Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Same, it’s going. It was Julie right?” if she overheard correctly, “I’m Madison. Been in town long?” reaching into her bag for an energy drink.

Waving to Guru as he joined the group, “Hi.” Simple greeting until she knew what name he preferred. Always best to be sure.

As local authorities show up, she stays quiet, only answering anything if asked. But she didn’t blame them for taking Skye’s weapons, the law was the law. And even Awakened weren’t above it.

“A little bit of leaves never hurt anyone when swimming. It’ll still be nice and I can’t wait to get in!”
    opening the can, “Surfing? Road trip?” a shrug, “I might pass on that, kinda road tripped out for a bit.” She had spent way too much time on the road.

When Kaze mentions the no alcohol thing, she nods, “Yeah, I was going to bring some of my home brew, but then realized that most parks don’t allow alcohol.” A slight frown.

Shaking her head to Skye, “No new shows planned. I’ve had some calls for private ones, but nothing planned for the general public yet. But with Chase kicking around now, I should setup that performance I promised you guys.”

2. Likes Shane, , Ruach liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"Yep. A few months, give or take." she responded plainly to Aurora. Small-talk never was her forte, but she hoped she could soak up some social energy just by hanging around. Osmosis, or something like that.

"I'll remember that." She answers as Skye releases her from a hug. Thinking back, it was difficult to recall the last time she had been on real date since her awakening. A fact that didn't really bother her, but was a little too embarrassing to say out loud. She made her way over to beach chair, taking a moment to wave an introduction to Guru as he arrived. She sat down and stretched her legs out with a sigh. When the park rangers arrived, she sat quietly, playing with her hoodie strings. She was amused at Kaze's polite dealings with the officers, it seemed like he knew the right things to say anyway.

Once that was over, she allowed herself to relax against the back of the chair, sinking into a comfortable position. "What sort of performance?" she asked, genuinely curious about Aurora's talents, but also clearly oblivious to any sort of recognition the Shaman may be due.

4. Likes Shane, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I mean Guru's usually what I'm called, but if you need to call me something else you can call me..." There was a distinctive pause here as his brain took a second to process a fake name to give himself. "Josh." Keeping all these names and Shadow names straight was going to be a challenge.

He returned Skye's hug, a tight squeeze, two pats and then a release. He wasn't aware of her comfort level yet so more intense hugs were on the fence now. He could understand Warlock's, very understandable, paranoia but giving up touch and physical closeness like that. He'd rather gamble than sacrifice it.

"Surfing, talking my language there Chase. Been awhile since I've caught a wave, too much time out in the desert before I got here. I used to have my own board but that's been a hot minute."

He nodded though looked confused when he said non-alcoholic stuff and that's when the police showed up and fined Skye. He just kept talking to "Chase" about surfing during this time. As a straight up criminal though he could feel his ass clench as they hung around. He'd learned that the best thing to do was just be normal. Thank god for the AUMA though.

As "Chase" went to smooth things over with the authorities he'd work on setting up and maintaining the grill. He wasn't about to volunteer for that, his disregard and dislike for authority bristling at his skin. Maybe that's why you're still an Apostate, don't like authority. Maybe.

"Yea, I've gotta work my network here since I just moved but I might be able to loan you a few bucks. I'll let you know what I can if you need anything." A casual shrug, money was money and his services didn't really go out of style, even more so since marijuana was legal now. Time to look at being a silent partner in a dispensary.

He offered a wave and a bright smile to Madison. "Hey there! Josh. Think we've mostly met in passing." He returned Julie's wave and offered the same smile before the wave turned to a point and a nod. "Love to see a performance, bells on and such."

6. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles as Skye and Mobius continue to get to know each other. He laughs when Skye insists he loves his truck. She doesn't easily change her impressions. He doesn't mind though.

Kaze tenses slightly before it becomes clear that Skye isn't going to do anything to force a confrontation with the authorities. He nods to her after they leave in acknowledgement of her having stayed under control and not making an unpleasant situation worse.

"Sure, I'll help." Kaze promises Skye. "The first thing to do though, seriously, is get legal advice from the lady at work. Seriously, it's a city thing, trust me, you want to get advice from a lawyer who knows what's going on. It can save you so much trouble and hassle."

Kaze casually looks over towards Aurora while Skye changes. "Yeah, it's a great swim on a warm day." He agrees about the river. "No worries about the road trip. I totally get it."

He nods and says, "Yes, please!" When Aurora offers to set up a performance.

Kaze nods and listens as Mobius chit chats with Aurora. He notices that Aurora seems to have a knack for putting people at ease and being easy to talk to.

He smiles and says, "Totally great that you came, Josh!" to Guru.

"Oh it's on!" Kaze says, grinning when Guru says he's up for a trip to the coast for surfing.

"Have you surfed any beaches around here?" Kaze asks Guru. "I grew up in L.A., so mostly surfed down there. Okinawa too, it was pretty great there. I found a nice beach up here, 'South Salmon'; it's not too crowded, and not really for beginners, but I'm pretty sure Skye is going to love it; I told her I'd go and cover the rental on a board when we got there." He says. "It'd be awesome if you could come too, Josh."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes Shane liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A few months? Huh.

“Well…welcome!” though where she’d been hiding for a few months was still a question. “If you’re ever looking to just get out one night or just hangout, let me know.” Always good to be friendly and welcoming.

The whole hug thing was still weird to her. Maybe that was because she was a bit more reserved with those things?

Taking a drink, “I used to be a circus slash side show performer. Well, kinda still am, but looking to retire. So side show type things, fire, swords, the usual.” Well, usual to her. The suspension was left off, it caused too many questions.

A nod to Guru, “Josh it is.” Info filed away.

When the offers to help Skye with money and replacing her weapons came up, Aurora didn’t say anything. In her opinion, Skye brought it on herself and shouldn’t get help with the punishment.

“Only in passing, so hopefully we can talk more today!” cause, same Path. “Bells?” a smirk and laugh, “Afraid those aren’t part of the act. But it might make the fire dancing a bit more entertaining.” A small shrug. Though they'd probably get in the way.

And as talk turned to surfing, she spread out the blanket she brought, slips her shorts off and sits. Using the bag as a pillow, she lays back and listens to the conversation.

10. Likes Shane, , Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Sigh that was boring.
    "Ohh well there is always a new tomorrow let's just wait and see when one will come up, I am looking forward to see one though. Who knows we might even be able to do something together for charity or what not sometime you with your act and me with some gymnastic acts."

Bending her body backwards, placing her hands in the sand and looking to the shy girl.
    "Act quickly and you will even be my first date ever, never had much luck getting actual dates growing up."
    Flipping her body up to stand on her hands.
    "Ohh I am sorry though I never asked what do you do and what kind of interests do you have? As you probably have guessed so am I the master of standing still around here."
    Splitting her legs in the air before putting one foot down and pushing herself back on her feet, ahh it was really so much easier to move with minimum clothing and it was nice to ease out the body.

Laughing a bit as Jay well it was easier to remember that Josh explains himself.
    "See I told you that he would be up for something like that or perhaps he is just lying to see me fall a couple of times. I promise to not disappoint cutie."

Shaking her head towards him as well as she had already done to Chase.
    "Thanks but I handle my own issues, you both keep your own hard earned money I am not one that puts such financial strains on others besides May is over, I have a chance to find something to do otherwise I will just create some things to sell it will sort itself out. I do appreciate the thought though." One should pay for ones own mistakes after all.

Listening to Kaze's words and already feeling a bit out of her element.
    "Umm yeah that sounds good, legal stuff and all things like that is not my element so I would love the help there if possible and how to pay as said but no money thanks that is my thing to deal with."

Needing a change of talk before her mind gets to disoriented.
    "Hey Gu...Josh mind if I say Jay if I cannot say Guru that would be a lot easier to remember and next time feel free to go for a close warm hug I don't mind for now at least if I find a partner then he or she might have another thing to say about it but hopefully they will agree that a hug is innocent."

Stretching a bit, preparing herself.
    "Anyway I thought we came here to swim so whose up for getting in the water?"

12. Likes Shane, , Ruach liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"Thanks." She replies to Aurora's offer to hit the town. She spent most of her time cooped up - of her own volition - but how many times could she make a new years resolution to get out more before actually doing it? "Let's paint the town red, sometime." If as the kids say was a feeling, it was palpable here.

Mobius watches bemused, and a little impressed, as Skye does her flippy-stretchy thing. If the hair wasn't enough of a giveaway, this Shaman was a bit of a show-off. "Act quickly? You sound like an infomercial." she laughs, trying to mentally decide if Skye would appear on the 5am exercise machine slot, or the 1:30am adult call line. Grateful to change the subject, Mobius answers "I'm definitely a bookworm." a little pride in her voice, "I have more books at home than I've read, but I'm always looking to get more." Scratching her nose, she is reminded that she'll need a bigger bookcase soon.

Between Kaze and Guru, who could be the surf king? Kaze spoke of a lot of experience, but Guru definitely had that 'whoa, dude' surfer vibe.

"Hey.. Chase." the name a little unfamiliar to her tongue, "Can you toss me a water or something?" Oh wait, "Please."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

“All up and down the coast of California, surfed once further up north along Oregon. Think I picked a bad beach and a bad day. Stony shore, not a lot of waves. Still, nice to get out of the familiar. Okinawa, you’ll have to tell me about that sometime I’ve never been out of the country technically. I definitely can’t turn down a surf trip, that sounds great!” He said with an excited laugh pearly white teeth shining through that smile.

No one had kicked him off the grill yet and he hadn’t been about to stop, he’d set up the coals and now was waiting for it to get to temp. He’d pull out his trays of burgers set them to the side but keep the cheese in the cooler for now. “Anyone got anything else they want cooked, preference on cheese?” He looked around to those gathered just fitting right into the provider role.

“I’d be the one, nevermind.” He waved off the correction when Aurora brought up the bells. “It’d definitely be super interesting though I’d be afraid of the heat retention. Did you know that Tungsten has the highest melting point of metals over six thousand degrees Farenheit? Pretty fuckin’ cool right? Think that’s why it’s used in Sci-Fi as ammunition so much.”

It was a random tid bit but the thought of melting bells connected to his knowledge of chemistry and then lead to that fact. The mind was a chaotic place. “Yea Jay’s just fine and a hug is a hug is a hug.” He shrugged, they were in agreement there it seemed. He had a spatula in one hand but still put his hand together and gave Skye a small bow. “Through tribulations we grow stronger, another lesson to be learned, another story to be told. You end up making bows like that I might buy one off you, never hurts…”

“Grilling right now or I’d join you for a swim.” Though as he heard Mobius’ words his mind split in two, his lips curled up that smile looking a little more mischievous as he picked up his vape from the cooler and took a hit. It smelled more like berries than anything. “why wait, we can paint the town red right now, carpe diem and all that. We’ll always say tomorrow so long as we have tomorrow to fall back on. On another note, reading anything interesting?” Like the journal of organic chemistry, no, just me? Shame.

16. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, just appreciating Aurora's calm and secure demeanor, listening to her interactions with Mobius, Skye and Guru. Even her slower, more relaxed pace of laying out for some sun and relaxation before going in to swim is practical and calming. What's a lazy day in the sun by the river if you rush through it?

Skye seems so young as she talks about never having had a date before and constantly in motion. He remembers what she told him about having limited her physical aging since eighteen. Then she takes responsibility for earning the money to pay her own fine and shows some years of maturity, even accepting advice while declining money. Definitely a display of grown up behavior even more impressive in its way than the gymnastic maneuvers and display of limber flexibility.

"Hey that's cool, Julie! What do you like to read? I'm like in the middle of so many books, all non-fiction. One is about plant intelligence, another is about Franciscan Monks, and then there's school text books, mostly medical and paramedic stuff right now." Kaze says. "Oh sure, here." He smiles and slow pitches an ice cold, unopened plastic water bottle underhand towards Mobius, not directly at her but to a point just to her right side to be easy to catch but not hit her if she missed it.

"Hey, thanks Josh!" Kaze says, "If you're up for it, I'd love a 'double double', two patties and two slices of cheese? I have a bunch of hot dog packages in the cooler too if you want any."

Kaze laughs and stands up when Skye challenges the field to go in swimming! He had planned on starting the cooking, and having hot dogs ready for people after they swim, but since Guru is taking that responsibility he feels almost a responsibility as host to help lead the charge into the river!

"Okay, I'm in!" Kaze says, laughing and heading into the river to swim a while!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

18. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug from her new position on her blanket, “Depends. Securing permits is a bit of a pain in the ass. Not many places are willing to let me perform due to the fire. Then it’s making sure my guy has the day free. So I’m kinda limited.” And anyways, she performed alone.

Laughing, “You got it!” reaching behind her head, she moves a hand around in the bag until she pulls out a pen a piece of paper. Scribbling on it, she gets up and walks over, handing it to Mobius, “Here’s my number. I set my own work schedule, so call or text when you feel like getting out for a bit. Or even just got coffee.” She loved her caffeine.

At the mention of books, “What do you read? I’ve been looking to expand my knowledge and read more.” Mysterium and all. Plus, she wanted more knowledge, more know things. Not be perceived as the dumb blonde.

Smirking, “I actually did, but am impressed that someone else knows it. I did research on it before getting my fans, but those are all made out of steel, it’s a bit lighter.” She was quite surprised he knew about the metal.

As Kaze moves to swim, she sits back on her blanket. Content for the moment to watch and enjoy the sun.

20. Likes Ruach, liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread