Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

July 2020 Invictus

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque grinned as Twist seamlessly pivoted his gesture into calling the meeting's first agenda item. It was clever, really. There are plenty who would leap at any chance to keep attention off themselves by casting a negative light on others. Thankfully for him, he was not one of those types.

He listened carefully as the higher chairs answered the call, noting particular information or lack thereof as they discussed. Once it was clear it was his turn, he responded with the confidence only fitting for the Ventrue:

"I am the Whip of Lords and also served as the Herald of the Prince until recently. Needless to say, I am ready to answer the call should the Domain need my service again." His eyes assuredly moved to Alessandra before they floated back to the Judex, "With the guidance of this covenant I've exceptionally increased the resources available to me, which in turn provides a necessary leverage to influence and manipulate the kine allies I've previously promised to this table."

Alessandra's vagueness was not unnoticed, so Jacque followed her lead by not repeating those allies, "I've also been pursuing deeper understanding of the Occult, both for providing long term solutions to previous quandaries as you already know," his hand tilts, motioning to Jennifer, "...and in sharing the Lady Notary's sentiment that the Oaths are an enormous asset to the Invictus. I hope to one day boast a complementing set of those masteries, but it is a long and difficult journey full of study before I get to that point."

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward straightens slightly as Jennifer says: "both Mr. Heinrich and Miss Black to swear loyalty to the First Estate." There it was again, he'd wait to question until/if Twist asked for comments. It was also very interesting that Jacque had enough of an interest in Blood Oaths to all but declare his goal of achieving Notaryship.

And then, the process of elimination dictated it was his turn.

"Business progresses beautifully. I had a most delightful discovery last month: more clients have approached me than I, them. A wonderous indication of the reestablishment of my professional network. The growth of my Orchestra will accommodate implementing the suggestions made by Mister Jack in our previous gathering." He nods to Jacque.

"And, of course, the education of Miss Black. All progresses smoothly, due primarily to Miss Black's aptitude, with one exception. Teaching, as it so often does, revealed insufficiencies in the instructor. In particular, my own lacking education on the subject of Blood Oaths. As the Lady Notary mentioned, she has given us both an introduction to the topic. I wish to draw further attention to her assistance." Edward nods to Jennifer.
    "Miss Black is prepared to carry the Invictus name. However, I am concerned regarding her preparedness in bearing a title of function beyond Priscus. I have been to Domains where undergoing Manumission is equivalent to a statement of readiness for an examination to acquire a title of function. Equally, I have been to Domains where this is not the case." He paused.

"With her grace permitting," Edward nodded to Twist, "I would ask the table's opinions on this matter." Twist had indicated six months could be sufficient, whereas Jennifer had shared his own feeling that this was too fast. Edward wanted to avoid undermining either although he was aware this could paint him in an indecisive light.

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's eyes rested on Jennifer as she spoke, indicating that she along with her sponsor were so prepared. Silently, Lenora pondered if the act was one of two things: 1) A jab at Edward's effectiveness or 2) a silent signal that those who also lacked the proper education should seek her out. Nonetheless, Jennifer hadn't indicated displeasure toward Edward before and her duties implied her to be of an honest disposition. It was likely the second option.

Jacque is the next to draw Lenora's intention as he speaks of increased business and ambitions to seek greater knowledge. His decision not to speak of the ongoing project between the two was curious.

Then came Edward's words.

The Daeva's decision to admit his failings were surprising. In doing so, however, he risked damaging his reputation and tarnishing Lenora's own quality as a candidate. This was not lost on Lenora. While she was still uncertain about whether or not she should speak, it became apparent to the Lord that she must. This was an opportunity to relay what she could offer to the First Estate.

Nonetheless, she would wait her term. Only speaking when a comfortable silence had fallen in after Edward's words.

"As you are all well aware, I am not a full member within the First Estate," she begins, "As such, I cannot speak of continuing accomplishments contributed to the covenant's goals, only the resources and competencies I can offer to assist in achieving them."

"I remain the Priscus of Clan Ventrue with Mister Jack remaining Whip. Together, I am working with him on a project that will ensure our superiority and dominance once other Ventrue begin filtering into the city,"
    she says, "Beyond this, the resources at my disposal have grown considerably since my entry into Sacramento with the promises of greater wealth on the way. Additionally, I retain connections in the arenas of culture and the judiciary, as well as contacts in news media. I bear an interest in developing allies within law enforcement as well. To that end, I have begun to investigate ways in which I might make a charitable donation... either to the department or more malleable individuals."

Then a nod to Edward.

"My chief focus remains on my education under Mister Heinrich. My time as his page has proven quite educational, all the more so thanks to the contribution of Lady Hazelton,"
    she said, granting the Haunt a secondary voice in bolstering her value, "In regards to the decision surrounding the conclusion or extension of my education, I will abide by the ruling given on the matter. I previously served under the Alder Baroness von Kleist for a life time, serving as page for an extended period will do little to deter from my continued desire to prove my ability and loyalty to the First Estate. Speaking to his concerns surrounding my abilities, I will say this. I retain competencies in a few arenas that can be of use to the First Estate, the most prominent being my capabilities within social functions and academics, including the Occult. I also bear some training in swordsmanship. I am not a master swordsman by any stretch, but neither am I a novice. This leaves me with a path ending in several branches and, while I can certainly make the decision of which I seek to choose independently, I am open to hearing which one the greater covenant feels is most needed in Sacramento."

5. Likes White liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist settled in to listen to the presentations.

At Ale's parting statement she lifted an eyebrow in curiosity. She had noted the generic tone to her words, how could she not when usually their Gangrel Prince was usually so forthcoming? So she didn't press for details . . . yet.

With Jennifer came their third Priscus. Nodding, she acknowledged the conversation mentioned.

She should not have been as surprised as she was when Jacque hints at learning more on the matters of oaths. He was a lawyer after all, it made sense that he would be interested. And yet she was. Or maybe it was just that after so many months of none save herself with a Title of Function that was solely Invictus, they now had a Notary and one potentially looking to also carry such a title.

With Edward's admission of lacking knowledge, Twist did not seem perturbed. What he spoke was the truth, teaching often taught as much to the student as it did to the instructor. There were words she only knew in Italian due to someone asking her about them in English. Was it a weakness? Yes, of course it was. Admitting you lacked was always showing a vulnerability. But if you knew it, you could fix it. As clearly Edward was.

Lenora's voice came, appropriately, last. And with her came the fourth Priscus.

The pleased smile that curved her lips made her eyes sparkle. Daeva. Gangrel. Nosferatu. Ventrue. The only one they did not have was Mekhet. And from the actions of the last two courts, she was content with that. 4 out of 5 Priscus, the Prince, and the Hound. For the size of their domain the power represented at this table in the City was more than substantial. She should, and did, take Pride in that.

As the litanies ended, Edward making the soft open for discussion she straightened and leaned forward.

"Thank you," she stated glancing around at those who had spoken, the pride in them the covenant clear in her voice.

"We will discuss the matter of Miss Black in a moment. There are a few other matters that were touched upon that I feel more appropriate to discuss first," she says with a reassuring smile and nod toward Edward to let him know she had heard him. It wouldn't do to have the matters of a page come before those of standing.

Turning toward Alessandra "For over two years now you have been Prince. Over two years of stability and strength. My words and actions have hinted at it for some weeks now, but with this meeting I make it formally known to the covenant that you have earned the the title of Lady." Her smile deepened, "Congratulations Lady Antinori."

Glancing around the table she gave a moment for others to speak on the matter, curious if any actually would.

After the conversation around the bestowing of the Title of Tribute wound down, if there was any, she spoke up again.

"The next topic regards something that was touched upon by a number of you tonight. And that is the matter of Oaths. I will request again a hold on that conversation until after we speak of Mister Jacque's status. Are there any objections?" Another pause and look around the table. A second chance. Would any dare?
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

After she had spoken, she looks to Twist and nods her head once.

When Jennifer began, the Savage’s attention shifted to her and her words. Oaths were a valuable part and tool for them, seeing a Notary in action would be a treat. But she had been unaware of how much time and effort the Haunt had been putting into them. It was fascinating. Not something she’d pursue, but intriguing none the less.

A nod was offered when she finished. The Haunt was well deserving of her title as Lady it seemed.

As Jacque spoke next, there was a hint of pride on her face. She’d chosen well when it came to Lord. Both for his flawless ability as Herald, and as a good fit for the Invictus.

Edwards words were less pleasant to hear. If one was not capable of teaching, why take it on? And if one had this aptitude, why was the mistake made not once, but twice? Questions to be asked later perhaps. And title of function? Had the Lord desired to take one on? Or was this another mistake?

There were many questions, and they were added to when Lenora spoke.

No nod was offered to either.

Attention went back to Twist, curious to where the meeting would go. But she was not expecting what the Daeva said and bestowed upon her.

Her head bows, “Thank you, it has been an honor not only serving and protecting the Domain, but serving the Invictus as well. You bestow upon me a great honor.” Her voice humble. Though her mind quickly remembered a drive with Asa and the mention of the title coming up. She had not been deserving then, but Twist saw her deserving now. And more than likely, the only time she would ever be considered a Lady.

Then a nod of her head, “I am prepared to answer questions in regards to him and provide a report on his progression under my teachings.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

9. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listens closely as the members of good standing give their accounts of their activities.
    She nods with understanding with the Madam Alessandra ends on her parting statement. She had amended her own statement to indicate some things were to be mentioned behind walls where all present were sworn to loyalty to the First Estate. She had not mentioned one of her own agreement with Mr. Jacque because of that. Her estimation of the Prince's shrewdness rises.
    As Jacque speaks of his interest in learning Oaths, she smiles, a sincere smile that touches her eyes. It is a relief to recall he conversation with someone who values the skeleton of the First Estate. She was pleased in the way he framed his interest. As Jacque speaks of the long journey, her smile fades to a look of understanding as she nods in agreement. She well knew the dedication and years that were wrapped up in learning the delicate and elusive Blood Compacts.

As Edward speaks, she watches the Daeva with close attention. When he mentions seeking her, she nods slightly. She had already mentioned the first steps in understanding the Oaths and was somewhat glad it was valued by Edward to bring up. When titles of function were mentioned, she focused more tightly upon him. They needed the Imvictus of good standing to take Titles of Function. He seems to mean his charge and not himself, however.
    Her face remains smooth and unperturbed as he finishes his contribution with a question for those assembled. Curious, she had never heard this phrased before. The Nosferatu turns to watch Lenora as the page speaks. Dark eyes follow the Ventrue closely as she mentions her endeavors and aptitude. Her eyes alight for a moment on mention of 'occult'. Curious.

Then the Duchess speaks and Jennifer attends her more closely. At the elevation of the Prince, Jennifer nods with approval. How proper. She gives Lady Alessandra an approving nod, pleased with her elevation. It bodes well to have Invictus take their rightful place.
    "Congratulations, Lady Antinori." She bade quietly, to not disrupt the flow of the Duchesses' command. She was woman of few words, but it was a manner she adopted for a reason. She needed to keep her record of truthful accounting that was wed to her role of mystical contracts.

As Mister Jacque is mentioned, a pleased expression is allowed on her face. The Lady Antinori steps into her role as sponsor fluidly and Jennifer nods slightly, pleased to see the smooth demonstration of competence and power.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiled as his suspicions were validated, the Madam was now a Lady and the Judex herself had not made a faux pas. Two years as Prince and who knows how long prior in service to the Invictus and the Domain. Truly the title of tribute was hard earned.

He nodded, echoing Hazelton's sentiments, "Congratulations, Lady Antinori"

As the conversation turned from Lenora and Edward unto himself, he merely offered a prideful smile. Sixteen months since he was first extended an invitation to the First Estate. Nine months since he signed the oath and the Prince became his sponsor. His eyes glanced briefly around the table at Twist's request for objections. He shook his head lightly as a silent sign to the Judex there would be none from him.

He wondered to himself if either Lenora or Jennifer would be surprised, discovering he had not yet been officially released from manumission. He certainly made it a point to carry himself with a demeanor above it. Perhaps it was Lordly confidence or maybe he was just faking it until he made it?

Blood Hunt:

12. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

It was not difficult to notice the Prince's lacking approval, she had been equally cold last Court, at the time it hadn't concerned him, but now Edward couldn't help but wonder if she had begun to disapprove of him. He could dwell on it later.
    But, if Twist's expression of approval was taken as anything more profound than simple recognition, it was that she did not feel the same. No need for panic.

Lenora's words pleased Edward, to his mind they displayed both an awareness of position and confidence. He only wished she had been more forthcoming when he asked earlier. No matter.

And then, the elevation of the Prince. Edward's own muted voice joined the others, "congratulations, Lady Antinori."

To the call for objections, Edward answered with silence.

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora bowed her head in acceptance of Twist's edict regarding her placement on the agenda without any dispute. Lenora had no shortage of pride in her ability and her continuing education, but she knew discussion of such things could be tedious at times and Lenora was, after all, the newest potential piece on the First Estate's chessboard here in Sacramento. Concerns regarding her were, therefore, less pressing.

The stare of the Prince is felt, but the Priscus of the Clan of King's retained her focus on Twist as she spoke. It was nonetheless a sign that, perhaps, a meeting was overdue. If the Prince had concerns or grievances with Lenora, it would be best to see to them while they remained minor, but they would have to wait.

Still, once Alessandra's rise is announced, the Pale Eyes of the Ventrue due fall to her, her usual stoic smile betraying a hint of warmth as she dips her head in respect, adding her voice to the Chorus - though only after those above her station had done so.

"Congratulations, Lady Antinori."

Then Lenora's attentions return to the highest of them, remaining silent and still as Twist called for objections.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A satisfied smile as no one argued against her delaying the conversation on Oaths.

Turning again to Alessandra, "Last October you became Mister Jacque's sponsor. For at least 6 months he would be your responsibility and his release would be your decision. I ask you now if he joins us tonight as a full member of the First Estate?"

I'll let Alessandra Orianna respond and then have Twist post again that way we can keep the scene moving unless folks have an objection. And in that case just ping me and let me know to pause.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

16. Likes , liked this post
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread