, but like lead - the absolute certainty that she knows from where she speaks in in every syllable. "And while we were talking about me, that does not forbid talking about you. It... came up naturally in conversation?" she sounds surprised, but the flow of conversation often eluded her. "I know it was hard for you and I said I would support you. That means checking in occassionally." She offers a reassuring smile.

There is a tiny sigh. "It did. And while it was an illegal holding, I cannot help but feel it was the most consistant the Concillium has ever been in my time. But now those I trust to do the job refuse the post, and others I do not trust to live up to it's mantle." The Arrow sips her water and looks at Aurora with dark eyes. "I think you are correct - the main populace is too transitory. It's purpose would be to offer a some structures where the Concillium cannot. I've thought about this for a while - I'm tried of waiting for Arrows to show up. I want to have people around me I can trust."

There's another sigh. "Also... I find it hard to trust the Veiled Threats. Campenella warded the Concillium off from West Sacramento for months, eluding to a powerful ally assiting with the Seers. Within a few months Star was here, and claimed that exact place as the territory for the new Cabal without incident, and then Campenella is a par tof that Cabal. It was too convenient." She sighs again. "Ironically by Arrow doctrine, trying to have a group that can be in place against them both authenicates and challenges them at the same time. I... don't really care about that. I don't want to make some kind of political play. I just feel suspicious of the timings everything happened. Another cabal forces anyone that seeks to sieze control of the city think twice. Finally, at least for now, information flows have been... sluggish. Maybe cabals could accellerate that."

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, “I’ve never seen the beauty in Duels. I’ve seen a handful of them and none of them struck me as beautiful.” Was just a thing for her.

“Oh, well, good to know.”
    She was ahead of the curve then. Bonus. “While technically you’re right, that doesn’t change my stance. You came here to talk about your dreams and your feelings. I think that is more important that me not being able to let go of murdering people.”

Shrugging, she didn’t see Campy’s holding Hierarch as illegal. “Who refused the job that you trusted?” she was trying to remember who had turned the position down. “Well, structure is needed. Especially when it comes to matters of protecting the area and dealing with breaking the laws. And I’ve always seen a lack of structure as a weakness Seer’s could exploit.”

A look of confusion, “Not trust them?” it sounded absurd to her. “Well, technically the Veiled Threats are not a new Cabal. They were here quite a few years ago, but seemed to disband when Avis and Star left. Tuesday brought Campanella and myself in and renamed the Cabal. So in a way, I was briefly with the original Veiled Threats and then the rebranding. I don’t know if Veiled Threats coming back has anything to do with the ally Campanella was talking about or not. That area has always been where that Cabal has been.” Shrugging, “I’ve always trusted Campanella, he’s never given me a reason to distrust him.” Was her judgement clouded? Did her feelings for him shine a different light on him? “Not sure if you’ve noticed, but I don’t play the whole political game. Part of the reason I left the Ladder. It might help with information, could be worth a shot. The other question is are you thinking of anyone else?” cause there were some she would be hesitant about in a Cabal.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow cocks her head. "They call it the Art of War for a reason." She shrugs. "But everyone sees beauty in different things."

Eyes narrow slightly, but there is an amused smile. "You can be very stubborn, Aurora." It's clearly not meant as an insult, and the expression softens slightly. "Fine. But do not suffer. You are not alone."

"Heirarch," she says simply. "It seems to be the only post that matters." She nods. "As have I. It is why I try to keep patrolling, watching. They may be leaving us alone, but the threat is not gone as some more naive people believe."

Phoenyx listens quietly. When Aurora finishes, she takes time before answering. "Campenella was skilled as Hierarch. I dislike politics as well. I think... consolidating some of the Concillium's most powerful magi in one place makes them be dangerous if they chose to be. I find Star impossible to understand, and that makes me... wary."

She pauses, and sips her water. "I have to admit I had not considered this fully. I wanted to test the waters." She thinks. "Naga perhaps? I am still waiting to see how Skye performs in the field. I know she can be... odd, socially, but I have seen the makings of a trustable ally in her. Provided she doesn't ask me out again," she adds primly.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging, “Not stubborn. Just don’t see my issues as being all that important to talk about.” Her suffering was hers and hers alone. “I don’t suffer, I let it fester, then call up my buddy and get in a suspension session. Helps clear my mind.” See, it was fine.

“Hierarch refused the job?” she was confused, though that could be the whiskey in her coffee. “I’ve never believed they’ve been done with what they did here. No structure leaves us open. And I’m more than happy to pick up some of the patrols.” Might be good for her.

“The thing with some of the most powerful being in one place is egos. And then if someone feels their pride has been hurt, it’s just downhill from there.” Was annoying. “Now Star is difficult to get a read on, but I believe his heart is in the right place. I was here when he arrived years upon years ago, and he just strikes me as a nice guy who isn’t afraid to point bullshit out. Some people like that, and some don’t.” shrugging.

Nodding, “I like Naga, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. And having talked with her more one on one, I get a good feel from her.” She liked the Ladder. “Now I’m weary of Skye. While I don’t mind people being outspoken, she takes it to a new level. And is a bit too,” a pause, “open, I guess, for my tastes. I can see her being reckless, and that concerns me.” Not someone she would want to be in a Cabal with.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Hmm. It sounded normal enough; that was what the Arrow usually did. Wasn't Aurora's point that your way doesn't work? She cocks her head. "Suspension session? You get suspended?"

"What? No. Hierarch is the job." She smiles. "Thank you. It's been easier with Skye, but there's a lot of ground to cover."

"Hmm." The Arrow doesn't sound completely convinced, but no longer presses the issue of the Veiled Threats. She nods in agreement to her assessment of Naga, and Skye. "Naga is respectful. I appreciate that. Your points on Skye are certainly valid. I am not sure either way yet, and would not demand she be a part of any Cabal... but I see potential. I am uncertain that she would be reckless, for example. Though I see a lot more of her than you." Tiny shrug.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread