Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “Oh I bet. Nothing feels better then showing someone up, especially those who underestimate you because you’re a girl. I think the best part of situations like that, is their face, I swear, it never gets old.” But maybe that was just her. “But seriously, when did this whole mansplaining thing get started? It seems the last couple of years its increased. And you would think guys would catch on that it’s not a good way to get a girls attention or get laid.” Seriously.

“Well, if they get annoying, just tell me.”

Nodding, “I was the only Ladder for a while, and yeah, it can be a burden. But in my opinion, you get to set the tone and expectations for future Ladders.” Maybe a bright side? “I just hope they work well together.” It was hard to tell with personalities sometime.

“That was my line of thinking when I got mine. I loved how fast it could go. But now? It doesn’t have the room I need. Though I get it, there is something about a fast, sleek car. I think the larger question, do you like the classics or the new ones? Or both! I’m kinda in the middle.”

Looking thoughtful as she sipped her coffee, “You might be onto something there. Never really thought about it, but that does sound wonderful. Get to relax and enjoy the scenery, all while taking a step back in time. Well, in a sense.”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Started? Probably at the dawn of the human race." She chuckled, idly picking at her muffin, "I don't think that it's become more common, rather it's just being pointed out more often now. An upside to the social media age, I suppose. Bullshit gets called out." She shrugged nonchalantly, "I think guys do it because they believe women will be impressed with their superior knowledge. Same reason they'll flex muscles and act tough."

"I hope I can manage it. I've only been a Ladder for a year or so." Naga looked at her coffee thoughtfully, "Arrows have that military discipline, right? I'm sure they'll sort out who stands where pretty quick."

"Classics, for sheer style. The new ones have all the latest high tech toys, of course. I suppose it's a trade-off." She nodded.

The Warlock smiled, "I rode on trains in India when I was young, when my family went to visit my grandparents. I always liked it."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, and then catching her breath, “Oh, yeah, defiantly that.” A finger lightly brushes under her eyes, “I mean, an intelligent man is always attractive. Throw in some confidence and it’s all good. But there’s a way to go about it that doesn’t upset and offend. And don’t get me started on the whole flexing muscles.” An eyeroll, “Urgh.” She never saw the attractiveness in it.

“I think you can. From how I’ve seen you carry yourself and talk in meetings, you got what it takes. Confident but not arrogant. Or there is that saying, fake it until you make it.”
    Shrugging.
    But Naga seemed like she had it. “I think so. Least I think that’s how I’ve heard Phoenyx talk about it. She’s very disciplined and makes sure the philosophy of the Arrow is followed. So I think that will be something they’ll have in common.” Time would tell.

“I got mine for the power in the engine, but also because you’re able to tweak it to get even more power out of it. But there is no denying the style the classics have. They had style but were built to last. Though I find it hilarious that I’m going from a sports car to a truck or SUV.” A laugh as she shook her head. “Being an adult sucks.” So much was changing.

Blue eyes widen, “Oh wow, India? I’ve never traveled overseas, but it must have been magical!” she gushes, “I’ve seen pictures of the country, and between the landscape and culture, it looks like an amazing place to visit.”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Intelligent men are attractive, yes. Agreed. It's when they cross the line into know-it-alls that the problems start," Naga laughed, finding the Thyrsus' reactions amusing.

"I just carry myself the way I do in court. Professional, respectful, all that. It helps." She sipped from her mug once more, nodding to Aurora, "Good to hear. Phoenyx does seem very tightly wound. Nice to know she can relax."

She raised an eyebrow, "You like to tinker with your car? I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about fixing or modifying vehicles." She shrugged slightly, "Aside from changing a flat tire if need be."

Her smile widened, "It's hot, crowded and full of poverty, and if you don't like spicy food you'll be in trouble. However, it really is gorgeous. So much history and culture, and the wildlife is something else. Tigers, leopards, rhinos, crocodiles, red pandas, and more monkeys than you can count." The Warlock's smile was fond, "My favorite thing to do there was ride elephants."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A sage nod, “But there is still not much known about that line. Like, what pushes them over it. Is it age, or is it environment? Much is unknown. Except that it’s annoying.” Least she hadn’t come across one in a while.

“Well, it works. And I think it will set a nice standard for future Ladders.”
    Professional. What would that look like for her? She honestly didn’t know. “I think she is. And I got the impression when I spoke with her that she didn’t know she could take nights off and it would be ok. So she’s working on relaxing, and I hope she’s able to do it more often. I think it’ll be good for her the more she’s able to do it. I’m all about pushing those that work too hard to take some time off to themselves and just have some fun. So between Phoenyx and Campanella, I got my work cut out for me.” And she wasn’t sure who was the worst yet.

“I don’t think I’d call it tinkering. I can change the oil and spark plugs, but that’s it. And the modification was done by a guy that knew how to.” A laugh, “I would have screwed the car up if I tried, and then it would have been too expensive to bother with.” Yeah, she knew her limits with cars.

A frown, “I hate poverty, it’s always depressing to see. But I’ve never been out of the country, so anything I’ve seen in other countries is from the internet. And spicy food? I’m ok with it. I like the heat, but not so much that it takes away the flavor of the dish. Now it’s the culture that really intrigues me. Every country has such deep history and culture and it’s fascinating to explore.” At least to her. “I bet those rides were better than the ones at the circus. Especially with the environment.”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Who knows?" The Mastigos shrugged her shoulders. If only there was some way she could know what men were thinking. Hmm.

"So Campanella is the same way? I know nothing about him, honestly, aside from his not wanting the Moros Councilor position despite being the only Necromancer."

Naga chuckled, "Always good to have friends with expertise you lack. If only for emergencies."

"I'm American born and raised. India still feels foreign to me, but it's great to have this connection to where my ancestors originated. Someplace with a longer history than here." The Warlock picked at the remains of her muffin. "Oh, yes. When you're on the back of a beast like that, you feel invincible. Like a queen. Also, a little scared of falling off." She smirked.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Oh yeah. From the times I’ve talked with him, he’s always seemed so focused on his studies. Which is great. But when you neglect to relax and just have fun, I think you do yourself a disservice. So I advised him that I’d be making sure he got out more." yeah, that was why. Well, that's what she told herself. "As far as the Councilor position?” she shrugs, “I don’t know. I try and not pry too much, though I’ve known him for years. I always figured if it was something he wanted to share, he would. Though I still believe he made an excellent Hierarch.” And she would stick by that statement.

“It is. But thankfully, the car hasn’t had many problems, just the typical things here and there. Which is good, because it saves me on money.” Though there had been a time when it was easier to shift fate a bit and get good deals.

“That’s great that you’re able to have that. Do you plan to go back anytime soon?” another sip of coffee, “I often wondered about my roots, but, well, my parents didn’t seem too interested in answering.” A shrug. Laughing, “Yes! Very regal! And that too. Though they seem like such gentle giants. If treated right anyways.” She hated the way the circus treated them.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga listened calmly and nodded to the Shaman, "What do you think of the fact we have no Hierarch?"

"I'd like to go back. I still have some family over there I'd like to see. However, being Awakened makes family vacations a tad more complicated and risky." She shrugged, as there wasn't much that was going to change those factors. The Warlock smiled when it came to the elephants, though. "It's true. They can be very caring creatures. In some ways, the elephants are more human than many people I've met."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a pause as she thought about the question and drank more coffee. She wasn’t sure how to answer.

“I’m the type of person who likes structure to things. Especially with our community, I believe structure and having some lead us is important. But I understand with our numbers being small, and our population varying at any given time, it can be difficult to have. I never considered myself a leader, and was glad to see Campanella step into the role. I was here for the duel that put him into position.” Another sip, “So it’s been a little difficult to adjust to not having one. Plus the way meetings have been going, we’re either putting Councilors in charge, or we’re not, it’s just stressful.” But, so had things been for a while. Stability was never Sacramento’s strong suit. "And you? Your thoughts on it?" would be interesting to see what a Ladder would think.

“Oh, yeah, that does add an interesting twist to traveling. But maybe there’s a way to add some protections and let you go. I’ve only traveled in the states, and the worry is always there in back of your head. Wondering if anyone is looking at you because they know, or cause you look good in your jeans.” She’d prefer looking good. “Then again, if we don’t travel where we want, are we letting them win?” because she thinks so. “That’s very true. Humans as a species can be beyond cruel and heartless.”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"My thoughts are not dissimilar to yours," Naga said, sitting back to make herself more comfortable. "Consiliums need structure. As a member of the Silver Ladder, I also have a duty to uphold our traditions. I want a normal, functioning Consilium here. As you say, however, that doesn't seem to be possible. We're too small, and too transient, a population. All I've seen since arriving is Councilors either being appointed or quitting, or just straight up vanishing. It's weird and disheartening." She sighed. "In LA, the Consilium is large, and the Hierarch and most of the Councilors have held their positions for years, sometimes even decades. It's stable and things actually get done. Usually."

Shrugging off the growing sense of frustration, the Warlock flashed a brilliant smile, "Well, fortunately I don't usually have to worry about being scryed." She looked at the coffee cup. "There's stories of elephants who go out of their way to save human children from harm. Yet we repay that kindness by hunting them to near extinction because we want ivory." She could only shake her head.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread