Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Criminal Intent:Scene of the Crime

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap approaches, nodding and greeting each in turn with, "Ma'am," "Sir," and "Sir."

He nods again at Edward's suggestion, and says, "It's a fine alley. I've just been there. I'm not drinking tonight, but thank you kindly. I'd be glad to head out with you all though."

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The crowd is normal: pulsing, dancing and drinking. Yet just on the edge of the dance floor is a pretty brunette woman with long curled hair. She and her dance partner were in rhythm. Edward was about to glance away when her eyes tick back to watching Dirt Nap.
    Dark eyes take in who Dirt Nap approaches. Then she turns around and dances in time with her partner.

(pretend this is Seryna account. I always screw up on mobile)
    Last edited by Jennifer Hazelton; Jul 19th, 2020 at 12:15 AM.  Reason for Edit: Blah

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm great," Mable said to Horatio.

"Geesh," Mable exclaimed, "You boys and your filthy habits. I'll join you just to nag you about tasting like an ashtray." Mable jokes with Edward.

"Hi Clay, it's great to see you again. Glad to run into you here. I am ready to go pick up the horses and was wondering if we could make a date to do that soon?"

"Sorry, I am so focused on business and tonight is supposed to be a night out and away from work."

She leans over and hugs Edward, hoping he would forgive her later. "Everything ok?" She whispers before planting a kiss on his cheek.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio pulls out his pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and rattles them. "Yes, that sounds like a plan. The alley does seem perfect for a smoke break." Horatio clinks his glass to Edward's and finishes his drink. He orders another old fashioned and takes out a cigarette and turns back with his new drink. "Ready when you folks are."

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward betrays no reaction to the caught glance, instead of laughing at Dirt Naps greeting while doing his utmost to memorize the face, "damn man, we're not in the office; you can use our names."

2 successes

He mock staggered back at Mable's joke, "you wound me, madam!" flashing another boyish grin, "do I sound like Clay yet?"

And then the brief embrace. Physical contact with a superior Beast was far from fun, but he returned the embrace after only a mild tightening of the jaw and slight reflexive step back. He took the proximity with her ear to whisper: "Hostile eyes on Clayton from a brunette with curls."

When they were apart, he spoke with normal volume: "or maybe it's an Ex. You a heartbreaker, Clay? No no, tell me about it over a smoke." He pulled out some fresh bills, covering the drinks, "y'all can grab the next round. The alley calls."

Edward leads the group out. Sweeping the alley for eavesdroppers before speaking.

failure

Assuming there is nobody he notices and he is not otherwise interrupted: "The first Tradition was broken here. Frenzy led one of us to be indiscrete, a young white woman with brown hair. A photographer was present, a black man. The woman called out 'Rosario' as the man fled."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap seems on edge and uncomfortable in the crowded, loud club. He abruptly stops and stares for a long moment at two dancers, one woman in particular, obviously staring at the brunette beyond all propriety.

Trained Observer vs up to -3 for distractions.
    4 successes

"Oh." Dirt Nap says when Mable speaks to him. "Ma'am, I suppose we could do that any night you like. I can set it up for tomorrow if you like, Ma'am." He nods agreeably, though still seeming on edge.

He looks most agreeable to his superior's words as Horatio agrees to leave.

Dirt Nap shrugs slightly at Edwards laugh and reproach for his formality, or anonymity in the club. "Sorry, Sir. I don't much feel relaxed in a crowd, and you know the saying, three's a crowd, for me at least." He says, his apology sounding sincere if perhaps unrepentant. He looks relieved when they turn to leave and eagerly heads outside.

Dirt Nap ignores the joke about a romantic interlude being the reason for the brunette watching him. He prefers to be overlooked and underestimated, so the joke at his expense is actually a little relaxing. The woman having been watching him just the opposite. It makes him want to be far away as soon as possible and in a manner that he would be confident he wasn't followed. Still he's not here for pleasure or at his own idea. The man called him and said it was a matter of Domain security. That deserves showing up somewhere he would rather not be at the least.

When Edward gives some background information, Dirt Nap listens, stares at Edward first. Then at the alley, wondering who died while realizing it's probably the least of their concerns. He is silent, waiting for the others to ask their questions and listening for the answers, and most of all, for the goal that they are most in a hurry to reach.

Jennifer Hazelton

Dirt Nap noticed that a brunette with curls were staring at him from the dance floor while the four predators connected with believable banter.
    The group relocates out to the alley.

No one exits the door for a moment, then a couple exit. They stumbled a bit, supporting one another as they walk up the opposite end of the alley. One dials a phone and states the club name and another address: arranging a ride home. Responsible drinking in action. They don't glance in the direction of the four Kindred. The four are now in sight of kine, however.

The brunette is nowhere to be seen. Edward does recall that this alley has been a hot spot- the tape and dented dumpster prove a crime happened here.
    He recalls how Mr. Kowalsic had arranged for his ghouls to handle the body involved in the Breach.
    The body was now in a morgue. Perhaps there was evidence on the body...

There's likely evidence here at the scene of the crime. Evidence identifying who committed the crime. Especially with who the masquerade enforcer suggested a pillar of the first estate.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable touches Edward's cheek playfully, "He calls me Ma'am not madam. And it makes me feel old." She gives a little pout. She whispers before they leave, "Do you want her followed?"

Mable considers heading to the ladies room to see what happens but follows the men outside.

"Clay, I think tomorrow sounds like a perfect time. I'm really excited to get started adding more animals to the farm."

Once out side Mable sees the couple phoning for a ride. She lets out a yelp, "Damn heels. I twisted my ankle." She reaches down and rubs her ankle.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio hears the talk of Dirt Nap having romantic interlude, concludes that he may have a fan from the conversation. He follows the rest out to the alley. When outside, Horatio decides that they may need some nose power and extra pair of eyes. Before Horatio can sneak off to his Jeep parked nearby he hears Mable and stops to help Mable. "The tragedy of heels. Here let me help." Horatio crouches down low to help, he is also in position to look around and hear Mable.
    failure

After helping, Horatio lets the others know before leaving momentarily. "Gonna grab Daemon to join us briefly, I am sure he needs to relieve himself as well." Horatio heads to his Jeep and gives Daemon a treat before letting him out the Jeep to relieve himself nearby as Horatio grabs a handler leash and a tracking leash. Horatio clips the handler leash on before heading back to the alley. Once back to the group he has Daemon sit near the mouth of the alley away from the scene for now. "I adore puzzles, shall we start then."

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward's face softens. "No, that's alright, Clay. All the more reason to head out." He laughs at Mable's comment, then replies to her whisper with his own: "not yet."

He would have loved to trail the woman then and there, but he wanted everyone to be on the same page first. He waited until Horatio returned to give the introduction to the problem at hand. He speaks softly, keeping the couple theoretically waiting for a ride in his periphery.

"Clay, in regards to the woman you were eyeing inside, I'm labelling her a suspect unless you can tell me otherwise." Maybe there was some other reason she was looking at him, or perhaps it was just his hat, it was certainly odd that she was looking at the only one with a hidden Beast.

"I suggest we split into two groups. Trailing and confronting the woman, and investigating first the alley, then finding the body and examining it."

"If you're amenable to it, Mable, we shall shadow the woman."

"As a final note, a member of the First Estate ensured the body acquired several gunshot wounds after death, to present the illusion of a gang shooting. I can only presume the body has found itself to a morgue."

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread