Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Criminal Intent: Barren Pickings

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio looks from Melanie to Dirt Nap and back again. "I'm new here so I don't know the political landscape all that well and I am stillWhat is that trendy word these nights? Ah yes, salty! So, Dirt Nap sir, suggestions on our course of actions? Because from where I am standing this seems like a political shit storm."
    Horatio starts to fold up the tarp and put things away into the Jeep as he awaits an answer, because either way, there was going to be a drive.

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap does NOT facepalm.

He is silent for a long minute. Then he says, "Sir. I am sorry I have to admit, I honestly think you'd be better off with no advice at all than with my advice on politics. I don't hardly know anything about it, and I am sure what I think I know is liable to be dead wrong."

Dirt Nap takes a deliberate breath and sighs. "I know someone, that I would say to ask for good advice, namely 'Lady H', but seeing as she's one of those that the lady here seems to be saying we would be starting up a fight with, which doesn't seem like something I want to do..." He says, and then suddenly lapses into silence.

It takes a while to be clear that Dirt Nap isn't just thinking of what to say next, but apparently has shared all he has to share on the subject.

Jennifer Hazelton

Melanie looks between the two of you.

"You two not into politics? That's good news for me. Don't want to get involved?"

A shrug that she somehow managed to make sensual.
    " No big deal. I'm on a time crunch, though..."

She checks the time on her phone.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio finishes up with the packing up and puts everything away into different compartments in the floor board of the Jeep, he sets everything back together and whistles for Daemon so he can clip him into a seatbelt harness.
    Turning around and looking at Dirt nap as he tells his advice, Horatio furrows his brow in contemplation. "Alright hop in then. Might as well get a moving while we talk about this more. I'll need a destination though, an address of a hotel maybe."
    Horatio opens up the drivers door and hops in turning the engine over, he slaps the side of the door with his palm. "Okay Miss Melanie, get in the passenger, Dirt Nap sir, get in the backseat if you don't mind."
    If everyone gets in the vehicle Horatio will make his way out to the main road from the dugout.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is silent as the woman seems to take it in stride when he is less than enthusiastic about her plan to embarrass the Invictus somehow. He maintains his silence when Horatio seems to agree, and further follows through on the offer to give the lady a ride.

So far so good.

He is sorely tempted to demur riding along in favor of flying above instead, but feels his superior should not be refused, and besides, his superior probably shouldn't be left to do all of the talking either.

Dirt Nap nods, and gets in the back seat.

Jennifer Hazelton

Melanie climbs into the passenger seat as Horatio suggests.

"Thanks for the lift, Jumpy. Give me one moment." She checks her phone, seeming to read a text message. Her fingers start to move rapidly as she fires off a reply.
    "You can drop me at Hawthorn Suites Hotel."

That Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento is a 3-star hotel. It advertises that it offers rooms that average $60 a night. It is a short drive to the hotel and likely won’t take longer than 10 minutes. Melanie's phone rings, a Star Wars Rebel Alliance ring tone.

"You don't mind if I take this, do you?" She asks rhetorically. "My friend is a bit alarmed about my well-being. Seeing as my scuffle with the Haunt."

She takes the call, listening for a moment. The woman doesn't seem to mind that Horatio Quilz and Dirt Nap can hear her side of the conversation. The blonde is animated as she speaks, her whole body invested in the conversation.

" Simone. Can I get a word in?" A pause as Melanie listens to her friend. Concern furrows her brow.
    "Yeah, I gave the painting you gave me to some people I know in the scene. It really made an impression on me.” Her tone is colored with emotion as she emphasizes the impression this painting made on her.

" No, they didn't see it, Simone. I wrapped it up. How about you stop bitching about your ghoul and hear about my night!” She gives a wounded air, affecting her shoulders and she ruffled her short blonde hair.
    "I got attacked by that fucking Russian, Kowalsic. In the red flesh and everything.” She shudders, a hand touching the shoulder that had been exposed in the torn shirt. "I’m having someone drop me at that hotel I got earlier. I’m still with them, so I need to call you back.”
    Melanie ends the call and tucks the phone in the outer pocket of her backpack, shaking her head.

“I know the Beast can make us deceptive jerks, but I hate when a friend asks you to do something and then gets huffy when you do it!” She is animated, agitated as she glances around outside the car window.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio nods and pulls his phone out for directions. "If you'll excuse me, I'll map it real quick. Still new to the area I'm afraid."
    Horatio pulls up his messages and sends a quick text to Dirt Nap, 'Better 2 know where she is going and staying for use later, more info the better.' he deletes the conversation before pulling up the map app. Horatio takes the guided route to the hotel and listens to her side of the phone call noting names and other key elements of the call.

2 successes

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

This should be wrapped this turn as PRP Crime Scene is up to continue the plot.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

As Horatio has now joined the other PRP thread, I am closing this one

When Horatio pulled up to the hotel, Melanie hopped out, slinging her leather backpack across a shoulder.
    "Thanks for the lift. Remember to work on the trigger finger, Horatio. We almost had a problem."
    She speaks conversationally.
    " Bye, Dirt Nap."

She walks into the lobby, pulled out a room key and headed into the elevator.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread