(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod at the thanks, “Not at the moment, but thank you for the offer, I’ll keep that in mind should something come up. We were just saying how quiet the Domain has been as of late.” Which was both nice and not. Calm before the storm? But, maam? To Twist? No, that wouldn’t do. “Your Grace,” she gently corrects, “if this is a casual conversation.” No malice, just a simply correction. “If you’re unsure, please, just ask.” The smile there, just a friendly bit of advice. But Twist had defended the Domain more numerous years and had been a pillar of it as well. She earned more than just a ‘maam’.

Looking to Twist, “Miss Wood has offered to keep up the patrols of the Domain.”

Then her attention was drawn to Alice was once again and the ongoing Acknowledgement. Or, well, lack thereof. And she smiles, this was why Alice made such a perfect Seneschal. She knew the Laws, knew Ale and wasn’t afraid to tell someone how it was. How would the chat play out? Would he take his leave for another month? Or continue to put his foot in his mouth?

A look was given to Twist, with a hint of amusement in her eyes.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable's hand flew to her mouth, undoubtedly a reaction practiced among her time with the kine but sincerely done just the same. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I have always been terrible with titles and was afraid to use Your Grace with you as well because I thought that was reserved just for the Prince. Please accept my sincerest apologies." Mable gave Twist a small bow.

"Thank you both for your patience with me."

"The other thing I wanted to ask, is there anything special you require for the Court next month at the Farm?"

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brief look of gratitude is offered to Ale, before she turns back to receive Mable's apology.

"You would not be the first to struggle with such, but I appreciate that you are willing to try."

An eyebrow raised at Ale's commentary, "Oh? That is good of you. Please let me know if you need any assistance in such. It would not be the first time for me."

"Court at the Farm?"
    she echoed, curiosity coloring her tone as she glanced between the two Gangrel. It had been some time since Court had been themed and she wondered if this would be such a month.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had figured it was something along those lines, which was why she was gentle about the correction.

“Like I said, if you’re not sure, just ask. I know I won’t fault someone for asking to make sure they’re correct.” Some might. But that was them.

A shake of her head, “No, nothing special. Just that it adheres to the Laws and rules in place here.” Though that should go without saying.

Looking to Twist, she nods, “I asked them if they would be open to hosting a Court. I figured it would be good for us to get out and into a new space here and there. And the Crones Farm is the only place I know that is outdoors, but far enough away from the Kine to be safe.”

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looked a little sheepish, "I was wondering if you could write down the correct titles for everyone for me? I could practice them and hopefully memorize them? I could keep it in my old office and work there if it's okay."

The court, "Great. I was thinking of setting it up like a back yard gathering in my gardens and on the back patio."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am already looking forward to it," Twist replies honestly.

"Summer evenings in California are a luxury and it will be pleasant to be able to enjoy it during Court. And of course I look forward to seeing the results of all the work you have done there," she says with a smile toward Mable.

An eyebrow lifted in surprise at Mable's request. It might be an Invictus tradition, but plenty even within the Covenant balked at them. To have one not of the Covenant request such was surprising.

"I am surprised that you would want to," she says, vocalizing her thoughts with a chuckle. "Titles and honorifics for members of the covenant can be ... complicated. Even for those who are Invictus."

She exchanged a glance with Ale, before turning back to Mable, a delicate hand lifting in almost an apology for her words. "A list of the current titles could likely be provided, but they are not permanent. Our titles change and with them the honorifics. The list would be but a look at where our covenant stands the day the list was made. The easiest method would be to use our domain titles to prevent offering offense. Or Mister or Madam along with their last name for those who do not have a domain title."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I’ve always been wary of writing things down that can compromise the Masquerade. Are ours,” a nod to Twist, “the ones you are concerned with?” because Invictus titles could be a nightmare. But she wasn’t writing them down.

Nodding, “That should work.” Planning Courts was not really her thing.

The Savage listened and nodded when Twist spoke, not interrupting.

“Not to mention that it’s never been a requirement of anyone not of the Invictus to use our titles. And I agree, Domain titles are the easiest way. Otherwise I think we would need name tags.” She jokes towards Twist with a chuckle. Looking back to Mable, “You cannot go wrong with Domain titles. Plus, if you are curious, just ask.” But it was a rabbit hole few wanted to venture down.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened and nodded. "I guess you both are correct, I would probably need a scroll to keep up with them." She gave a chuckle.

"I really just want to make sure people feel I am giving the correct respect through using titles. It's just this darn cursed memory. It's like a bucket with several holes in it. Some things just don't stick there and other things won't go away." She gave a sigh.

"Now my curiosity is getting to me. what are each of your full titles and honorifics. I know I will never remember them but I think it is wonderful to hear them."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile dancing, Twist nodded in confirmation of what Ale said.

"You have difficulty remembering?" Twist asked, her voice lightly curious as she regarded the blonde with them.

At her request for their titles, Twist paused. It wasn't that they were secret. But ... there were formalities to such. And right now, those formalities got to be slightly complicated.

Who introduced who was important in the Invictus. Lower to introduce higher. So with her being Duchess and Judex, Ale would usually introduce her in Invictus circles. And yet, Ale carried the position of Prince. The highest in the city. To that, Twist was merely her Archon. But then again. Would Mable even notice, let alone care. There was a good chance, Twist could introduce herself and Mable would not even realize the social faux pas that could be seen as.

Ah. Well. Ale would understand, but she would also understand any missteps she was fairly sure.

Making a sweeping gesture toward Alessandra with her hand, "I present to you Madam Antinori, Lady, Prince of Sacramento."

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Discussing titles was not how the expected to spend the evening.

“It’s easy enough to show proper respect through use of the Court titles. Using Invictus titles won’t gain you the respect you are seeking. There is a reason it’s not expected for those not of the Covenant to know the titles. There are specific ways they are used and a very specific order, and messing those up can have dire consequences. And only Invictus titles are supposed to be used with Invictus.” There was a reason for that.

But, it seemed they were going to do it as Twist introduced her. And two things struck her. One, it wasn’t Twists place to introduce her…it was Ale’s job to introduce Twist first, then herself. Second, why was Lady used in her title? Did she miss something? Something to ask about later, in private, not in Court.

With a motion of her hand, “May I present Her Grace, Alder Twist, Duchess of Sacramento, Judex, Archon and Priscus of Daeva.” Each title spoken with respect.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread