Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

The man was an admitted non-socialite but he also knew the terrain better than JC. Plus “Sounds like good advice. I can hold off for a week or two to be introduced,” he replied “Just need to know how far out IS out.” If the local Prince or Archbishop or whatever was Gangrel, the domain could potentially extend further into wilderness than normal.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods. Nice to be dealing with a man who could be reasonable. Nice and somewhat rare.

"Okay, well." He says, pondering for a long moment. "If you've a mind to, I can show you to an area. I'd understand if you didn't want to trust me that far. It's not meant to be a test or anything, and my appetites are more simple than many if not most folks. If you are up for it, I will play host as far as that goes with my simple ways. If you go it alone, then it's probably best if you make for another town entirely for a while. Davis is far enough for sure." He suggests. "I'm of the opinion that I owe you a bit more trust and information, seeing as you are fixing to stay a while. Either way, I can give you a number you can call to reach me, but allowing some time for me to be in the right situation to answer. "

Dirt Nap is silent for a long minute and then says, "C.J. stands for 'Jordan Clayton'. I do business with that name, but I go by 'Dirt Nap' for anything important." He says. "I don't have much use for cars or vehicles; I tend to prefer getting around by more natural seeming means. Likewise, I stay in different spots each night, comfortable sleeping with no roof over my head." He says. "As to the local community, there's strong leadership, and things are real stable, which is much to my liking personally as it allows me to get a lot of studying done. I know I wouldn't seem like it, but I am a Scholar of sorts."

Dirt Nap stops speaking abruptly as if he never meant to talk as much as that. He stares at J.C. and only the passage of time indicates that he's not intending to speak again unless J.C. does first.

4. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“I’ll probably head to Davis,” it was only 10 or so miles out of town “But I appreciate the offer.” Which he did, even if the trust wasn’t there just yet. On either side probably. “Maybe after the big get together we can do some exploring together?” he suggested.

“Thanks for the number but I’m not sure I’ll have easy phone access for a bit. I’ll give a call if I do.” Assuming he could find something resembling a phone he could stay nearby on a regular basis within a week. Gangrel were more suited to being homeless and broke than most vampires but that mean it did’t come with disadvantages.

“James Calvin,” he wondered if 'Jordan' had had the same idea as him “No car either and tend to sleep with no roof too, though I suspect less comfortably than you.” A talent he should learn one night.

JC smiled a bit at the Scholar bit, though he noticed the pause afterwards. “I’m not with any group but I know most people probably don’t think of people like us being scholars,” he offered almost as an affirmation. JC allowed the moment to hang for a couple seconds, listen for a response before continuing.

“Thanks for all your help but I need to get going if I want to make it to Davis by tomorrow and find a place to sleep.” It felt sad to have to leave, the part that wanted to stay and talk. To not be alone. A human part. He promised it he would come back in a week. It could wait a week right? Because the threat of dawn would not wait that long.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods almost immediately, relatively speaking, for him that is.

"Well. That sounds like something I would be willing to do." He allows. "Exploring that is. Davis is probably the best choice for now." He agrees.

He doesn't comment on the admission of not being in a group.

"It's just as well, if people don't expect me to be a scholar. I'm likely to disappoint anyone who does, as I'm generally not the kind of scholar they would expect." Dirt Nap 'explains' somewhat cryptically.

"Well. If you are heading out on foot, it's a hike alright." Dirt Nap agrees. "That way." He points the direction presumably towards Davis. "By the way, I misspoke before, I go by 'Clayton Jordan Carter' in full, just for the business card. 'Clay' works best, if Dirt Nap doesn't suit."

He pauses and then says, "See you when it's time. The place to go is called, The Nox Populi. It's in the yellow pages, but it's only usually there, not always. Best to call me first, and I can let you know the exact night and where if it's different."

Loving the scene! Let me know tho if you want to wrap up at any point. I am not in any hurry, but I am of course fine whenever you are ready to Close the thread.

Also, just FYI Had you seen this handy collection of linked wiki entries on the how the site handles this venue? http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...d-expectations

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC listened and nodded attentively, cocking his head slightly at the ‘disappointment’ comment. Natural inclination prodded him to prod about it but he held his questions for now.

Looking towards the direction CJ pointed, he knew he had a hike ahead. And possibly a swim. Was the river in that direction? He couldn’t remember off hand. Either way, the sooner he started the safer he’d be. However, something stopped him from going just yet.

“You… feel like walking towards Davis?” he asked. The Beast part of him didn’t care but he’d be glad of the company.

We can keep going �� I’ll make sure to close it before court.
    I’d read through most of it, though I assumed some of it I don’t know IC, like no boons for acknowledgement thing.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap watches in silence. Then nods, "You know what? Now that you mention the possibility, I believe I do feel like a walk at that." He remarks, a little surprised. "I haven't gone for a serious walk in a while, not since I developed...alternatives." He chuckles. "It'd do me good at that, I suspect."

He looks at J.C. "Are you getting around on your own feet entirely then? You walked here from other parts?" Dirt Nap asks softly.

Walking is better than running, when it's an option.

Dirt Nap looks off into the night, facing in the direction he had indicated before as if he's gauging the wind and weather.

"About a four hour walk, I'd reckon. If we don't stop anywhere along the way." He ventures.

Oh, sure! I'm find with taking the scene up to the end of the month at least; I misunderstood when IC spoke of moving on due to the coming of morning. I thought you wanted to close the scene, because we don't generally change locations without starting a new scene at the new location.

11. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Mostly on foot, yes. Occasionally by bus when I can get the money. Never by hitch hiking though not from lack of trying.” JC liked to think he didn’t seem threatening but no one had stopped for him yet. Maybe they thought he was a serial killer looking for a victim. They would only be half right. “Hid in the bed of a truck once. That was kind of freaky.” Between not knowing the destination for sure and risk of discovery, it wasn’t something he intended to do again soon.

“Four hours sounds about right, though I'd say five just to be safe. Gotta admit, I’m a little jealous that I don’t have your alternatives,” he said with a half smile as he turned and started toward the Barrens at a medium pace. “How is it? I mean… what’s it like?” What person hadn’t imagined being able to fly after all?

Ah, I get it. We can remain in the park then, traveling through it as part of the scene.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods. Sounds like "J.C." traveled without caring much where he ended up. He could see how J.C. might end up in Sacramento without knowing the name or place to be acknowledged.

"Shush now. It's a bad habit to talk crazy talk out in the open, if you don't have to." Dirt Nap sub-vocalizes. "Now. If I could do things like that, it might be surprising that the feeling, the rush wasn't there. It could be that I can't much feel anything that isn't just like a echo of something, some feeling from before. Kinda like if you lose your taste, and can't taste anything new, but you mind wants things to have a taste, so everything tastes like chicken now." He explains.

"If that was a story or picture show or something, it would just feel a lot like riding around in a car, or maybe a motorcycle; just a better way of getting around without having to take care of anything or send payments to anyone."

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC had to chuckle at bit at the ‘crazy talk’. Not that he didn’t understand the importance of the Masquerade. “I’ve had my fair share of talk with people that have mental illness within the homeless community. Hallucinations, drug experiences, synesthesia. I only meant to ask about overall feelings.” Though you wouldn’t always think that was no big deal from the way mortal AND Kindred society often regarded it. “Don’t feel, like you have to answer. I’m just being curious.” Could have passed for a Mekhet the way he asked uncomfortable questions out of habit sometimes.

He listened as Dirt Nap described the experience. He could empathize. “Does it bother you? That experience of having echoed feelings?” He’d heard other Kindred talk about but rarely in detail. He had his own knowledge of how he felt yet he hadn’t come to the same conclusion.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at JC's explanation, not doing or saying anything to soften his expression of extreme caution about the Masqerade.

He chuckles too when JC asks him if it bothers him, to feel things as an echo of a human instead of like he's having new experiences.

"Well now, I guess it's time for some crazy talk of my own. The thing is, it doesn't bother me a bit. I believe an echo is what I am, so it's only right that my feelings show it. I remember a life, and I believe it's not me that lived it, and just like an echo, I believe it gets a little more soft and a little less easy to hear every time it, until it just fades away." Dirt Nap muses.

He chuckles again. "Thing is, I aim to stretch that time out as far as it will go, and do whatever I can to hold on as long as I can, so no, it doesn't bother me at all; it's what I am aiming for. I might only be an echo of something original and better, but I can work to be the most faithful echo I can."

18. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread