Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Sanctum The Bush Beyond the Curtain - Page 2
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Bush Beyond the Curtain

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Watching Anima begin to do….something…she figures it’s best to open her eyes to the Spirits. And with the sudden prickly feel across her skin, she was guessing whatever he did, it worked.

Calling upon her own Arcana, she wills her eyes to open to the Spirits.

4 successes

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

spells
    Spirit Tongue, Rouse Spirit

<Very good friend. I have a message for Guardian Hedge. They have been visiting my Orange Tree, I request an audience.> His voice is unearthly, hollow, and raspy as he speaks in the tongue of spirits.

Anima smiles to Aurora after giving his message. "Now we wait, would you like some refreshments? I picked up a lovely Hazy IPA by Golden Road Brewery."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The spirit roused from the cellphone quivers as Anima relays his message. Then, with a burst of speed, the little entity spins in place before darting off down the street - in a very direct line that punches through the feeble ephemera of the buildings, hedges and gardens that block it's path.

I'll let your characters converse a little more before I jump back in

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Sitting down, hoping this wasn’t going to lead to some cranky Spirit who didn’t liked being bothered by them.

“Not used to waiting. Then again, then last Spirit I talked with was right in front of me. So curious to see how this plays out.”
    Good…or bad…time would tell.

“A Hazy IPA?”
    she asks, “Not familiar with that one, so I’d love one! Thanks!” always down for new beers. “So how’ve you been?”

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

spells
    spirit tongue, rouse spirit

the doctor gives a shrug, causing galaxies to contract and expand, as he moves to retrieve the brews. “Well enough I suppose. Worried. Stressed. Anxious. Hopeful. Dangers lurk, I fear many of our peers feel the problem taken care of when the spider they could see exploded. I’m afraid they didn’t know enough or could see enough to understand the fear they should have felt. That has kept me awake at night. Those creatures could sink their fangs into one of our, perhaps they couple possess one of us if one wasn’t aware or practiced enough to be able to guard against it.”
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She listens to his concerns. Not sure if she could give words of encouragement or not.

“Well, the spiders are still a problem. I saw them years ago, and here they are again. So to me, it’s obvious they aren’t going anywhere, and that we haven’t handled them. But when you can’t hear, speak and see Spirits, it’s easy to dismiss the issue as solved.” Shrugging, “That being said, I don’t think we have the information to fully rectify the situation yet. There is a lot we don’t know. And I think all we can do is advise our friends what to look out for.” She didn’t stay up worrying about such things. “If you keep worrying about what could be, you’ll make yourself sick and be unable to help if something does happen.”

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima listens thoughtfully, of course she's right, these are ageless issues. They've been here long before him and will remain long after.

"Of course, that's... of course. Well, this could be a good step towards my sleeping peacefully. If we can establish a positive relationships with some of the local spirits of note, we'll have an in-road to information beyond the gauntlet."

He smiles, setting to frosty pint glasses on the table, pouring the hazy pale ale into each. He offers the Master Shaman one taking the other himself and lifting it. "To information, the greatest weapon of wizards, mages, magicians, and shamans."
    Con Spells Cloaked

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Could always do what I do with I can’t sleep, have a drink.” Ok, so maybe she did that a bit too much. “I know all too well about sleepless nights.” It had been a problem for years, more than she could count. “Even if you establish a relationship, there is no reason for them to be honest. Truth be told, if you want to know what’s going on over there, cross over.” A shrug. “I’ve seen part of it, in a building some years ago, I don’t remember a whole lot. But perhaps if some of us crossed over, we go gauge the situation for ourselves.” Not that she was volunteering.

Accepting the glass, she lifts it as well, “To information.” Taking a sip of the beer, then nodding, “This is pretty good, nice pick.” Putting the glass on the table, “So have you used Spirits in this sense before?”

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

A blurry figure resolves into view: humanoid in shape, dressed in some sort of shirt and light coloured trousers. A buzzing swarm of insects further occlude the outlines of this figure as it strides towards them with a purpose. Twin gleaming points of red light cannot be denied, however, and they are fixed firmly on Anima

<By what power does the meat command the Realm?>

The entity speaks in a quiet voice, like the scent from cut graze wafting on the breeze in a lazy afternoon; at the edge of the entities speech, words seem to fade into vague and far off static: music, laughter, the distant siren song of an ice cream van.

This being is curious and addresses... well, Anima probably, but the body language is so lacking and the voice so inhuman it could just as easily be addressing Aurora

Both mages have their spells up, so they can both see and hear the spirit. It can obviously see them.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima nods along with Aurora's wisdom, then smirks at her suggestion. "Oh, but I have, that's why we're here today. I've found it's best to engage with Spirits when here though, rather than on their turf."

They drink, and he opens his mouth to answer when the otherworldly presence is upon them.

The Witch Doctor considers his words before responding, eyes flicking back to Aurora for a moment. <No command, only a request. I've been told you visit this area often. I've taken it under my protection, so I wished to know your nature and intention.>
    Con Spells Cloaked

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread