Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1105) Amelita and Anasztaz

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 7, 2011 : (1105) Twenties Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"Please, don't kill the messenger." Anasztaz says, chuckling in turn, moving aside with her as she shifted out of the way and into a more subtle spot.

"But think of this as Halloween for the damned, tinged in the same way that everything about us is."

After all, even the most innocent feelings in the heart of a vampire would turn to bile. Anything their kind did was rotten at its core. In truth, it wasn't something that bothered him much.

"Still, it is best to just go with the flow rather than bothering yourself too much."
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

Amelita nods along dutifully, although the expression on her face is sceptical. Ana's advice sounded a little defeatist. She decided to test the calm demeanour of what probably amounted to her best friend in the Domain.

"Mmm. Go with the flow. Yeah. So that was the one who interested you at Avalon, right? Was that strike two I just saw?"
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"Are you keeping the score for me, now?" Anasztaz asks, arching his brow. His eyes glint a hint of amusement and he follows up with a soft laugh.

He took it in good humor and retorted, for all appearances it didn't seem to have bothered him in any way.
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

"Well I've already counted these poor people twice over," Amelita shrugged. "None of this is really my kind of party, you know?"

She moves to another pocket of shade.

"So where'd you get your costume?"

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"The closet. I guess you could say I am a bit of a pack rat. Not that I own many things, maybe that is why I don't throw anything." Anasztaz says, shrugging helplessly.

The thought that he would have to update his wardrobe sometime passed fleetingly through his mind. That would have had its own complications, he'd ponder on how to approach that later.

"What would be your kind of party, then? Like I told you before, I am interested and I didn't get the chance to indulge much last time we spoke."

"None of this stuck in the past mess. No being reminded of what you aren't and not a single warm, breathing person made into a fucking drinking fountain prop. That's my kind of party," Amelita answers with a little bitterness. She stops short of deciding to omit how vast swathes of bullshit dub subgenres coined by the blogos cabal weren't really doing it for her.

"Sorry," she sighs. "All this is stressing me out. You think anything big's gonna happen tonight?"

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"There's a bit of tension playing still from the last Court, but I doubt it will amount to anything here." Anasztaz says, throwing a glance to where Sidor and Alice had been. He wasn't close to eavesdrop, but that they had been talking together was notable on its own.

"I am curious though, about something you said. Not being reminded of what we aren't?"

Going back to the subject had some risks, she did seem stressed and dwelling on that wouldn't help. This was a subject of his interest and he was curious beyond his own prudence.

"How do you propose that could be overcome?"

Amelita's expression went blank. Anasztaz had stumped her. When she answers, it's with muted exasperation.

"I dunno. Maybe not revel in how all we do's consume. Maybe try actually try and create something for a change... so long as we're fucking people up enough to bleed for us and recycling times gone by for kicks. Wouldn't that be a step in the right direction?"

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"Agreed, of course." Anasztaz nods, it was a good response. Yet mostly academic. Bringing it into action would be a whole different matter.

"But humor me. Were you tasked with organizing a function, how would you do it so that it fits that ideal?"

He promptly regrets pushing the issue further. That question could be seen as a rhetorical attempt to put her down as shallowly rebellious.

"I am not trying to prove you wrong, I just like how you think. I understand if you don't have an answer at hand, it is not a simple matter."
    he clarifies, he didn't really have any motivation to push her hard.

Amelita gave Anasztaz a look and answers without hesitation, as though she's already given this topic consideration.

"Make everybody hide. Hide their Beast, hide their nature... The game wouldn't be to dress up as an old chinadoll. It'd be to pass as a person. We'd hide from each other at some party set up by real people. Hide who we are, hide from ourselves. We're bad for each other. All of us."

Amelita ends with a smirk, as though she knows full well how unrealistic this suggestion is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread