Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable did not understand the Invictus and the order of who introduced who. So she didn't notice any errors. To Mable she would always introduce people in order of court importance.

Mable answered Twist honestly, "There are some things that don't seem to stick in my memory. It can be quite embarrassing at times. I don't mean harm or disrespect to anyone, it's just a curse I guess that I must live with. That and not expressing the correct words sometimes." Mable gives a little head shake, "That gets me into trouble."

When Ale says to use Court titles Mable nods. Then she grimaces when Ale adds Invictus titles are only for Invictus. She is sure she said something wrong again. "Oh, I do hope I wasn't stepping of toes so to speak with asking about titles. I was just interested. Sorry if my inquisitiveness was inappropriate. And I wasn't trying to gain respect for myself, I was just making sure I showed proper respect to you both."

"I appreciate you both for sharing. The titles do sound lovely. I particularly love how the title Lady sounds. So distinguished like in the English Monarchy. I won't ask what each means. I know in court titles I should use Prince or Your Grace for the Prince. And for Twist, please excuse the informal-ness, I can use Your Grace or Madam? Or is there a preferred greeting?"

"My hope is to not only help myself in the future with being appropriate but also helping new domain members."

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist kept her face neutral but it did take her a moment to breath out a simple, "I see."

It wasn't that memory issues where uncommon. Amongst Kindred if anything, they were prevalent. But one did not usually go around Court announcing it. It was a weakness. A not insignificant one.

And despite the appearance of wholesome farmer girl that Mable portrayed, Twist had fought with her before. There was more to Mable than met the eye.

"It is uncommon and dangerous is all." Twist said bluntly, knowing that she was being borderline rude by answering the comment directed to Ale. But the game was growing old and clearly Mable's memory issues were indeed significant if she couldn't even remember words spoken to her but moments earlier.

"As Her Grace Prince Antinori mentioned," she said bluntly, "for myself the honorific is 'Her/Your Grace'. But for you and new domain members not of the Invictus, I am to be addressed as Priscus Twist or Hound Twist. You and they do not need to concern yourself with further titles past those recognized by the entirety of the domain."

She had not missed that despite the entire conversation they were having Mable had entirely forgotten any sort of title with her latest address to the Kindred standing only below the Prince in the city.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sigh in her head, this was why Invictus titles were not for everyone.

“If memory is an issue, wanting to learn the titles of the Invictus is not going to do you any favors. I can understand wishing to show respect, but not getting them right is an insult. And in some Domains, under some Princes, it can mean Final Death.” More trouble than Mable probably wanted.

“Proper respect can be shown using Domain titles. Attempting to use Covenant titles, and getting them wrong, will not end well.” No way to sugar coat that.

She liked how Lady sounded as well, but, that was a different conversation for another time. “Invictus titles have deep seated significance for the Covenant, ones come from decades upon decades of protocol and traditions. So lets just let them be.” Before she said something that would not be good.

There it was. What she had been worried about and the Savage tenses slightly. “First names are not appropriate and with Invictus etiquette, do not to use them again. First, and only warning on that.” Even in public, first names were not used. But, she waited to see what Twist would say on it, as she was Judex, and the one being addressed by her first name.

And Twist handled it, and that was that.

“This topic has run its course. You’ve gotten the answers you asked for, and a lesson as well.”
    And a warning.

“Is there anything else you needed assistance with?"
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"There is nothing else. I do appreciate both of you being so patient with me. I believe I will be fine with sticking to Your Grace. And I do understand the mistake I just made. I am so sorry for that." She bowed her head to the Prince and Twist.

"There seems to be no need of me here tonight. Therefore I will take my leave and get back to my rounds." Mable gave a little curtsy and started to walk towards the door.

If stopped by anyone Mable will stay if not she will leave court.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gave a small nod at Mable's apology not feeling the need to drag the issue out any longer.

"Have a pleasant evening," she offered as Mable made her farewells.

Watching her leave court she let out a sigh and raised an eyebrow toward Ale, "I should have handled that differently" her tone wry with her admission.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage offers a nod, “Enjoy the rest of you evening.” And simply watches her leave.

While she heard Twist, she was silent for a few moments, figuring out what that was all about. Finally, she looks to the Daeva, “Handled it differently? I believe you handled it perfectly given the situation.” Perhaps friendlier than she was expecting. “Though I am curious what brought the question on, it’s not one asked before.” Looking back towards the exit, thoughtful.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I have never seen any reason to doubt her commitment to the Circle. Which is what I would usually attribute such questions too, interest in the Invictus. So it is ... curious what would have encouraged such."

She was silent a moment, and then taking in a breath and smiling she turned more fully to Ale. "At least I cannot say that it was a wholly mundane court," she said with a small chuckle. Silver linings.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Agreed, so it is,” a pause, thoughtful for a second, “odd. I’m curious to see where it goes, if it goes anywhere.” Or not. Whatever.

Smiling back, “It wasn’t. Between the odd questions and a blatant disregard of basic manners, it’s been interesting to say the least.” Though how Dirt Nap was going handle his…problem…remained to be seen. There was more to be said, but, Court. Some things were best talked about in private.

Her eyes look around the room once more, noting who was there and what time it was.

“Seems the night is drawing to a close.”
    Another Court over. Vuoi unirti a me per un drink? O un'altra volta? she’d never demand Twist join her for anything. Just an offer.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist followed Ale's gaze around the room.

"Un drink sarebbe incantevole" she said with a smile.

Turning back to the room, she found the doll figure of Alice and afforded the woman a parting curtsy before glancing back to Ale to see if she was ready and then leading the way out.

Twist heads out of Court unless stopped.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer departs from her conversation, having bid Mr. Heinrich goodbye. She gives the Archon a respectful curtsy as the pillar of the First Estate departs.
    The Lady Notary gracefully folds into a curtsy to her Grace, Alessandra, and holds for a respectful period.
    The Nosferatu gave her Clan Sister, Alice, an appropriate nod of respect for her respected position as Seneschal. A second, smaller nod is given to Lenora, the other woman with a Priscus title.

Unless stopped, the Lady Notary gracefully walked with confidence out of Elysium.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread