Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Thyrsus Ecstatic BBQ - Page 4
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ecstatic BBQ

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The bald one hmmm, "A yard game? I'm afraid I hadn't thought of anything like that. Group gatherings like this always make me think of Ouija boards and spirits summonings." He offers Aurora a wink, "all work and no play...."

He motions around them, his sweeping encompassing the little backyard garden oasis amidst Sacramento's concrete, asphalt, and steel. "Take a peek if you wish. You should see what I've cultivated here."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Favorite games?” did she have any favorites? “Well, I’ve been learning chess, but I enjoy games that engage people to talk and get to know each other. Oh, and if it can make everyone laugh, even better.” The games she had in mind though, she wasn’t sure how it would work with this group.

Shrugging, “No animosity that I know of.” And if there was? So be it.

Sipping her beer, “Well, there is also issues within our community. Some aren’t as trusting with touching another Awakened. I can’t really blame them, but I’m glad you haven’t taken it personally.” Because then it causes drama.

“Where I work? My loft is in an industrial section of the city, and it’s over a warehouse. So I have a space that I use for training and refurbishing. I don’t tend to let people into my training and work space.”
    Privacy and all.

Looking to Guru as he came back, sadly, without Briar Rose. “I don’t know. I don’t know her very well, we haven’t had a chance to sit down and talk yet. After a few days, I’ll give her a call, see if I can find out what’s up.” But she wouldn’t pry. She was too old to play babysitter and peace keeper.

3. Likes liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Shaking her head towards Guru.
    "Sorry I am not the best with reading people I am afraid, I am better with dogs or young children they are often far easier but here sadly no." Waving her hand towards him. "Nahh thanks I'm good, I am waiting for some calm before getting a plate and as for other stuff so do I prefer my mind clear until we have a proper celebration event time." It was always best to get to know people sober first.

Laughing a bit at Anima's words.
    "We really are different, I would never think of doing something like that heck I don't even think I have seen a Ouija board since I was in my early teenage years and the older boys and girls wanted to scare us now that story ended so wrong though." Composing herself for a couple of seconds before carrying on. "Now I had been having a long day and when they picked it out so did we sit there I think we were four girls and two boys me included, all I could see darkness slowly creeping up on me as my body tried to remain awake until suddenly crashing forward, hitting my head on the Ouija board and making some kind of sound I don't know if it was a snore or a aouchiee sound or a combination nevertheless so did it scare the rest of the group enough to cause at least one of them to scream which caused a chain reaction of screams and how the devil had possessed me, naturally waking me up from all the screams but still dead tired and half in a daze. Not so fun at the time but a nice memory now, I doubt it fitted the kind of play you sought to have though."

Looking around a bit.
    "Hmm I doubt chess would work well in a group like this but since were four so maybe charades might work? That makes you need to talk and you might laugh, play without teams and just for fun and you can really laugh. Otherwise I have said the ones I mostly play or can think of, I would love further input though for future reference."

Just lightly shaking her head towards Aurora.
    "No worries I am quite easy going in manners that aren't risks of safety or things that might harm people so I do not get offended easily and can take people personalities without issues besides my current ways does help me read and see more of people quicker which might be a boon as well. Not that I will deny that I am a very open person to begin with but no worries I see no enjoyment in drama or needless arguments or fights." Better save your energy for the thing that actually really do wants to kill you.

"Sounds rather nice, I would love to see some of your work sometimes but I can understand the need for privacy." Looking around and making sure that Briar really is gone and cannot hear, feeling sure that she would not be one to take the joke that well. "I do have a small wonder though she is Briar Rose and you are Aurora so which one of the two of you will get Phillip?" Lightly smiling a bit whilst trying to keep a straight face. "Bad joke I know but its been festering in my mind ever since I heard both your names."

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I just took a handful of mushrooms so I will definitely explore your garden here in a little bit. I'm a bit of a horticulturist if you want some grow tips though much to Skye's chagrin I don't let it grow wild, I control the growth."

He listened as Aurora spoke, he'd be sober for a bit before things really kicked in. He could accelerate that uptake if he wanted but using magic like that was most unwise. "Yea if you want company for that i'll join you, if you wanna handle it solo I respect that too. Getting to know each other sounds like a good idea if we're going to have each others backs."

As he listened to Skye a sudden realization passed over his face. "Oh, shit...food." He said forgetting it had even been there as they discussed, his head occasionally popping up to listen more intently as he made himself a plate.

"Yea I'm not too familiar with Spirits either but I know, I think, that it's more like Shinto where everything has a soul or in this case a Spirit. No Charades, no. We can just have an open and honest discussion, but if that doesn't work we can play 2 truths and a lie, never, have I ever, something like that." He quirked a brow and tilted his head at Skye the joke having gone clearly over his head.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima gets up to place his now empty beer in the recycle bin. "Chess is delightful, have you heard of the shadow version?"

He listens to Skye's story, "I'm not sure I understand... you did that intentionally? or you believe you'd been possessed?" Grabbing some vegetable sticks he takes his seat once again.

"Please explore away Guru, and I believe you are onto something, two truths and a lie could be fun indeed."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I can take some pictures and show you sometime. My workspace just isn’t really visitor friendly, and I have some new things I’m working on that I’m not ready to share yet.” Ones that had been years in the making. Then a look of confusion, “Phillip? I don’t know a Phillip…” she trails off, not quite sure what to say.

“The only Spirits I’ve spoken with were…odd. One way too eager to have someone to speak with, and one wasn’t soo friendly. So I’ve simply stayed away from them.”
    A shrug.

“Shadow version?” a shake of her head, “No. Is it something worth learning?” she asks, “I’ve only started learning to play, watching online videos and reading a few books.” So if she would ever be any good at it remained to be seen. “Now there’s a game I haven’t played in a few years. That always leads to fun conversations.”

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mushrooms at a gathering like this? Now that didn't sound good, this were the first real meeting of social means between most of them and to get out of your mind on drugs for something like that did not sound like a good idea in her mind still Guru be Guru it seems.
    "I prefer the wild but control can bring beauty as well, better to exist than to never exist there are still plenty of areas where they can grow freely as well."

Her eyes going over to Anima as he speaks of shadow chess.
    "Now what is the shadow version of chess? Sounds like something from some cartoon to me to be honest." Probably one like that weird card cartoon series.

Shaking her head.
    "No no I did not believe it they all believed it due to the fear of the game itself I was just dead tired and failed to keep my eyes open any longer it was all an accident which I later got a bit teased for. It only lasted a couple of days though then it slowly grew into a funny memory."

Her eyes turning towards Aurora as she quickly nods.
    "That sounds like the next best thing at least so that would be very fun thanks." Wait she didn't get the joke? Ohh ok better to explain it. "It's a joke made from both your names, you know the classic Disney movie sleeping beauty? Her name is Aurora but the sleeping beauty story is also known as briar rose true it may refer more to the original tale but it is still connected and the prince in that movie is named Phillip." Worthless trivia and a poor joke especially since she had to explain it but still it was nice to have it over and dealt with.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Huh, interesting trivia." He said as Skye explained the joke, he'd seen both those films but couldn't say he was acquainted with either of the source stories. He blinked a couple times as his pupils began to stretch and grow as he idly thought of how he was going to move forward with the game.

"I can start. So my three are; I've been held at gunpoint, I practice Taekwondo, and I've been swimming with sharks." He nodded his head, two were true one was a lie there was three of them so the each had a shot to get it right if they each picked a different answer. Any game involving more focus would be a coin toss at current.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Quick note: one day over, so start winding down this scene.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thinking for a second before turning her head towards Guru.
    "This is a hard one as a guess could be of an insult towards you however I will guess that you do not train taekwondo whilst hoping that I am wrong, if you do so will it be of ease to know that you will not be defenseless if were ever in a situation where I might need to defend you so if you do so would I love to know how skilled you are as well."

Grabbing a couple of fruits whilst looking over the garden.
    "However I think much have happened here tonight and it might be time for us all to part, I do hope that we can meet soon again and perhaps play a game or have some fun together even though I will admit that I would not be an interesting chess opponent at all."

Looking towards the exit before turning towards Anima.
    "I thank you for having hosted this gathering Doc and I do hope that we will be able to have our talk soon as well if you do not mind so will I go refill my waterskin before leaving."

Entering the house for a little bit doing just what she had said she would do whilst also bringing her glass back into the kitchen before returning back out ready to leave.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread