Ended
Watch

Season's Greetings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    M
    Maks Bortsov

Maks nods his head again, his face unchanging but the rumbling voice seeming at ease, the tension gone from it. “Long term yes. Am looking for home. Been long time since I left the Repub-,” seeming to recognize his slip, he growls, the noise a deep but soft roar in his throat. “Since I left Russia.”

A
    Armand Csaszar

"Smokey is fine. Good, even." Armand knows. He can still pick up the traces of smoke his Mantle produces. Of all the things he's endured, the seasoning of burning wood has never bothered him.

"And please, it's Armand. Mr. Csaszar is my father."
    He lets out a light chuckle and reaches for the bottle to pour himself a glass. After an initial sip, with some audible light clicks of his tongue, he nods. "Good stuff. Would really keep you warm on a cold night."

Unaware of what, exactly Mr. Bortsov corrected himself for, Armand makes a mental note of the man's brevity. The Ogre is a man of few words, to be sure, but he's going to be around for a while. Long enough to pry more out of him. Which, of course, Armand would do. Spend as much time as he has getting to know the enemy, and you'd shoot yourself for not doing the same for a sworn ally.

His glass settles back gently on the table before giving his own answer. "Really depends, friend. I'm looking for family. Distant relative." Two generations or so, to be accurate. But that isn't something he dare utter now. Putting it to words would likely curse him - and her - to a terrible fate. So he quickly changes the subject. "We'll pay-by-ear for now. Sound good?" Warmth returns to his jagged smile.

He raises his glass again in Bortsov's direction. "You're not having anything? I had a friend who didn't drink, once. Bad luck. He fell on his own grenade." A brow quirks in unspoken challenge.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram lumbered down the street. He’d spent the day looking for work without much success. He’d been told construction clean-up and demolition might be a good fit but he hadn’t had any luck so far. Having an ID might have helped but right now he was having trouble just finding places, whether they paid below the counter or not. He’d never had to search for a job before, that he could remember, and wasn’t sure how one went about it probably; much less illegally.

He had ended up downtown eventually. Seen a couple help wanted but they always wanted more personnel information than he could give or turned him away at his (admittedly blunt) questions about being paid cash for… reasons.

He was exhausted from the heat and social interactions, so he turned into the nearest bar without realizing how hoity toity it was. The stares of couple patrons and staff almost made him turn around when he saw the group of changelings in a side booth. Maybe this was his lucky day after all.

He approached, accidentally bumping a table and several chairs with people in the them, before arriving at the booth. It garnered some annoyed grumbling but no one complained too loudly around someone that looked like could rip them apart.

“Hey umm,” he wasn’t certain exactly what to say and the spine-tingling breeze and smell of smoke wasn’t helping put him at ease “I’m,” Ram cleared some gravel from his throat “herm, here... I’m looking to join the club.” He felt kinda dumb standing there. “Are you guys a part of it?”
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Hmm."

The Autumn King glanced from one to the other. The Ogre was clearly of few words, which always made such things... Slow, in Rhodes' experience. Still. Armand was engaging enough. "I understand how that is. Many of us seek out... family, if we've been away a long time. I wish you luck."

At the unannounced guest, the Director's mantle flared wildly with a blast of fozen wind that no mortal would feel, and his eyes narrowed a fraction. This was not as planned. He could hear the clash of swords and the pepper of weapons fire. His face, however turned back into his charming smile. "Oh really?" He looked to his expected guests. "Friend of yours, perhaps?" A small sigh. "No matter. The plans of men are naught but playthings to the winds of Fate...." He sighed, a little melodramatically. "I may have to do this slightly differently, then. Sit." The offer is more barbed than the previous one.

"Let's start like civilised people, shall we?" The Flowering said, staring pointedly at the newcomer. "Introductions. My name is Rhodes. I am the Director of our local chapter, and..." rule? "...Manage, during the fall season. I suppose it is fortunate that you encountered me here, as these gentlemen are also looking to join."

Would it have troubled you to arrive sixty seconds earlier, blast it all? I am not made of Pledges. I suppose I will have to put my faith in the stone, and that these gentlemen will not accuse me of such double standards.... Still. At least it makes a control group, and it's been a while I have needed the silver tongue....

He looked back to the second Ogre, the unknown one. "And you are?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

M
    Maks Bortsov

Maks shook his head to Rhodes’ question. Though he was an Ogre, the behemoth had not seen the newcomer before.

Turning to Armand, he spoke, “They do not have the brand I like. My friends, ve knew to avoid grenades.”

A
    Armand Csaszar

Its becoming a regular party, isn't it? The second unexpected giant would set Armand on edge, but at this point? Nothing surprises him. People are Wyrd like that. But being a newcomer, himself, Armand holds off on the 'what club are we talking about' comment and lets the resident ruler handle it. If he actually can handle it. Him. Rhode's question on if they knew each other only earns a shrug and an I-have-no-idea smile.

"Hey, let's hope so! Get too many friends who can't avoid grenades and you won't have have too many left."
    He grins and brings the drink back up for another sip. Mr. Borstov either has a sense of humor under all that muscle or he's got some stories of his own to tell. Armand will have to learn what brand is the right brand to get it out of him.

Returning his attention to the other​ Ogre, the Drudge waits for an answer.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

You could almost hear the barbed words bounce off as Ram seems almost to dive for the seat with a grin, just happy to have found some Freehold representative after a day long string of failures. There’s an alarming sound of wood creaking and possibly splintering a bit.

“I’m Ram,” he said holding a hand across the table to shake, while managing to knock the shaker off the table, knocking off the top and spilling it on the floor.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

If one cannot control all, maintain the illusion of control. The Dread Lord took in the shrug, and noted the tense nature of Bortsov.

Testy sort, isn't he. Well, to each their own.

Rhodes took the offered hand and shook it firmly, though made no note of the unsettled shaker. His skin is cool to the touch.

"Well then. Let's coner some basics, shall we? I realise you have all been out of the country for some time. Since getting back, it seems you have all found a raison d'etre of your own, which always makes me more comfortable." He gestures to the pin of a fanciful mirror on his lapelle. "We are a smaller populace than many. We have found we have to work closerly, build foundations of trust, and we cound on this for our mutual protection from those that would do us harm."

"Additionally, history has shown populations within Sacramento fluctuate through the year - people continue to be somewhat transient - despite their intent - making records on a populace difficult. Not only that, We have found a large amout of problems getting a formal contract agreed on a wider scale - however we have a small way around it. In terms of requirements, we ask little - discretion, respect of and adherence to our traditional systems, to stand with us when those that wish us hard make their moves. Nothing... reinforced or formally obligated - simply expectations. If these terms are amenable, then we have an accord." Rhodes reaches down to his side and brings up a fine black leather briefcase, which he lays flat on the table. "Inside here there is a precious artifact of our domain. Simply touch it, and you will be considered a part of us."

He looks around carefully, to make sure they are not observed, and turns the case so it will open facign the walls. Then, he flicks the catches. Embedded within is a perculary item, several inches across, bothe stone and het not, gently moving, twisting, and pulsing. Moving like blood and stone, the red of the moving mass, mesmerizing in contrast to the black-green of the solid rock grit binding it.

The Director smiles, and gestures to the stone, lowering his voice considerably to only just above a whisper. "A Wyrdstone. Very rare, very precious. It identifies those that are enemies, and lets me know who is in our membership. That is all."

He looks expectantly. "Quickly please. I'd rather have this open only a short time."

Once the stone is touched your changelings will be fully acknowledged as memebers of the Freehold!

We can keep the scene going obviously, but this will be the defining point that recognises you as members
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

9. Likes Shane liked this post
    M
    Maks Bortsov

Maks observed the stone, feeling the energies affect the air around them. He took a deep breath, crossed his arms and the lights that were his eyes went out as he became absorbed in thought, leaving two dark abysses. ‘He is putting trust by putting out a stone. This vone, he is interesting. Vorth trusting for now. Our enemies shall not harm them vhile I am here.’ The icy lights flickered back on, dancing lightly in the sockets. He reached out one rocky hand and laid a massive finger onto the stone.

A
    Armand Csaszar

Armand lets out a nervous laugh and moves to pick up and right salt shaker. "Careful, guy." He gives Ram a disarming smile.

The Drudge nods thoughtfully, playing with his beard a bit and smelling his drink. Not an easy city, then. Or too many nomads. He's been one himself for so long... hard to imagine settling down.

He waits for the first giant to reach for the stone, then does so, himself. His brown eyes twinkle almost hungrily when he sees the stone. Enough to make him draw his hand back partway to touching it. He lets out a nervous chuckle to no one in particular, and seals the deal. Sitting back again, he makes room enough for Ram to have a turn.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread