Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Rail-yards: Revelations of the Oath

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny listens as the others provide their answers, finishing up his sandwich.
    He isn't entirely sure that Bleeds Well caught what he meant by the sandwich offer, but it isn't worth poking him about it. Not while friendship and packship was still soft and undeveloped.

Emily's answer is succinct. It ventures beyond the literal text into the concepts beyond prey and hunt, but she too goes off on the instinctual reminder. He nods though at her conclusion.
    <<No apologies for hunt. Like apologize for breathing, equally useless as apology.>>

Tiny grinds his teeth at Bleeds Well. "As easy for an Elodoth to not think as for a wolf to not hunt. There is no such thing as too much thought. I grant you that spirits don't think like us at all. They are forces of the world, things that move and are moved by the growth of a tree or the diversion of a stream. And Father and Mother were both spirits. We have the mind of Men too, something that they did not. Following after Mother and Father is good, and righteous, but we are also children of Men, and utilize this tool." He taps his the side of his head. "That's not to say that you can overthink in the moment. To think and not make a decision is foolhardy. But here we sit in our tur, with filling bellies. This is the time to think, for we may not be able to after for some time."

"As the Alpha says, to hunt means more than just chasing prey. any herd in a helicopter can chase even the fastest deer. Hunting down leads, sniffing for clues, dogging their trail, The Hunt for Truth, these words are chosen because the art of investigating a subject IS a hunt. To answer your question, yes. Lore is like a shattered tree in the forest. Picking up the scattered bark to find what actually happened is certainly a hunt. The prey is the truth, and the clues guide the hunt for it. Even as mundane as looking in a google search is hunting."

He turns to the group, and poses his own question, "Bleeds Well has given his answer, but I am curious for you two. Does an Uratha who forsake his forms and hunts by bare hands, who stalks and snatches the lizards and follows birds to fruit trees forsaking the oath that the Wolf must hunt?"
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector has finished and sandwich and is licking his fingers in a peculiarly cat-like fashion. His eyes flick up, as if he is surprised by the question Tiny has posed them. His head tilted to one side as he fingered a morsel stuck between his teeth.

"Nah. I don't see a problem. We are wolves. Our forms are part of our tool kit - and we need to use them all. If a wolf wants to use their hands instead of paws, thats on them."

He sucked his teeth, morsel now freed.

"The trick is not to rely on one form too much. So hunt in as many forms as you can. Better yet, switch forms while you hunt - as the situation requires. Adaptability is Red Wolf's trick."
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The silvery wolf shakes her head slowly. <<Hunt is hunt>>

A few steps are taken from under the overhang and the rippling of a transforming wolf envelops the fur, blue hair shocking out and clothes filling out form the body. "Uhhhhh.... I know it says the 'Wolf' must hunt. But that's symantics. Like, we call ourselves wolves all the time. We're neither human nor wolf, but both, and neither. I was told once we are people with the soul of a wolf, and it is that Spirit that must be heeded. Makes our instincts." Emily reaches into a pocket and begins rolling a cigarette. "Feeding the Soul is as important as the body. The wolf has to hunt - whatever it hunts. Has to hone those talents, because if we can't hunt, we can't like, do the duties left to us. We use fear, prial fear, as one of the tools to keep things in line. The threat of the hunt. And if prey does not feart the hunter, it acts as it pleases."

She sits on the ground and lights up. "Even if you hunt a job, a mate, a part for an engine - you're honing your skills. They just might not be the ones used to hunt in a wolf sense - and the world has changed so much, we need to roll with it." She waves a lazy hand tot he Alpha. "Like chief said. Red wolf's way."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

4. Likes Mark liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

sorry, you can skip me if ya want I’ll be all caught up tomorrow

PU: 4

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The brooding Rahu nods back to the Elodoth as he chews, "You're right Tiny, to think we are not also children of man would be foolish, and to deny the advantage we gain from our opposable thumbs would crazy. But the Oath is simple in my opinion, People want to read into it too much because it gives them an excuse for their behavior if they can find a way to argue it. The more people feel like them, the less guilty they feel. But none of that really matters. What really matters is how each individuals finds harmony with their spiritual and physical natures. The instincts of the wolf with the mind of a man. That harmony is the mark of Purity. You may make actions which are considered wise, but if you connection with your nature, then what have you really accomplished? Pay to Ceaser..." He trails off as he takes another bite.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny nods as the Iron Masters speak. their view of the hunt is broad, the view of the hunter broader still. "Had I not needed to be in the Storm, I would like to think I would have been accepted in the Iron."
    Instinct instinct instinct. Tiny is glad he doesn't have any hair to pull out. "Pay to caesar knives in the back if you don't know the rules."
    "The Ralunim and Elodonim judge oathbreakers. And the Ralunim judge on their own principles, and the Elodonim judge on sticking to the letter and spirit of the words you swore. But theirs is not the only justice. When an uratha violates the oath, the alpha and the pack look on and judge. And every pack is different, every leader changes. Which means that this must be adapted every time. So I guess my real question is, what will you punish someone for violating this part of the oath? And don't get me wrong. A wolf who refuses to hunt, who pets bunnies and nurses at the teat of the pack and avoids any semblance of a hunt is no wolf I would want in a pack, but where is the line? Do you go with what they say is their instincts? Red wolf is quite malleable, but Bleeds well is no Farsil Luhal, and his words speak to the Purity he holds to the oath. So this question is for you too."

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector straightened and scratched at his neck.

"Well I can only speak for Clarion Call at this point, but I would have thought that is fairly obvious. We are an ad hoc pack. So I don't expect all the chorus to come hunt with us, all the time. But if a wolf in this town refused to join one of our hunts consistently and with no good reason - thats when I'd consider the the Oath violated."

His mouth formed a line.

"And for the record I know Chris doesn't join us often. He has an excuse - he is bound up with the herd's police force and can't easily disappear when he wants to. Thats his task - he hides in the herd and keeps watch for anything we need to know about. And sometimes he runs misdirection for us to keep the herd off our scent."
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily shugs. "You can do things that are Wise and in line with your nature." It was hard to see them under her jacket, but most of the pack had seen Emily's brands of Wisdom and Purity.

"That's the thing about one's nature. It's more and more subjective for people. We might not agree about what is a wolf nature, either. Which is why the Oath isn't quite as immalleable as you're saying, Bleedy." Blue hair flaps about as she shakes her head. "Nope, that doesn't work either. Bleedy Gonzales? Urgh. Difficult. Very difficult." Another pull is taken in the cigarette and she blows smoke straight up inot the air.

She nods to Hector. "Chis hunts for information for us. Keeps his ear to the ground. So it may not always be a pack hunter, but he hunts and tries to roll with the Call when he can."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, Mark liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The purest shrugs and stands, "At the root of it all, we're pack. As long as your actions don't shame or threaten the pack, or fly in the face of the oath damaging the harmony and reputation of us all, then we're good." His face turns hard. "But when someone crosses the line, I will be sure that they are dealt with." He looks at Tiny for a moment, to make sure his point has gotten through, then his eyes flick to Hector, Alpha, then down.

"Well, speaking of hunts, I have a patrol to get to." Bleeds Well stretches, moving limbs stiffened by the extended leisure and conversation.

4 days left on the counter, do we want to get this into continuity?

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"I didn't know that about Chris. I'd love to sit him down and chat sometime. maybe talk shop about the fuzz here in town."
    Once a defense attorney, always a defense attorney.
    "One day i'll pin you down Bleeds Well. One day. But not today. I look forward going into the next oath. Your pick next time. Thanks everyone."

Tiny laughs, before getting up as well, dusting himself free of the railyard dust.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last