James came as promised, wandering through the camp toward Dwight’s tent as the morning sun peeked over the horizon.

A few others had risen as well, eyes turning to the unruly man moving through the camp’s center. Among those few, a handful of fearful eyes even spotted a second figure. But James? James did not.

2 successes

1 success

However, the aim is off and James just barely hears the baseball bat whizz past his ear. Turning to face the music, the thug gets hit by his assailant’s second attack.

It was fucking Bart, or Buggy as the camp called him, holding his blunt instrument of choice for the assault. He wasn’t his usual plain self though. No cautious stare or blending in the background. Just a cold stare, even after James slammed into him with his fist.

1 success

Dodging a third attack from the would-be hero of the vagrants here, James just laughed.

failure

“You stupid son of a bitch,” James blurted, “Didn’t learn your lesson last time?”

Buggy just smiled.

“Guess, I’m getting rusty...,” he said, before looking to the rest, “Little help?”

failure

No one moved.

“Do you really want me breathing down your fucking necks too?” Buggy asked, fury in his voice. Gesturing to James with his bat, he bellowed out a simple command “Move! Now!"

6 successes

The threat, coupled with Buggy’s dark countenance, seemed to mobilize a few of the campers And they began to converge. James pushed away some, but a few managed to get a hold. Then a few more. Eventually they forced the man to kneel.

And that’s when Buggy really got to work.

3 successes

It wasn’t a lot, but it’s amazing the work a few strikes to the legs will do.

“Look… you tell Dwight I don’t need to see Sherry, okay?” James said, his hard facade beginning to crack, “Just quit fucking hitting me.”

Bugul said nothing, eyes still cold and his smile growing more sinister as he knelt down by the man. Then he retrieved a pocketknife from his pocket. He could almost see James’ heart skip a beat as he opened up the blade.

“What are you doing?” James asked, his voice almost frantic.

“Giving you what you want,” Bugul said, “Said you were coming for blood right?”

The blade hovered near the man’s throat before slowly rising upward.

Then Buggy cut his free palm, letting the blood drip freely on James’ face as the man struggled in vain to avoid it.

“C’mon, you don’t even want to open your mouth?” Buggy teased, chuckling as the thug turned squeamish beneath him. James whimpered.

Finally, the bloodied hand of the Goatman came down to the man’s face, gripping it tightly and forcing James' gaze to meet his.

“Let me be perfectly clear,” Buggy said, his voice dropping to a low hissing whisper, “If I see your ass wander in here again, you won’t even see me coming. The only red you’re gonna see is your own when I bleed you. Blink twice if you understand.”

And there they were, two blinks signifying his submission.

3 successes

"Good, now get the fuck out of here," Buggy said.

Thus, the thug that was James hobbled out of the camp and Bugul was left staring at half the camp looking back to him with fear in their eyes.

That... could've gone better.

Sorry for all the rolls everyone! Some combat was involved and I wanted to include rolls that I felt would be appropriate in order to be fair. Saber Sloth if you feel I should have handled this differently, please let me know if the glimpse needs to be rewritten or if another approach is needed. This is meant as the feeding of fear glimpse needed to pursue Autumn Court membership.

For reference, I used the Gangbanger stats for James attacks and defense values on p. 205 nWoD Core Rulebook.