Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Grabbing the last of the things from the trailer, Horatio takes a moment to ponder. "Well, I guess that will be my next agenda after my current to-do list then. My next coil will be of the blood but afterwards it will be onto the flesh. We'll need to upgrade the library some more and the basement." He grabs the boxes labeled Daemon and continues on to the house. Once in the room he starts opening and putting stuff away to their places into furniture or onto furniture. He then begins to black out the windows and reinforces them with some stuff out a box.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, acknowledging Horatio's words at least. "How far do you want to go with the Blood, Sir?" He asks, curious. "Myself, I only ever planned to get as far as to only need animal blood no matter how long I am around. My first order of business was to get the Coil of the Beast, to control a frenzy." He explains.

"If you don't mind my asking, speaking of the previous leader of the Covenant, she didn't much like how it looked, me living out in the Barrens instead of here, practically like I was banished or somewhat. She felt it wouldn't reflect well on the Dragons. Can I ask what you think about that, Sir? Would you like me to live here, or on the grounds at least, instead of roaming all over the Barrens?"

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

"That was my stopping point as well." He chuckles as he thinks on the next question. "To be frank, I would like for you to be here but I respect your decision on where you deem to lay your head." Horatio is now heading to library to put those in their spots. He pauses with a book in hand, a great old tome on a obscure dynasty of ancient Egypt. "But, I do see how that would look bad or reflect poorly on the order. It is your decision, I wouldn't want to force you into something though. If I must, due to appearances, I would say at least on the grounds that way you'll have this mailing address at least." He puts the book into a spot onto a shelf of the library and turns to Dirt Nap with a smile. "Plus Daemon and me would like the company."

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens to Horatio. He is interested to hear that Horatio too is studying the Coils of the Blood for the purpose of Changing to only need animal blood for sustenance and not primarily to increase the pool of power available to them. Horatio doesn't seem at all reluctant to feed on humans, so perhaps this is with a mind to prepare for the time when human blood alone would not have been enough. He would have thought a warrior wouldn't think so long term. Apparently, he would have been mistaken, not for the first time.

He nods, "Yes Sir. I will make it a point to maintain a room here in the house, and spend my nights on the grounds at least." Dirt Nap says. He doesn't really care for the idea of in effect training Horatio's dog to be able to smell him out in his various animal forms, and makes a note not to be around the dog in any form but his own as much as he can help it.

"If you don't mind, could I ask another question, Sir? When you agreed to teach me the discipline of Auspex--and thank you again for that, I am mighty pleased to be learning it--you said something about maybe learning some from me in return. I noticed you don't Mask your Beast. If it's not to personal, could I ask if that is by choice? I learned how from one of the same Clan as you, so I thought it would be something you already learned." Dirt Nap explains.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio taps a book as he thinks on an answer to this, or how to phrase it really.
    "You know how some families have offshoots, like for instance Canines? Wolves, dogs, coyotes, and so on? Well, I am a offshoot of the Mekhet, I am a Khaibit. A separate bloodline with the Mekhet as a parentage or Genus per say. I can claim the shadows as my clan but I am different, I do not share all their qualities, such as the ability to hide with the blood." He looks to Dirt Nap to see if he understood. "Does that help explain some things about me?"

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods. "Yes Sir. I believe I understand. Would you like to claim the learning of the first parts of the Obfuscate discipline as my Boon? I only know enough to hide small things and to Mask." He offers.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

"Yes, I would. It would help with people dealing with me and give a tactical advantage later on, combined with my other ability it would be a tremendous combo."

Horatio puts the book up and stares at the next one for a minute. "You know, Khaibit means shadow in Ancient Egyptian, which I have seen and felt as a true name, more so than the Mekhet nickname. I have seen those of my blood control the very heart of darkness itself and it was no illusion, he stepped into one shadow and walked out another in a new spot further away. Sometimes, it's scary what our blood can allow us to do." He looks up from the book. "I am sorry, I digress. The discipline would be fine to learn at your leisure and I shall teach Auspex to you when you want."

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well, I can make it my priority to teach you and to learn just the same, Sir. It's not a Coil, but the Mask is something that people would notice." Dirt Nap says.

"It's interesting too, it seems to me that the more powerful, older ones seem to appreciate the peace of it being on the ones they have to deal with the most."

Dirt Nap is quiet for a moment, perhaps thoughtful. Then he says, "I have to say thank you, Sir. I am right eager to learn Auspex. If you were up for it, I'd like to start as soon as I could."

I'd been hoping they are started already! I am wanting to get Auspex 1 and 2 in the next couple months if possible. I definitely want to get it into continuity that the lessons have begun!

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio sets another book on a shelf. "Sure, we can arrange a time if you want."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap manages a rare, if slight smile. "Thank you Sir." He says. "And if it suits you, to keep things interestin', I could show you the little I know of Obfuscate at the same time, kinda alternating, so to speak."

Dirt Nap looks fairly content as he carefully follows Horatio's directions with putting the books in the library.

This has been great! I am fine to continue if you had anything further, or to close if this is a good point to get it into continuity. Either way, thank you very much for the fascinating scene!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread