Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Criminal Intent: The Offer

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

"Is something amusing?"She studied your face.

You realize why she stopped moving immediately. The beast if another kindred has arrived.

** BP 4 **

She walks to the staircase, where a Kindred descends. He clasps both of her hands and makes a kissing motion above her knuckles, careful not to touch her.
    Mr Kowalsic dresses in a blue collar worker. He wears a button down shirt in blue. The skin on his neck, arms and legs are covered in thick, red scarf tissue as though he has been severely burned.

Miss Kowalsic turns to face you and you see her expression is somber. Mr. Kowalsic is observing her closely.
    " Mr. Johnathan Randall Kowalsic, of the line Nosferatu, I introduce you to Mr. Edward Heinrich."

Her tone and address are without flaw.

Mr. Kowalsic looks concerned. He slowly turns to study you, his eyes appearing to memorize everything about you.
    "Mr. Heinrich."
    He is perfectly polite, the perfect gentlemen.

" I tasked Miss Kowalsic with recruiting you for this coterie of sorts. I was clear that no information be given until the pledge that you were going to take the task.

You see, we have an important task of a delicate nature. I trust you treated her as you would have treated me?"

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward was in the middle of formulating his response when the Beast screamed. In a flash, his knuckles whitened and shudder passed over him. Edward gritted his teeth so hard he could have sworn he heard them grind.

Yet, when he turned to face Mr. Kowalsic, there was a natural smile on his face. He gave a shallow bow, "It is a pleasure to make your formal acquaintance, Mister Kowalsic."

Perhaps it was the fact his Beast was still screaming in his ears, or maybe it was surprised at the question, in any case, Edward gave himself time to think through an answer by addressing his comments chronologically. "As actions speak, your clarity was not lost on Miss Kowalsic. I have been informed of the general nature of the issue at hand, and I am at your service in approaching a resolution." A pause, "in all things, Mister Kowalsic, I aim to honour the hierarchy of the First Estate. As such, your excellent reputation could not help but colour my interaction."

Jennifer Hazelton

"I am glad that you showed her the respect that her position as my Childe warrants. A bit ago, I chose to educate some uppity one who thought she could be bowled over. He departed town before properly Presenting himself to her Grace, the Prince Alessandra Antinori. More proof he was unworthy. "

The gentleman glanced to his childe. He arched a brow at what she held. She walked to the seating area with Mr. Kowalsic and offered the stout cane to you.
    “Mr. Heinrich.” She said properly, if stiff.

Mr. Kowalsic offered his childe an arm and both took a seat in straight backed chairs facing you.
    “Please sit.” Mr. Kowalsic bid you.
    “Let's get right to the problem.

Last night, my retainer Charles was conducting a private errand for me. He was walking toward a local club called Rapture. As he was passing an alley near the club, he heard a scream. He glanced down the alleyway and saw one of us openly feeding on one of the homeless that sometimes panhandle out there.
    He went in to take a closer look and noticed that the attacker was an attractive woman, who I believe to be the city’s enforcer, the Alder Duchess Twist. She appeared to be in a state of frenzy. At the other end of the alleyway, there was a bald, black man with a cellular phone in his hand. It looked like he was taking pictures. Charles heard this woman call out the name ‘Rosario,’ and the photographer turned and fled the scene.
    Charles vacated the area and immediately called me. I sent both of my retainers back to shoot the corpse with guns I had previously acquired from known local gangsters before calling the police.
    Then I contacted you.”

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Indeed." A doting father.

"Thank you, Miss Kowalsic" Edward took the cane with a shallow bow, then sat when he was bid to do so.

"Impossible," Edward uttered as if the word was dragged out of him. Interrupting the gentleman just as he finished saying 'frenzy.' "Ah, my apologies Mister Kowalsic. I'm certain you possess excellent reason for associating Her Grace with the crass actions exhibited by the woman at the scene. My apologies for the interruption, please continue."

Edward waited an extra moment to ensure the gentleman was done, his earlier interruption weighing on his mind. "Very well, Mister Kowalsic. In what capacity would you have me render assistance?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Mr. Kowalsic expresses surprise at the interruption. "Unfortunate." He allows after an expectant minute.
    "You cannot entertain that the Duchess could do this. Yet the Beast can make monsters of us all. Devoid of reason." He reminds you.
    "The Investigation is the best way to get to the bottom of this horrible situation. First, I want to hear what your first actions would be hearing that you and Dirt Nap are to investigate this."

He leans forward.
    "Who will you speak to? You must conceal what she is accused of from Kindred. My childe has already told you what you are tasked with."

"Yes, Mr. Kowalsic. He was very interested to hear the details of the crime and pushed me for them. I am curious if he could get to the location of the Night Club alley and find the relevant witnesses before its all over Youtube."

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Of course, it is as you say, Mister Kowalsic." A woman who produced blood dolls for all in attendance less than six months ago? Who displayed no sign or symptom of derangement? Falling to the Beast in an alley?

Unlikely.

I am curious if Miss Kowalsic appreciates the gravity of the situation.
    Were it not for the Beast's lingering fear, those words would have out loud. Through the rising fog of Man's rage and the Beast's fear, Edward is grateful; it let him keep his mouth shut.

"However, I cannot help but notice the hypothesis of frenzy appears to... clash with the woman's outcry of 'Rosario.' Never the less, that appears to be the most salient lead. Assuming the word is not nonsense, I would guess it is either an instruction, name, or place."

"My first step will be to converse with Dirt Nap. I will recommend we both return to the scene and then pursue leads in tandem from there."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"I believe the 'Rosario' refers to the bald, black man with a cellular phone in his hand. It could be that there is a second witness, another woman who knows the photographer. We know how Frenzy makes one take leave of social niceties.
    Yet we cannot rush to judgement. Hence the need for the involvement of you and Dirt Nap. I had thought Mr. Quilz because of his outlier outlook likely won't have him confiding in any one. Yet I will have you and Mr. Dirt Nap choose if you risk association with him.
    Now the location is the alley outside the nightclub Rapture."

He hands over a matchbook with the address of the club.

"Personally, the identity of the lawbreaker strikes me as hard to believe. I don't want any besmirching of character on someone whose made such great strides for the Invictus in Sacramento. I do implore you to keep this close to your chest, so to speak. Locate who did commit the Breach and eliminate pictures and evidence of any Kindred. Tracking down 'Rosario' is likely the quickest route. Do you need anything else from us?"

He glanced at the cane.
    "You can reach Miss Kowalsic throughout the night with updates or additional questions, but she is not able to go out to these scenes herself. Please tell Dirt Nap of all that I conveyed to you."

A business card is handed over with contact details for ' Isobel Kowalsic', styling her as a Vice President of Security Industries.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward inclines his head in agreement, then accepts the offered matchbook.

"Of course, Mister Kowalsic, on my word, I shall exercise discretion."
    "I have everything I require, Mister Kowalsic."
    "I will confer with Dirt Nap."
    He reached, taking the card between thumb and forefinger before rising, "unless there is more you require of me, I will take my leave in order to begin my investigation, Mister Kowalsic."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I believe you have everything that you need. I'm handling another aspect, so I might not be available.
    Please feel free to update Miss Kowalsic throughout the investigation.

Speed and discretion are key. Best of luck to you and Mr. Dirt Nap. I'm sure you understand how important this is to maintain the stability of the masquerade."

He emphasizes.

*( Sorry Mobile isn't coding right. Go ahead and make a new thread contacting Dirt Nap / Horatio)

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"There is something that just occurred to me." The Invictus Masquerade enforcer spoke up suddenly, appearing deep in thought.

"There is someone I would like you to include when you arrange to meet with Dirt Nap: Mable Wood. Former Keeper and currently a member of the Circle of the Crone. She could prove very helpful to the investigation."

It went went without saying that it would add an aspect to the investigation for Edward - preventing Mable from leaking anything that would embarrass the First Estate.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread