Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Criminal Intent:Scene of the Crime

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Minutes tick by. A vehicle sporting an Uber sticker picks up the couple, taking them away. A few people trail out of the door and depart. The predators are aware that people are present. Twice two lone kine walk your way down the alley and then pause. They are near enough to the group to hear their phone conversation. These people are near enough to hear normal spoken conversation.

Within five minutes the two humans move away from the four and out of sight.

This is not a quiet secluded spot, driven home by the Breach that had occurred earlier tonight. As minutes tick by, the press of time is real. The investigation to find the photographer is time sensitive and time is getting away from you. A YouTube video could be edited and loading online by now. Photographs could be uploading or shared across the web.

What do you do to investigate the scene? There's a dented dumpster in the middle of the alley. Long shadows stretch over the dumpster. Crime scene tape had blocked the dumpster off earlier. The tape is torn and now hangs, fluttering. Peices of paper and trash litter the ground of the alley. You can't identify clues at any distance, you will have to be clear where your character moves to.

Where could the photographer have stood to get a good look at the Breach? Perhaps something was left behind...

Describe the actions that your character takes precisely. Where do they look? Do they look at the business cards and trash in the floor? Is Horatio's dog kept from the scene? I need an investigation roll from everyone who investigates. Remember that studying the scene takes time: you could do an extended roll up to 5, but be aware that this costs time.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable whispered to Horatio about the woman with the curls watching Dirt before saying, "You are such a gentleman. Thank you. I think I'm ok now. I must have slipped of some of this trash." Mable picked up some of the trash around her.

Mable nods at Edward, she will shadow with him. "I also may be able to get into the morgue with my city connections." Mable suggested quietly.

"Before we head out to a new bar can someone get rid of this for me? I'd like to run into the restroom and wash my hands if we have time." She looked at Edward.

NOTE: If he says they don't have time she will ask for a handkerchief to wipe her hands. If he decides they do have time, she will go back into the bar and go to the ladies room and see if the woman is still in the bar or ladies room.

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Everyone give me a wits + investigation roll. This is extended to three to ten success, one roll requires ten minutes of activity. I suggest some investigation occur as clues are here. Mabel needs to make this role before I know if she's had success. Some ideas for how to proceed can be found in examinating a crime scene p 59- 60 in WOD book. One idea is an intelligence + science roll by the dumpster.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio nods and goes to grab Daemon for a investigation of the scene. ”I’ll start with a general grid pattern search, and then we’ll focus on the areas that stand out from the initial search.” He starts with a grid search of the alley, searching square by square. Anything of note he puts a cigarette near as a marker. He goes from one end of the alley to a little pass the dumpster, trying to throw a wide net and see what catches. He hopes that the man maybe lived nearby and we can track him there, if not then tracking a vehicle will take a while or maybe left a electronic that is traceable.
    3 successes

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump White "Bump" this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

2 successes

9. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "I'll keep away from the other animal, Sir." He says to Horatio.

Dirt Nap goes back into the deepest part of the alleyway, moving to where he can't be seen or observed by anyone, and then shape changes into a coyote. Then he carefully keeps away from the dog, Daemon, but thoroughly searches by scent and sight for any trace of the victim and the attacker and for the scent of the photographer who was spoken of. He will trace out the trail of each of these, to plot out their movements and form a mental map of where each was in relation to the other while they were in the alley, and where the photographer in particular came from and went to outside the alleyway.

Dirt Nap also notes traces of nearby animals that he may proceed to call to and interrogate using his Discipline of Animalism (NOTE: He only has two dots, so he can't summon a large number from the area and can only speak with and control those he can see or smell around there).

2 successes

2 successes

11. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

As Horatio looks about, he spots several interesting bits on the ground. After consulting a few various business cards and drink coupons from the bar, he hits pay dirt- a card mentioning the name that was said during the Breach: Rosario! It is on a business card that states Rosario Small, Artist 112 Market Street Studio B Sacramento, and a working phone number. The email is Rsmall@artsource.com

Mabel, Dirt Nap, and Horatio notice there is little blood on the scene. @Mabel finds a piece of torn cloth from what seems to be a womans' shirt from the fine, sheer quality of the material.
    Dirt Nap discovers that there is a little blood smeared on one all, away from the dumpster. It's too small of a smear to get a sample for testing. The second piece of torn material is underneath the dumpster and looks like a woman's shirt. It matches what Mabel has found. There is a strand of hair on the shirt if someone could study it in a better light, the color could be found.
    Dirt Nap recalls meeting a woman who had been wearing a torn shirt earlier in the night.
    The Animalism Gift yields results: Dirt Nap locates a stray cat that eats out of the dumpster, and a couple of rats that prowl around for food when the cat isn't around. They recall a fight between two predators before they fled (animals consider vampires to be Predators due to their Beasts). All of them refer to a bum, 'Food stealer' and he was not one of the predators in the fight. Dirt Nap now knows a bum frequents this dumpster...

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

The Dragons seemed to have a plan, so gave the affirmative to Mable's question. "After you dearest," Edward half-smiled, getting back in character.

Edward returns (with Mable?) to the bar, scanning the bar for the woman he saw before, and presumably waiting for Mable to return from the washroom.

2 successes

15. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable takes out an earring and palms it before going in. "I'll just check the restroom, my love." She says before she parts from Edward.

Once in the restroom Mable starts looking for the missing earring. She occasionally touches the ear with an earring to make sure it was still there. She checks all the stalls (including the little boxes for tampons), waiting for anyone who needs to leave it first of course. then around and under the sink and finally in the trash.

She pretends to find the earring. Goes over to the sink washes the earring and her hands then puts the earring back in. "Thank goodness I found that, I would have felt naked all night."

1 success

If anyone is in the room she will start a friendly conversation as she fixes her her bra to make sure everything is tucked in and looks enticing, "Pretty good crowd here tonight." She says brightly.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio checks the card over in his hand and decides to give the number a call. He pulls his phone out and dials the number on the card. He lets it ring until someone answers or a voicemail picks up. If no answer then he tries the E-mail on the card.
    While waiting on the phone, Horatio will use the light on the phone to examine the hair if possible, putting the phone call on speakerphone to accomplish this feat.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread