THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2006) Seneschal Aside
Jun 5, 2020 - Jun 30, 2020
Dirt Nap, Jennifer, and Edward
Jun 6, 2020 - Jun 29, 2020
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    L

Wilhelm strode into The Asylum, ignoring what few stares he got due to his unusual choice of clothing, by the standards of the club at least. What went unnoticed out in the rest of the world tended to stand out here. He let his gaze pan across the place, mainly ignoring the various displays as he looked for Victoria. He knew her by sight, at least, as every Kindred in the domain probably did since Court.

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria strode into the club from the back staff entrence. She just wore a simple pair of black slacks and a white blouse. Behind her a large man followed in a charcoal grey suit and a vacant expression. The man entered one of the empty back rooms and took up a position along one of the walls, while Victoria continued into the club proper. Once there She started scanning the room to see if she saw any kindred milling about.

L

Wilhelm noted Victoria soon after she walked into the club. Auspex helped ensure that one did not miss much. Ahh...the use of disciplines. It was nice to meet somewhere other than an Elysium. He deftly wove his way between the various...activities...taking place, making it to Victoria in fairly short order. And tightening the hold on his riled beast as he did so. "Miss Stamford, a pleasure to finally have an opportunity to speak with you in person."

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria smiled at the man as he approached and addressed her. I really hate the overabundance of kindred who feel the need to hide their beast using powers of the blood. Ashamed of what they are or are they just cowards?

"Mister Von Schusten I presume? It is good to see you. Sorry I'm late, it took me a little longer getting here than I thought. I have my servant in back holding a room for us. If you will follow me?"

If Wilhelm did not have anything further to say she turned and made her way to one of the back rooms and opened the door waiting for him to enter before following him in and closing it behind her.

There are couches on one half of the room for seating and talking, while the other half is set up with tools and equipment for other more energetic uses. Standing along one of the walls is the large man in a suit that had followed her in. He stood staring strait ahead seeming not to notice the entrance of the two kindred. Victoria gestured to the seating area and spoke, "Please be seated."

She made her way to a couch, sat down, and crossed her legs. "So Priscus Von Schusten, have you been in the domain long?" she asked making small talk.

L

"It is no problem, you did mention that it would take a while to arrive when we spoke on the phone." With the initial pleasantries concluded Wilhelm followed her into the back room. He noted the man in the suit immediately upon entering. Large men who reacted little to their surroundings tended to be body guards, in his experience at least. And he measured the man with the practiced gaze of an accomplished combatant. Only then did he widen his perceptions to take in the rest of the room, seemingly unfazed by its contents.

And when Victoria offered him a seat he chose a chair that allowed him a view of both her and her servant. And his gaze unwaveringly remained at eye level, despite her rather impressive figure. "I have arrived fairly recently, the night the perpetrators of the Lost Nights staged their latest bombing. I was also present in the mass dream experienced by so many of the Kindred not long ago, though I do not remember seeing you there. And you, when did you arrive in Sacramento?"

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I myself was not a part of any shared dream so I must have arrived after it or was not a part of it. I believe it has been just over a month now. I had a meeting earlier with Harpy Naetesh it was my understanding that she was the Mekhet Priscus, is this change a very recent development then? Furthermore, I just came from a meeting with her and the Prince, it seems odd that it wasn't mentioned." Victoria spoke in a conversational tone with a friendly demeanor and didn't appear to be implying or suggesting anything.

L

"She was, yes, and the change is a very recent one. She felt that she had too many other responsibilities to serve adequately as Priscus. So she passed the position to me, feeling that I would be able to perform admirably in her stead. I have left a favorable impression upon her, it seems." He leaned back slightly in his chair, now was the time to get down to the reason he had called. "She mentioned that you were attempting to contact all the various Clan and Covenant heads, open and maintain avenues of communication."

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria nods as she answers the man's question, "I have indeed. I find it rather troubling the lack of any kind of communication. Take your case for example, there was no one who issued a letter, a text, or a phone call to anyone about any change. This is just one such instance of the larger issue. Other key information is not getting where it needs to go or if it does is mangled and lacking in completeness," she paused to let her words settle in before continuing.

"I know you said that you were newly appointed, but you have been in the city for perhaps a little longer than myself, have you encountered any problems or have any feedback or suggestions concerning this? I'm looking into all avenues of approach before preparing a solution."

L

"I have not encountered any problems, no. Priscus Konstantin directed me to Harpy Nateesh, who has been able to provide me with all of the information I have needed so far." He rested his chin in one hand, contemplating for several seconds before continuing. "Electronic communications would be ill-advised for a system such as the one you propose. The risk of them being tapped forces us to be vague, not a desirable requirement when disseminating important information. I believe the Elysia would be the best option for such an endeavor, ensure that all important information is posted there. And if it is sensitive, something not all Kindred should have access to, then utilize individually addressed letters. The trick would simply be ensuring that everyone does indeed pass the information along. More familiarity between the officials of the Domain might help in that regard." In other words, the current system is likely the best. Though it could be utilized better.

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria frowned slightly considering the man's words, "That has been mostly my assessment as well. Electronic communications are out for any type of important details, or they would have to be in some sort of code if even then. I think you're right it boils down to getting people to correspond with one another. I'll think of something, but it would be far easier if things weren't in complete chaos right now. I do appreciate your assessment, I'll think of something."

She paused a moment before she smiled and changed directions in conversation, "I hope you don't mind, but would you tell me a bit about yourself? Do you belong to any Covenants? I'd like to get to know everyone I'll be working with a little better."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread