Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2006) Seneschal Aside

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 1, 2020 : (2006) June's Informal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Lenora stays, perhaps she wished to observe how the Haunt handled this Acknowledgement, perhaps she hadn't wished to disturb the evening more by walking across the room once more, or perhaps, perhaps she wanted a front row seat. Which is seeming more and more likely the longer the Shadow speaks.

"You are assuming I or the Domain would wish to hire you." she head tilts, strings lulling on one side, and drawing taut on the other. She points her sockets towards where the male's voice had come from, as she straightens her neck. "Priscus Black is an Acknowledged Kindred within the Domain on Sacramento. If she wanted to call your animal Lord Rainbow Shits Glitter, then she had every right to do so."

Her voice is cold and hollow. Empty and vast. She feels the Wraith stir, raising from the waters, and sinking down deep into her bones.

"Yes, our business if concluded. Leave. Now. You will not find Acknowledgement tonight. Come back in one month, then we will talk of your Acknowledgement and feeding rights within the Barrens. And, remember Mister Quilz, there will be consequences for poaching."

She turns her face from the Shadow, he was dismissed and had no more business with the Haunt tonight, instead to speaks of Lenora. "My apologies Priscus. It seems that Quilz might require something more intensive then a simple primer, if he does, in fact, receive his Acknowledgement next month."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes Stray, Ruach, , West, liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora simply listens, her stoic expression remaining as the Mekhet before her struggles to gain footing with his charm - and offers advice on how she should spend her Prestation.

"You speak of Prestation to me? Do you think me young, Mr. Quilz?"
    she asked, "It would be wise to dismiss this notion before engaging me further."

Few understood that Lenora had graced the Earth for over a century. Granted, most of this was in ghouldom, but the time placed her knowledge far and above most neonates, which was a point that likely seemed clear from the Seneschal's obvious support in the wake of Quilz's attempts to minimize her worth.

As the Seneschal speaks of Horatio's mutt and her own status, Lenora is all too happy to allow a slight smile to hit her face. A signal of pride, perhaps, but this is a battle Horatio cannot win. He is an unknown variable. Lenora, by contrast, has been quantified by the powers to be and considered a figure of some worth, modest or otherwise. However, Lenora's eyes remain on the man that has made himself her opponent in the night's battle within Elysium.

"I care very little for your other talents if you lack the discipline to handle yourself appropriately in Court,"
    Lenora states, as the man suggests he has more to offer, "This world has many knives. What it lacks is men of a certain quality. Clearly."

Then came the man's unceremonius dismissal.

"A shame,"
    Lenora offers, though the tone is laden with light sarcasm, "I have no interest in providing my services to a nomadic Kindred. For the moment, your word is functionally useless and it would be foolish to assume you would honor Prestation. The offer of education is thus rescinded. Should you gain Acknowledgement in July, I will grant consideration in providing a primer as a measure of good will, but not before you attain a place for yourself via Acknowledgement."

Lenora studies the man for a moment.

"Should you feel the pangs of hunger in the coming month, I suggest you remind yourself of your role in it,"
    Lenora concludes.

And with that Lenora looks away, the Mekhet shunned to her periphery by his self-inflicted outcast. Looking to the blind Alice, Lenora's slight smile returns.

"I am grateful, but there is little to apologize for, Seneschal,"
    Lenora offers, "When agreeing to a duty to the Domain, it is important to consider the troubles that may arise. Truly, the tragedy is not mine, but Mr. Nap's. It is certainly a pity that one as well-regarded as him must endure the coming... issues his guest might instigate."

It is at these last words that Lenora's eyes fall on Dirt Nap . Should Horatio not leave on his own, it was the Gangrel's problem. Not hers.

4. Likes , Ruach, liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio simply smiles a haughty smile and bows.
    "Your loss!"
    He straightens and turns to leave. "
    If I am not given leave to prove myself or prove the worth of my word, then this domain is for the poorer of it ... Have a good night Seneschal Hart, Priscus Black."
    Horatio walks out the court Respectfully nodding to the different court officials as he goes. Horatio decides to walk back to his vehicle instead of catching a ride back with Dirt Nap.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice listens to the Shadow's words and the steps he takes as he leaves. Not wasting anymore of her time to speak of this...unfortunate man.

"I must confess myself surprised, Priscus Black. I hadn't thought he had either the intelligence nor the self preservation to actually leave. I thought I would have to have him forcibly removed." Though in all her nights before and after the black, she had never removed a kindred from Elysia, not even the fake Robert, or the flighty Lord. Who'd flit from conversation to conversation to force something to acknowledge him, and then Acknowledge him...what was his name...Katsu-something.

"Though I will apologies again, I know you're savvy enough to know what trials one might face in service to the Domain, but I was my word that brought you within the direct path of this....well." offering a jerking gesture to where the sound of the Mekhet's steps had taken him. "It is a pity, and from how Dirt Nap acted towards that...Mister Quilz, his senior within the Order. Or I assume so, with, just, how many words did Dirt Nap use to cobble together a title for Mister Quilz?" she shakes her head, the jerking strings pulled motion highlighted, and on display, "But one never truly know with Dragons do we?"

"How has your nights been since the last time we spoke?" Sincerity as artificial as the life that can bloom upon a kindred's face.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

The satisfaction of an official who shared her approach was more than enough to oust the nuisance of the intruding Shadow from her mind. The man is not acknowledged as he makes his retreat. For the moment, the man's only sense of worth was within the vague promise of his abilities and that of his lineage. Until he gained his place formally, such things were not of use to the Priscus or her Clan of Kings. Why would she deal with nomads and risk the Prince's suspicions?

"Indeed, Seneschal Hart. Though, if he does indeed return in July who can say what will happen?"
    she offers, her amusement plain in her tone and her face, "I admit I am quite curious as to how he will explain his delay to his superiors... though I doubt he will mention the lack of basic etiquette on his part."

Then a slight nod as the Haunt apologizes once again.

"All is well,"
    she offers, reaffirming that she felt no ill will to the Blind Woman, "If a quarrel should arise in my heart, it will not be with you."

A slight chuckle left the Lord's throat as Alice referenced the seemingly mixed bag that was the Ordo Dracul. The Invictus operated on the grounds of aristocracy, the Lancea Sanctum and Circle operated on their respective faiths, but the Dragons operated on something... different. For a few it seemed to be a certain science, some others seemed to gain understanding by testing their limits, and still more practiced some altogether different disciplines. However, all considered themselves scholars.

"Perhaps his studies have inflated his self-worth,"
    she mentioned, "The Dragons of Philadelphia were seldom seen and stuck well into the background as I recall... It was not within their intention to draw eyes to themselves. Mr. Nap seems to operate on such understanding as well, but it seems that the poison of Pride remains even for their strange order... In either case, he will learn or he will fail. The result rests purely on his shoulders."

"They have been characterized by a certain bliss, Seneschal,"
    she admitted, "Mr. Jack and I have come to a consensus on the path of our clan, though I cannot share the details as of yet. However, we are in a certain harmony and have reached an... understanding. His support is a comfort as I begin my work. I trust your own nights have been productive?"

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I very much doubt he'll even admit to a failing on his part. Perhaps there will have been a train delay, or a traffic accident that held his arrival up, something not of his control." Which would be politically apt, if the Shadow tries to convince whichever superior he had contact with that the fault lay with the Domain, word could easily travel and each and every court official could be made aware of it. It was so very easy to damn a kindred by their word, especially with the ease of modern technology.

Though, she is entirely certain that Lenora knows this, Alice doesn't voice her thoughts, instead she moves along with the conversation.

"I am glad to hear so," and she was, though, again, Lenora was the Lord of Lords, and one whom, Alice didn't mark as an idiot. Even if Lenora had an issue with her, she wouldn't boldly bring it up within these walls during this time. Or at least not without a lot of manoeuvring before hand, and the Haunt hadn't heard any whispers that could be leading towards that direction.

...though her social circle was small, and her contacts not as they had been...

"When someone thinks they know something you do not, there can be some posturing, and taunting of that knowledge. I have known some like that, and am not surprised that they make their way to Sacramento, the river carries all kinds. Though time will tell, if we'll have to contend with one of their like, come next month. Perhaps the river will continue to flow and he will not be caught by the reeds." she considers, "Though I hope his view point to change, or his outward approve, I enjoy the....refreshing earnest nature of Dirt Nap, I would hate for it to be poisoned so."

A strings pulled nod, "Then I shant be crass enough to ask for details." she says, and moves onto providing her own answers, "My nights have been just as well, my projects are moving forward, and Her Majesty has asked of the the Circle of the Crone to host next month's Court at the Farm. So, I have found myself busy, though, not too busy."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's slight smile tugs slightly wider as Alice voices her final thoughts on tonight's... distraction. The Haunt seems content to let the matter fall and the Lord herself is all to happy to let that portion of the discussion end.

"Indeed, though it is often to one's detriment to express a sense of superiority when walking into a new Domain. He will learn or he will fail,"
    she offers, "but I am in agreement in the hope that his... deviance does not tarnish Mr. Nap. However, I doubt he will allow it to reach such a point. I believe him to be of more cunning than he seems and he has already proven his prudence."

Simple minds do not denote simple intellect.

"My thanks,"
    she offers as the Seneschal respects her want for privacy, "The results will be worth the wait, of that I can assure you."

Then came the pronouncement of a second formal to be handled by the Crone and Lenora's brows raised in interest.

"Is it so?"
    she offered, her tone hinting to her light surprise, "I am certain the Circle will make good use of the trust Her Majesty has invested for the venue. I still recall the last formal in your temple quite fondly."

However, the idea of court on the farm itself was an interesting one.

Perhaps it is time to revisit old fashions.

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

To Lenora's words, Alice can only nod. Strings pulled and jerking. "Whatever happens regarding tonight's entertainment," she pauses, amusement curling through her spine and sharpening the lines of her smile. "going forward, it will be a lesson, though I do not believe that the lessons Dirt Nap will learn will be the same as those that others will learn." the observers, and Quilz, respectfully.

"Then I wait with a respectful anticipation." Alice murmurs, already wondering what the Lords were planning, and with whatever it was, should she ask Ale so she herself, wouldn't be caught flatfooted.

Another nod, "Yes, I remember it fondly as well, it was the first Court I attend upon my return. I know that the farm will hold a different tone then the temple, but one that I hope that will be enjoyable. As much as the Nox Populi is a familiar comfort, hosting a Court on a summer night under the stars...I hope that it will be an acceptable change."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Even in his defiance, he serves as an education in formalities," she agrees, readily amused by the concept, "It is just as well. Her Majesty has had a great deal of grace in dealing with the matter of etiquette, but some respects must always be adhered to, even when the First Estate does not hold sway."

Memory told her that the Prince of Philadelphia would have been less... gentle at the man's display, but then again the Invictus held the city far more strongly. By contrast, Alessandra proposed a sense of neutrality that did not exist in her old city. It was... different, but not entirely unwelcome by the Lord. Such positions had their own benefits - and threats.

Eyes look to the assembled Kindred as Alice recounts her own pleasant memories of the Court in the past and voices a soft promise a pleasant scenery at the Farm.

"It will be... an experience,"
    Lenora offered, "I have not been on a farm in... well, it has been some time. Perhaps it is an invitation to revisit old fashions."

Not sense her mortality had Lenora ventured on to such land. The ranch itself was a distant memory, as were the faces that dwelled within, but there was some fondness in her expression and voice, remembering as she was a simpler time.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"It isn't the first time such a thing has happened as I served as Senechal, and, sadly, I believe that it will not be the last. Though, it is a...pleasant change in that it was a Dragon and not a Carthian." She says, and before now, she hadn't given Covenant much thought. Maybe that is why she was overemphasizing Quilz's placement within the Ordo Dracul. He wasn't a Carthian. He should have known better. "And anyone who had done a modicum of research would have known that this Domain's Prince is of the First Estate, and would have to behave." or at least offer small courtesies.

A strings pulled nod, "Perhaps. I know I will be dressed in a somewhat....eclectic style. Well, if things go well." She had already sent off to the tailor, but working within a deadline, and to factor in the Doll's mood...Alice might not want to wear the dress she'd ordered. At least not then. "Though, Miss Wood has planted a wonderfully smelling flower garden, there's a path leading through them, that is well maintained."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread