Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
(Hunter Hunted) Tracks

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sighing a bit fine if that was how they wanted to play things she wouldn't argue, her previous spell on the creature dropped this time focusing on altering the internal functions of the beast to lull it into a deeper sleep. Speaking her words as silently as she could whilst slowly and carefully moving towards it.
    A green glyph emanating from her left hand as she lightly touches the beast as softly as possible as far away from the other two as possible.

Paradox failure, 1 success on the spell.

Feeling how the spell barely takes ahold through the lie, fearing that the beast will cast it of but not having time to worry about that right now.
    Quickly stepping back and getting back into position to be able to fire at it getting ready to sneak back up to it again if she feels it safe to retry her work whilst feeling annoyed over drawing the eyes of the abyss to her again and again.

Skye casts Trigger Autonomic Function with a desire for it to be stuck asleep. Resist with stamina reflexively.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Avis edges closer and attempts to work on the armband. The two ends of the object are joined together in a curious clasp-like mechanism, which gives the Arrow something to work with. However, her efforts to unlock the armband are for nought; Avis is unable to break open the clasp. Indeed, the armband seems to dig even more deeply into the Beast's arm when she tries.
    Skye delicately switches over her spells. The new spell flares brightly - a green flame before their eyes as it settles onto the Beast's Pattern. The creature... farts again... and relaxes into the mud.

While the Talon's work, Guru is looking over the object again. His eyes are beginning to burn as the Scrutiny starts to take its toll. The Shaman focusses on the discordant note he had detected, seeking to draw an understanding of what that meant. He knew that something had interfered with his Supernal attempts at unlocking the armband...

And he finds a kink in the Artefact's Pattern: a twist that turns a strength into a damaging weakness.

The only way he could describe his discovery would be...

That the Artefact is cursed.

4. Likes liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I don't think I can get this off," Avis said softly, picking up her things and backing away from the creature.

"I swear that armband got tighter, what's it's deal, anyways? You been staring at it long enough, Padawan."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He was lucky, way luckier than this beast was. His first thought was amputation, guy could live without an arm maybe get it regenerated if he were a mage like they were. If not the alternative was death. He shook his head looking to Avis with his eyes unfocused for a second before he blinked back to reality.

"Cursed. It's cursed. I've never handled anything like this before. Do you have a way to remove it or do we have to amputate? Directly affecting the object isn't possible, my last attempt didn't fail it was...shattered." Best way he could put it as his eyes returned to the armband and thought about where to cut. His hands already fumbling at his belt in case they needed a tourniquet.

There was something else there though. He had an urge to grab the object, to keep it for himself. He didn't think it was the object but he wanted to see if that flaw could be refined, if it could be fixed. It was another puzzle.

failure

7. Likes liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

So cursed object and impossible to remove sounded simple to her, speaking in a soft tone.
    "Can you either shatter it or do either of you have something to take his arm of with and then remove it? It should be possible to reattach it afterwards just keep it whole and get a clean cut or Guru can you make your arm into a praying mantis one to cut it of? I have never tried that myself so I am not sure how effective it is."

Turning her look towards Avis.
    "If memory serves so did you have knowledge of prime so can you counteract the curse with it?"

9. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Please continue. The Beast is sleeping soundly.

Guru has no idea about curses or cursed artefacts. His mind is a complete blank.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"For an object like this, you'd have to be an adept, if not a master, and maybe not even then. I mean, if this comes from the Big A, you might need archmastery, for all I know," Avis mused, looking down at the snoring creature.

Death or dismemberment. She knew which she'd prefer. Hell, she'd once known a one armed boxer, although he'd proven to be dangerous in other ways. Actually, in much the same way as this beast and the armband was proving to be.

"The question isn't whether we can take it's arm off or not. The question is whether we can keep it asleep while we do it. I mean, hell, I could dip to the hardware store and get a pocket chainsaw, or an axe, and be back here in about an hour, I'd bet. But once we put it to use, well, this thing is gonna want to wake up. I suppose..."

She trailed off, bringing a hand up to rub at the back of her neck, a frown pulling at her lips.

"I could move us somewhere safer. Though that doesn't mean the hunters couldn't find it. That's the thing about messing with the fabric of reality. Every time you do it, you're basically sending out an invitation for someone to come along and fuck with it. Which means I'm out a safehouse, and this fuck could be a Seer for all we know. What if it's a fucking Seer? We get the damn armband off and they go and sell us out? What then?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"And it could be an innocent person given a ticking time bomb just as much as it could be a seer. If it's a Seer it'll have a bleeding stump and three enemies to contend with. You can try and dig in its skull and find out when it's passed out from blood loss, I can wipe the scene of any trace evidence no issue.

"We can check the barn for a lawnmower blade I can hone it to a fine edge and then one of you can give it the chop. I'm an apprentice in the Alchemical Arts so my use is limited but not nill. Could you put the arm just slightly out of location and then close the space around it to sever it? We just have to stay calm and not lose our heads while we think of a solution. I don't have a pocket arch-master for this unfortunately so we have to be clever."

He buckled his belt again as he crouched there examining the armband and the arm as he tried to put together a solution that kept whatever it was alive. The thing was an innocent for all he knew so he'd try and protect it, that was the wise and right thing right, right? If it were easy everyone would be doing it.

He took in one deep breath, then another slowly centering himself as he used the tools of meditation to slow his racing heart. It was well and asleep right now he just had to use his head. They'd get at least one clean hit, he could maybe give them a second one, him working the blade and Skye assisting Avis' muscle memory might get it done in one.

Is there a way around it though, his eyes starring at that flaw.

13. Likes liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Honing the form, dex+3 (pot3)
    Body control +3
    Pulse of the living world
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

"Nahh if we were gonna use an actual safe house so would it be to much of a loss so that sounds bad nor would it be good to move to a location where we risk to much danger of confusion combined with it. If we were to move so would some abandoned place be the best otherwise if we are to use something that makes to much noise so can I see about reducing it a bit. However he will awaken from such an attack, my spell should keep it asleep for a bit so we should have some time at least providing that no one else shows up here which is another threat."

Looking over towards the barn and trying to think back of what she saw there when they were by it.
    "We could do that however I do not know how much good stuff we will find nor how good they will be now, we could also see about getting some ropes and try to tie it up as much as possible to make it so that it waking up will not be much of an issue as well now that would most likely be our safest path hopefully so can we keep it asleep for as long as we do not damage it.
    The best thing to do would probably be to keep one guard here, you can go to the store sure and one person checks the barn whilst one guards here I do not like the one hour thing though. For moving it so would it be good if we either just took an abandoned place overall as I said before, somewhere deep in a rural forest where no one would come or somewhere where we could easily strap it down but risking to lose a safe house feels like a bad idea for a gamble."

Looking towards the barn.
    "So Guru you or me can go check it and if we cannot get any rope and a good way to tie it up so is there always the option of putting a couple of well placed arrows in both it's legs and wound it enough that it will not be able to move just waiting for death as we take the arm of and then we heal it up afterwards it's not the kindest path but at least it will make sure that we will not be in danger and it will help to ensure that we will have an advantage if it proves to be someone that we cannot allow to keep around as well. Naturally rope or chains would be kinder but it is still an option."

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"If it's a sleeper then disbelief should have shattered the spell. Unless Artifacts aren't affected by disbelief, I don't honestly know, though it also doesn't really matter. If it is a sleeper than this is a massive breach of the Veil and that means this person's life is effectively, if not literally, over," Avis mused for a moment before she got to her feet and heaved another sigh.

"Whatever. Could be a sleepwalker. Doesn't matter. Let's take it's fucking arm off. I'll wield the blade if you can find one. Guru, why don't you go look since you'd be manufacturing this thing anyway. Katniss and I can keep this thing here and keep on the lookout for the hunters."

17. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 8 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread