11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Better the Devil you know

(2109) Autumn Greeting
Sep 11, 2021 - Sep 22, 2021
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    W
    War

She looked a little wary at first, then looked up into the sky then down at her wrist where a watch would be if a streetrat like her could afford one.

"I guess I got time. This way."

She turned headed back the way she had come, stopping at the street light which once again was red. They always seemed to be red, or at least turning the wrong color. She was walking and holding her board since the man more than likely would not want to run the entire 6-8 blocks.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash follows behind, looking around before settling back on the young girl.

"So, is it hard to use that?" he said, pointing at her board.

W
    War

She shook her head...

"To ride it, no. If you want to do tricks, that takes practice."

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash nods and looks around, making sure they are clear of any sleepers before saying, "A bit like throwing magic around." He simply looks down at her, eyebrow raised.

W
    War

At the comment, Dodger stops dead in her tracks. She looks up at the stranger with a wary look in her eye. Once again, the blatant acknowledgement.

She placed her hand on the street pole and checked out the poster of a lost dog, trying to cover the reason she suddenly stopped. There were those who watched, always watching... she knew they were out there.

"If you say so. Only a few more blocks, come on, this way."

She waved him on, as they continued down the street. Her curt response was strangely acknowledging and inviting at the same time defensive and coverting. Either she acknowledged what Ash was saying and understood what he was saying, or she was blowing him off like some crazy person... sort of both, or maybe neither.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash just shrugs and follows. If she didn't want to talk about it, that's fine too. He wasn't a guidance counselor and really couldn't give a fuck. All he wanted right now is some answers about when and why he was last in this city.

W
    War

Dodger walked along a little further. The curiosity getting the better of her. She had had a few encounters recently with others that had abilities and it was very strange that there were so many. Perhaps she should investigate a little more.

"So mister, I didn't catch your name. And that was a strange thing you said. What did you mean by that?"

Darren Nash

PRE

"That's because I never said it," Ash smirked as he continued to walk, "but people call me Ash; its safer that way." He shrugged to her second question. "I didn't mean anything by it, just thought I saw something glowing around you. Must be a trick of the light though, what d'ya think?"

W
    War

She slowed her pace as it seemed like the conversation was going to take off.

"Call me 'Dodger'."

She glanced up over her shoulder at him, then continued...

"Some say that I have a weird aura. But who listens to those new age crazies. You're not one of them are you?"

"'Fraid not, Dodger. I hate crystals and shit. More into physical action to get my kicks. Shame it more often than not ends in broken bones and lost brain cells."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread