Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens silently. He had only been referring to Jack's persuasiveness and apparent agenda of advising Dirt Nap, repeatedly to conform more at Court to the social norms in particular when it came to showing disapproval for errors. He hadn't meant to speak of or even considered the possibility of Jack's using supernatural means to influence him. Far from threatening, Dirt Nap finds that possibility intriguing. But it's probably best not to explain any of that, this time at least.

He puts the apparent non-interference commitment from Jack towards the Dragons in his proverbial pocket next to the earlier statements about a positive intention towards the Order as a whole. Good to hear. Something to watch for, though this conversation would seem to be somewhat like an intention to 'interfere' at least a little. Best to think of it as Jack would rather not actively try to get the leadership changed by himself anyway.

Then comes the title talk. Would have been best not to bring that up, Dirt Nap thinks, in hindsight. He knew what he didn't know was much too vast and off his path of preferred learning for him to really pick up much of use in a single conversation anyway.

"Well, that's real good advice, as I believe I tend to get whenever I talk with you, sir." Dirt Nap says. "I think I have just called her 'Lady Twist'." Dirt Nap says, pondering. "Though I don't really recall her saying a lot of titles or offering any corrections or suggestions as to what to call her, at least in the one conversation we had at Court."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque pondered upon the response, "It is likely based on the viewed intention behind the words. That particular mistake would be more dramatic within the Covenant where we are taught and held accountable to upholding the etiquette, however for an outsider it is clear that you were attempting to be respectful." He chuckled quietly, "Her actual title is quite a mouthful and very easy for someone without the proper training to fumble."

Another plane makes its decent to the airport and the Lord traces its path, "In regards to your original question, I imagine it would be similar to if you were Prince and Mister Quilz were in his position today. For Covenant matters, he would still be the authority in Sacramento. This is the same for the Unconquered. Both recognize each other in their respective settings."

"Why do you ask?"

Blood Hunt:

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still and listening intently as Jack speaks.

When Jack asks why Dirt Nap is asking, he is quiet for a long time.

Then Dirt Nap says, "Well. The Prince is the Priscus for my clan. When I bumped into a newcomer, I was kind of stumped as to whether to tell him to act like she was the Priscus first, or the Prince. I went with The Prince, since that seemed the safest path to offer him. It does make it kind of tricky to figure sometimes, though. Makes me wonder if I oughta think about whether I should try for the job, and what I would do about it if I did."

"I'm not in any hurry about it though."
    Dirt Nap clarifies.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack nodded at the complex situation Dirt Nap outlined, "I can't claim to know what she'd prefer for clan matters. I understand your hesitancy, however, as the laws are clear that the Prince is not to be approached unsolicited." He tilts a hand with an air of indifference, "Have you considered reaching out to the Prince as your Priscus to address the question? It is a fair question when tradition conflicts with decorum."

He grinned at the prospect of Dirt Nap taking on the role, "That would certainly be an option. I'm certain she'd at least consider the offer depending on your approach. She does always have the option of redirecting the task to Seneschal Hart."

He shrugged, "Of course not. Time is always on our side."

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at Jack's observations.

"If you don't mind my asking, sir. What do you aim for? What I mean is, I pretty much have my cards out on the table; my study and learning is what I'm pretty much all about. That and trying as hard as I can not to hurt anyone too much." Dirt Nap says thoughtfully.

"You seem to have whatever kind of comforts someone could want; is it for studying?" He asks.

8. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"More or less. I've spent a very long time studying, learning and will continue to do so," he hums as he considers his answer. "I mentioned before that I sought to conquer the Beast. I'm still compelled to chase that goal even as many have tried and failed for generations of Kindred."

He picked his glass back up to sip and ponder, "Much like your ladders within the Ordo, our Kindred society in general likes to play gatekeeper to various pockets of information. It becomes a necessity to be politically charged to ensure you have the proper influence to open the right doors." A hand waves flippantly in the air as he adds, "Or, at least be in good with the right people. That's in short why I choose to play the game. I want to one night revel in an existence that knows no locked doors when it comes to knowledge and progressing our kind forward."

"Perhaps my visions for the future are seeded in naivety, but I understand it will be a very long time before I break down some of those critical barriers." He smiled as he stares out into the distance, musing about his perfect world.

Blood Hunt:

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens, nodding slightly when Jack mentions conquering the Beast. He remains perfectly still and focused on Jack for the rest of the time that Jack is speaking.

Then, when Jack finishes, Dirt Nap is silent for a long moment.

"So...the influence...is towards conquering the Beast?" Dirt Nap ponders. "Makes sense, I suppose; my trail sure has had a lot to twists and turns along the way." He admits. "I get to wondering, what you mean exactly by, 'conquer'? I guess it's aimed higher than just being able to end a frenzy whenever I need to...maybe more than just your own Beast? Conquering other people's too? I've learned about ways to shut down someone else's frenzy too--not that I can do it just yet; it's tricky and risky--and stir one up too."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shakes his head, "It is towards gathering useful information towards that goal." He shrugged lightly at his followup question, "The short answer is that when I bargained for this gift I was arrogant enough to think I could take all of the benefits and cure myself of it." Another sip of his drink before he murmurs, "I still chase that goal, to an extent."

He smiled, "Selfish as it may sound, my own first. It would be dependent on the extent of my success, where I would go from there. As I understand it, even a Dragon risks everything just to do their work successfully."

He mused at the potential, "That could be a useful tool. Is that something you plan to pursue?"

Blood Hunt:

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well." Dirt Nap says a few, long minutes after Jack has spoken.

"I had a fella ask me about the Dragons one time." Dirt Nap says abruptly, as if sharing some interesting but minor incident of the day.

"I tried to discourage him, which is my way. I don't want anyone coming in thinking it's a thing you do if you can live without it, 'cause it can end you."

"He said he wanted more than anything to control his Beast." Dirt Nap says. "I let him know, that, sure the Dragons know a way to do that, if you live through the Change."

"But I told him that the way of animals, talking to them and controlling them, if you learn it good enough, can control your Beast too. It's not so cut and dried as the Dragon way, but it isn't going to kill you trying to learn it neither."

Dirt Nap looks at Jack. "I'd like to learn the knack for moving quick like. I'd figure, you'd either know it or have someone who does, who owes you a favor. If you don't already know the way of controlling beasts, I'd be willing to show you."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah yes," Jacque recalls, "That particular method of controlling animals is something that is familiar to some of my cousins." He shrugs his shoulder, "Unfortunately that would make it an uneven trade, if I even possessed the skill you seek. It is an interesting prospect, but my original goal wasn't so much as taming the beast."

He paused before he added, "Still, it might be worth looking into down the line. It never hurts to know all angles of the foe." He shook his head, "I might be respected in Sacramento, but it takes a lot of familiarity to know those kinds of details about other Kindred. We do enjoy our secrecy after all." He tilted a hand over in a gesture of offering, "If you're determined, I'd start such a search with a Daeva or Shadow." He grinned, "An outreach to Archon Twist would be my choice, if not simply for her tenure."

Blood Hunt:

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread