Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Thyrsus Ecstatic BBQ - Page 3
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ecstatic BBQ

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima studies Aurora's face for a moment, as he chews before replying. "Well enough. I've been doing some scouting and research, a little of this and that. If you were interested, I dug up a name. I thought we might like to summon a spirit after dinner. Word on the street is it's a pleasant enough spirit, might be a good group activity." He takes a sip of his beer, before continuing, "I also have a game called Heads Up, we could play. I have a patient who plays with their family and I thought it looked like fun. How are you doing?"

He gives Skye a smile and waves off the offer of a hug, but motions to offer her a seat.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shrug, “Just a simply misunderstanding, no biggie.” And it wasn’t. Weird, yes. “And I haven’t always been part of the Mysterium, but the Arrows were never for me.” A fighter she wasn’t.

“My dad actually. It was something he could do on the road and I used to help him. And decided to keep doing it. It’s weird, but I find it relaxing.” And she was slowly improving over time.

Again, with the hugs, and she had to ask, “So, like, what’s with all the hugs?” no judgement, she was just curious.

Summon a spirit? “I’m not opposed to it, but I don’t have good experiences with Spirits.” But who wants to play Summon the Spirit after dinner? “Heads Up? I’m always down for fun games.”

Sipping her beer, “Doing ok. Finally moved back into my loft and have my own Sanctum setup. Taking a bit longer then I would have liked, but, it is what it is. Also looking at trading in my car for something bigger. Hauling furniture sucks in a sports car.” Laughing.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Not wanting to disturb Guru and Briar Rose she did not intervene there at all, she did find her exciting that much was true and her attitude actually just made her all the more interesting but it would make it hard to befriend her but ohh well friendships that grew with time could be stronger ones.

Sitting down next to Anima a bit disappointed that he did not want a hug she did love to hug people and this city were sorely lacking in huggers the game did sound interesting though and might give her some insight into the side of herself that she had totally ignored for far to long.
    "I have never heard of that game I am afraid but if it was a serious suggestion so am I always game I do have some energy to spare" Drinking some of her water to keep her body at peak condition in this heat.

Giggling a bit as she looks to Adi.
    "Well I do say that we talked about a lot and I was still feeling her out at that point in time so some misunderstandings were bound to happen especially given how different we are, it took her ages to get that I hit on her." Well she was quite open with her constant hitting on people of both genders so that should not come as a shock to anyone. "So did you belong to some other group before or just an apostate? For me the ways of the arrows were my way to deal with things and I quite love the teaching that helps with declining political power as I hate such things." Perhaps not the best thing to say around these two but hopefully they had no animosity over the change of power.

Giggling a bit over the question about hugs.
    "Well for me it is about the physical contact, I am used to it, I grew up with it and it is a sign to show that you care about others from what I have heard so does it also help against depressions and feeling down but I am no expert there. People tend to not want them though so after my mistake with Pixel so have I taken the custom of asking first except for Guru over there as he is always gain for one."

Ohh wait that reminded her.
    "Hey Adi if my memory serves so did you like working with wood I would love to see your workshop sometimes and see what you have made, I love working with my hands myself and I am quite sure that I would be a good handyman and carpenter if I gave it a serious try." She had always been good with her hands and wood was her forte afterall.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Briar Rose gives Guru a flat look.

"We have literally just fuckin' met. In what universe are we gonna share some, and talk about our feelings?" her eyes roll hard. Her hands come up, hands undecided between claws and fists. They flutter around uselessly.

She's quiet as Guru continues to talk. Her scowl is fierce.

"I'd ask if you're on something, but I know you're on something." comes a mutter, but she doesn't huff away, but she doesn't turn back to the barbecue.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Because I don't know you, because I have no preconceived notions of who you might be." He started to shrug but flinched for a second his bottom lip tucking in expecting to get hit. He let out the breath he didn't know he'd been holding as those hands flailed.

"I mean, usually, yea. Not now, not yet." But after that he stayed quiet letting her lead as they walked together either she wanted to talk or she didn't, not like he could force it on her she was her own person after all. Fiercely independent.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima listens to both Aurora and Skye, nodding along with the latter's explanation of their perspective.

"A game it is then. I'd hoped we could all speak to the Guardian, but I'll handle that on my own later then." He continues to eat and drink until Aurora brings up trading in her sports car. "Have you spoken with it about being traded in? Perhaps it'd prefer you add to the family rather than remove it. I'm sure it sounds silly, but if you think about it, a lot out our own energy, our own resonance goes into our vehicles, and then we casually toss them aside, without thinking how it has become an extension of ourselves." Anima sigh, "I'm doing it again, I'm sure you didn't mention it because you wanted my input." He stuffs his mouth to keep himself from continuing.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I’ve always found games with groups a lot of fun. Used to play a few different ones with a Cabal a while ago, always good for bonding and all that.” And maybe that’s what the Path needed. A way to bond.

Skye hit on Phoenyx? The Arrow was attractive in her own way, so that didn’t surprise her. It was that Skye seemed to hit on a lot of people.

“I spent most of my time as a Ladder.” A shrug as she sipped her beer. It was old news to her. “Nothing wrong with disliking the political side of things. But it’s always good to know how it works.” She was just tired of it.

A slight nod as she listened, “Huh.” Physical contact? “I don’t want to discourage what makes you happy, but I’m glad you’ve taken to asking first. Clears up any misunderstandings.”

Taking another sip, “Well, I don’t work with wood in the traditional sense. I refurbish furniture, breathe new life into old pieces.” See where she worked? “I don’t have a set place I work. I do some work in my loft, and some in a warehouse space I rent. Which is also where I train and practice.” Not a place she liked to bring people.

Looking over to where Briar Rose and Guru were, she frowns. “I hope they both come back and enjoy some food and drink.” Not said to anyone in particular, just said.

“If you want to speak with the Spirit, then you should. Not every Spirit is friendly and willing to speak, so it’s a chance you shouldn’t pass up.”
    She just didn’t like Spirits. “Spoken with it?” then she realized he meant the car, “Oh, uh, no. It wasn’t something that crossed my mind.” She figured she’d just trade it in. Laughing, “I have nothing against your input, I mentioned it because it was part of what I’ve been busy with. Add all the input you want.”

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Hmm seemed like Briar Rose had stopped her leaving at least, that was a good sign.

Finishing her water and waiting to see if they both would return or not eating was always more fun when eating together and not just some here and some there.

Wait what did he just say to care of the spirit and life of a man made mass produced object their life wasn't even grand to begin with so why care about them. If it was handmade so sure or if it was a particularly loved one but most people only saw cars as things to use not to love and to nurture as such it just sounded odd.

"Heyy do you have any croquet sett or some kubb those are great games to play or maybe that cornhole game that can be quite fun as well." Still not fully sure what that heads up game he had mentioned were but he didn't seem to be in the mood to wanna reply to that question either. "Feel free to do that spirit thingy if you like, sadly I am not that great when it comes to the spiritual side of stuff just never felt fully right to me, I really should learn to embrace that side a bit better soon though."

Her head turning to Aurora.
    "So what's your favorite games? I am pretty much into most ones where you can use your body and not just sit still even though some nice board games can be fun at times as well but those are more night games than day games or at the very least autumn or winter ones." There was always a grander reason to be inside during that time of the year.

Lightly shrugging her shoulders.
    "Live long enough and you will see how it works if you are around it I just have no desire to get into it I am content as long as I can fulfill my own mission and for that I have no need of political power only for good people to hold it." True that would mean that learning the ropes would be a necessity though, sigh oh well that could come in due time. "A ladder? Hmm ok doesn't sound like to radical a leap hope there was no animosity of the switch in factions."

Waving her hand a bit.
    "I have always asked first it just seems like my overly strong personality was initially misread so I am trying to keep things a bit safer. Sadly I am not used to city folk so to speak I do hope that term isn't offensive, I grew up with very free spirited people as a base and the only outsider that we had contact with were at most townsfolk which of course we had our own issues with amongst those of the same age of course and after that it has mostly just been some strangers and my mentor for the past couple of years and now a large city." Really not her turf neither with the people nor the scene as a whole.

Thinking for a second before replying.
    "Did I ask that before? I know that you were refurbishing things but I am unsure if I asked where you worked when we met in the park nor if you felt that you could be fully open yet." Lightly giggling a bit "You should have seen my surprise when SC turned out to be the one I was set to spend half my days guarding in his cell it really is a small world sometime." Or a lot of strings of fate if you would follow her master which would mean that ahh, shaking her head trying to get his words out of it damn that bastard was though to cancel out.

Nodding along to Aurora's final words things were always better in groups and with hopefully friends to be.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Something flutters across her face. Lingering as she turns to stare at Guru again. There's a ocean within her eyes. Disbelief, confusion, a fading anger but a wariness.

"Fuckin' hell." she mutters. "I'm leaving." she turns again. Away from the group. "You can stay. Have some free food, get high. Or not. It's not like anyone's stopping you from following me." comes from the pinkette, even though they know that if she didn't want to be followed, she could stop him.

failure

This time B-Ro will leave the scene! Thanks for putting up with Miss Grumpypants.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Try as he might he couldn't read it her, hopefully someone else at the meeting got her temperature there all he had was base conjecture and suspicion. She seemed to be holding a lot of negative emotions inside of her that she needed to let out. He might not be the best to read 'em but he could certainly listen, help give a good environment for such.

failure

He sighed waving a hand up in the air. "Invitations open, I gotchu if you need it." He didn't want to push it too much or else she might snap. If he'd been able to get her temperature better he'd have known more if it was worth following or not. He walked back to the group with a frown.

"So, uh, can anyone tell me what that was about? Sorry. I did try, really. I gotta catch up though it seems." His voice lacking the same level of jubilation it normally held, eyes still glancing back worried about the poor soul as he went back to the bottle he'd left on the table and began rummaging through his bags.

"Anyone want anything while I'm in here?" He pulled out a white pill bottle shaking a literal handful loose before tossing them into his mouth and chasing them with the alcohol finishing with a gasp.

"Any other family business we need to discuss besides..."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread